Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. voiceofreason Active Member

Oh, and I’m feeling very weirded out that I’m confident when Royal has the ball. He actually makes quite a few good runs that aren’t picked up. Maybe he was just trying too hard to start with and so got nervous and is now feeling happier in his role

Anyway prefer him this way

Also Romero is a beast, I like the South American contingent we have in the team. Ossie and Ricky paved the way!

2. The Conte Guest

From what I understand Conte has still been picking the team… Stellini mentioned they talk numerous times a day… and text during the actual games about what Conte wants to do

I agree Stellini would naturally have a greater input as things stand… and Conte would defer more to him in this situation… he’s done a good job and he’s a likeable guy… so let’s hope there’s no drop off

I’m not sure how Conte can go back to Son full time at Richy’s expense… true things haven’t really happened for him in the final third yet but he brings so much else to the team regardless

3. The Conte Guest

It could also have something to do with seeing the club spend 40 mill on a player to replace him

Royal has some junkyard dog in him for sure… it’s good to see him with his confidence high

The only slight problem with that is that Porro looks very smooth… sure he was awful on debut against Leicester but so was everyone else… he is going to be good

Competition is not a bad thing of course… but was interesting to see him come on as a forward today

4. The Conte Guest

Hey Preed… I recall you mentioning you were a league man… who’s your team? and do you follow the NRL?

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Wigan Are my team and always have been since billy Boston time.Favourite players Jason Robinson and Andy Farrell.Much prefer league to union

6. The Conte Guest

Oh I agree… league is a much better watch… particularly these days

I don’t mind Wigan… how are they looking this year? I see they’ve lost Bateman again… obviously Saints very hard to beat these days

7. voiceofreason Active Member

I hated league until I went to Australia and watched the state of origin, league played at a good level is a good watch. Played at the level I used to watch on Saturdays when you had no choice of what sport was on, not so much!

8. The Conte Guest

Yes the State of Origin is something else… I don’t know how those guys do it… just brutal

The NRL is quality and generally a good watch… Super League can be very good at times when there’s a big game on

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What ever we say about levy he is a shrewd businessman.Latest deal to build carting facility under stadium is a money maker for sure.I wonder if he ever thinks of the benefit to the football side or is this just another money maker for enic

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Half time view.Sanchez is a clown son is totally gone and is so easily robbed of ball.Referee is total idiot not even a booking for leg breaker on Peresic.We need Kane or this could go horribly wrong as we have not created a good chance and one slip and we are out

11. Guesty Guest

it's a worry to me that I wish Royal was on the pitch rather than Porro.
    Porro is not doing it for me.
    I'd take him off and put Lucas there..... and bring on Kane

agree about Sanchez. totally sh1te.

12. Dier is Poor Guest

Doesn't matter does it? The club is winning nothing under ENIC. Sanchez Dier Davies on and on and on it is allowed to go...

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Please those who accuse me of being negative come on and justify that performance against Sheffield reserve team.When will we stop sending half baked teams out in the fa cup. Can you sack a manager who was at home???Poor goalkeeping for the goal and even worse defending.Why is Sanchez still at the club and I am afraid that Son andPeresic contribute nothing .Where was the fight and these poor imitations of players should publicly apologise to the fans.Early days but Porro did nothing to raise spiritsIt is sad when a player who has not played more than half a game is your best attacker (Moura).how can you play with no passion in the greatest cup competing.I think the team we picked to start was an insult to Sheffield and the travelling fans who should demand a refundIAM SO ANGRY

14. voiceofreason Active Member

Clearly they decided not to prioritise this game. Not sure that’s a good decision, I think keeping a winning team going has merits even if it is a slightly tweaked one and then rest them later in the game

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

You can’t be serious saying they did not prioritise this competition.Why .?? What arrogance if true.one chance of silverware and we throw it away with a performance like that.We beat City and Chelsea then play like that.Surely last year should have told us that you need to play your best team.It seems to me that coaches are ingrained with the idea that you can’t play 3 games in a row .What utter tripe tell that to a working man who gets paid a fraction of these prima donnas.I for one will not begrudge Kane a move to a team with pride.Last night I saw no pattern of play just hit and hope.This is surely down to the coaching staff not being able to motivate the players.I can’t blame the assistant because he was under Contes orders but it’s frightening to think Mason is still involved.I dont think I have been this angry with my club for years and just can’t wait for the Conte lovers to jump to his defence.Come on Levy grow some and act now and get a manager who won’t put up with the non effort and deficiencies of this bunch .The players at the end of match went to applaud the fans .They should have turned their backs on them to show their disgust at that effort.Players who should go Dier Sanchez Davies Peresic Hojbjerg Tanganga Lenglet Danjuma Richarlison and Son

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a shame this once voiciferous website has gone silent the last few weeks which tells me that the supporters have given up caring .The second rate fare served up every other week has numbed them into submission

17. The Conte Guest

Pffft

No disrespect but you’re the only one dropping your pants every second weekend

That was a woeful result for sure… no worries… but that’s football… particularly Spurs football

The side we sent out was more than good enough to win… but it seems no one other than Kane can remember how to score

I can’t talk too much about this website in years past… but it’s a great platform so it’s a shame it doesn’t get more exposure. Maybe the moderators can figure out how to do so. I’m sure if most Spurs fans actually knew about it they’d be more than happy to join

As for those couple of reprobates you miss posting? Well it’s better they don’t don’t you think?

18. voiceofreason Active Member

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

At least I care and there is no need for personal insults about dropping my pants.I guest on another web and if you think that I am negative go and search the other sites and see the general attitude is more along my way of thinking .Are you really satisfied with the attitude that this is football and accept it

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Voice of reason I agree that they did not prioritise the game but I am saying they should have and it was arrogant not to

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button