Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Guesty Guest

to get away only 1-0 is a good result (in the end)

Sarr & Skipp were good....and I would think instructed to both sit.

Have to say I like Richarlison's touches we he came central. (is there an 'option' for 2 up top with him & Kane.....and move Kula to wide of 4 or in a hole behind the 2??)

just on Danjuma....... reminds me a hell of a lot like when we bought Zakora......
    Wenger (I think it was) conned us by showing interest.... and then (no doubt) laughed until he was sick when we 'jumped in ahead of him'.....
    Everton needed something to brighten up their season and I tbink they have it

2. The Conte Guest

Typical Spurs to play a struggling side into form

We’ve got Chelsea soon… Potter just needs to hold on until then

Conte appears to have mailed it in… he’s going to sink or swim with Son despite having Brazil’s number 9 on the bench

Very strange since Son’s best game this season came after he was deservedly benched

Beyond that he’s scored once in 20 league games… doesn’t look like scoring… doesn’t create

Not sure Conte’s head or heart is in it anymore… he’s not making a lot of sense

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Rumours today of a takeover bid in the Financial Times.Bid is likely 3.1 billion but we think Enic want 4 billion

4. THFC Guest

Very tough game to watch with a number of really poor performances again. I feel for Forster because he made a world class save but as is all too often at the moment, was let down by the defenders in front of him.

Romero has commented on the teams solidity however he was anything but solid on several occasions, including the goal. Romero is a strange one for me. On his day he is world class but his moments of rashness are too frequently on display.

Dier was really poor again and Lenglet isn’t the left sided solution to our troubles. To be fair to Emerson, he defended pretty well but his quality on the ball in the final third is quite shocking.

Skipp played pretty well although should never be used as more than a squad member. Sarr on the other hand is something special. He is quality and his reading of the game is outstanding.

Kulu looked out of sorts however Son was terrible again. His touch, strength and confidence are all gone.

Kane was marked out of the game by some very good defending.

That leaves Conte. So, given our lack of options due to injuries, it’s really difficult to be too critical however the game clearly needed changing far earlier and with Danjuma and Richarlison just sat on the bench, Conte didn’t inspire any kind of belief when a change in the attack was screaming out as our only chance to get back into the game.

As ‘The Conte’ has rightly said, he looks checked out and if that’s the case, we really need to consider our options. If he was committed, I for one think he would be great to stay on and continue building what he started. He seems like he has fallen out of love with his role though and is now eyeing up options. If that really is the case, it’s best for all that he moves on and we find someone who actually wants the job at the end of the season because the uncertainty is only making things worse

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Looks like Levy has scotched rumours of bid as he says they have no thought of selling And wants to carry upon the rebuild What a wonderful thought

6. Guesty Guest

I've forgotten....... when did Levy start the rebuild??

Conte will go because he can't buy big players on big wages

Sarr needs to play regularly. If not with us then can we lend him to Crystal Palace. He has a bit of 'Vieira' about him so he might get some good coaching

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It never happened that’s why we need to sell.As for Sarr he is class and should be first choice not loaned out.3 in midfield Sarr Hojbjerg and Betancour but it won’t happen with this manager

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I am really interested what the rest of the posters on here think about Conte remaining to the end of the season if he won’t commit to another contract.If he does not sign should we not be looking to change now

9. Guesty Guest

The problem is 'who' do you bring in.

Whoever comes in will want their own type of players......therein lies the problem..... they won't be fully backed

I'd leave Conte in...... as in the summer he might get 2 that he wants..... then in the following winter another 2.......

It's always a long process with Levy.... the trouble is chopping and changing nanagers gets us nowhere

10. THFC Guest

100% agree, only problem is that this only works if Conte is committed to staying. That sadly doesn’t seem to be very clear currently

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

My point guesty is if he says he is not staying why prolong the agony.Do you really think he will stick around while Levy drip feeds 2 at a time

12. Guesty Guest

Agree..... I don't think he will.
    The problem is that the next manager won't get what he wants (quickly enough) either.
    so best to give Conte a couple of key top player signings to add to those he has already bought in.

Levy will always want to sell before buying...... which is fine financially..... but the problem is the manager (pick whoever you like) wants a top player (who may have a sell on value)..... but we buy mediocre (with no sell on value who nobody wants)

13. voiceofreason Active Member

He is staying in Italy to recover from the operation. What’s the bet he extends that and leaves due to health reasons!

14. The Conte Guest

Good call so far… through no fault of his own Forster is 0 and 2

Maybe Hugo brings more to the team than his weekly goal-gifting errors after all

As for Conte… yes… barring an epiphany… he looks shot

I don’t blame him… it’s been a season where everything possible has gone wrong… an annus horribilis… and I say that with all due respect to those who have passed

Include Son in that… who has turned to utter chum ever since his father thought it wise to tell the world his son (no pun intended) is not world class… despite matching Salah in the toughest league on the planet

Son… like a good son (again no pun intended)… has gone above and beyond to prove his father right

I don’t want to see him on the pitch for Spurs again

15. voiceofreason Active Member

Son on the bench. Davies and Lenglet playing. Royal with cheese back

I’d say it’s a more defensive set up

what are the odds for a Son second half hat trick ;)

16. The Conte Guest

Well we can make a few things official…

Conte should manage the team from Italy… with Stellini as his puppet in London

Son looks great on the bench… and plays slightly better off it… he should stay there

Royale with Cheese is a quality footballer… lol

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Emmerson starting to look like a footballer so why have we got Porro. Richarlison needs time because he looks so out of touch.Skipp played well but I would prefer Sarr .Still a win is a win although the first half stunk

18. voiceofreason Active Member

Err .., weren’t you one of the main people (including me) saying change royal as soon as possible he is rubbish? I’ll admit he is starting to change my opinion although I need a few more to be convinced but stating why have we got Porro is just looking for something else to whinge about.

Last edited: February 19, 2023
  19. voiceofreason Active Member

I love Romero’s mad passion. When we score a goal he used to smack the scorer on the head now he booted Royal up the backside!

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What’s a matter voice of reason .Can’t find something to dig me out about.Yes I was one to say Emmerson was rubbish as a lot of people did but the difference is I can give praise when it’s deserved and his last 3 games have been good.My comment about Porro was tongue in cheek as we do need reinforcements but I would have preferred a centre half.I will also say Dier played well against the Hammers but that does not make him a world beater and he will be rubbish again!I think you will find most peoples gripe with Emmerson is his attacking prowess and not his defending

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button