Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Dier is Poor Guest

Dier has been at the club nearly a decade. Disgusting. There is no hope under this ownership. Stop giving them cash.

2. The Conte Guest

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what you read on the internet... sure there are a lot of sensible people about... there are also a lot of trolls

If you want to get a good idea of what the fanbase thinks then just go to the stadium... they certainly sent Nuno packing in no uncertain terms

As for thinking Levy is doing a good job? I'm not sure where you got that from but you did mention you can't paraphrase

What I said is that the signs are encouraging

Of course it could all go Pete Tong tomorrow. Paratici could be found to be corrupt like just about everyone else in Italian football... Conte could leave and we'll welcome back Nuno from Saudi Arabia... and then resign Doherty for 5 quid

There's 20 years of history to suggest this is not out of the question... which is why we absolutely must continue as we have these last 12-18 months

3. Mr Levy Guest

Terrible performance but some serious overreactions coming out. Last week pure optimism and this week, same old pessimism.

Nothing has changed in 7 days. Dier is still shite and the cause of so many mistakes, misshapes and lost goals. Tanganga and Davies are not top level CB’s in anyone’s book. Bentancur makes a huge difference for us but without him, CM needs someone who can actually pass so we have to give Sarr a run. Son needs to be dropped as has lost all confidence and ability. Porro had a mare.

On the flip side, we are still in the CL hunt, still in the CL and Porro can only get better.

Let’s see what next week brings in the league as Bournemouth did us a favour and Arsenal didn’t win again so it’s not all bad.

Need to make sure we beat AC Milan now.

voiceofreason likes this.
  4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Strange how opinions differ.Many on this site think Conte is the answer to all our prayers and others are fed up with what we are watching.My worry about Conte is that his team selections are strange to say the least.Son plays full game despite his confidence being shot.Emmerson plays rubbish most of the season and plays most games but then he had man of match against Grealish and then gets left out.Dier is the worst defender I have seen this year but is first choice.Agreed the alternatives are not something to write home about especially Tanganga and he gets picked against Leicester rather than Sanchez and Lenglet who are not great but far superior to Tanganga.If Betancour does not make it against Milan who will play in midfield Sarr and Skipp.Now is the test for Conte to show some invention and stick Peresic in a more attacking role because a wing back he is not.I suspect he will pack the team with defenders and hope for a draw.It was mentioned that Conte has more percentage points than any other spurs manager which shows how bad we have been previously and the way we are playing it won’t last long.Before all the rose coloured come on and complain about me being negative let me tell them that no one would’ve more pleased than to see us turn it all round .I am fed up with my mates rubbing in the Spursy

Last edited: February 12, 2023
  5. voiceofreason Active Member

One thing I’d say about yesterday’s game. At 1-0 I reckon Hugo has a high chance of saving that first goal. That could have changed the whole game. I’m not saying Forster, “should” have saved it but I think although all the goals went in the corners, Hugo’s shot stopping ability is world class regardless of how much people slag (“criticise” for you Preed;) ) him off and it wouldn’t have been unexpected for him to save them.

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

How could one save make us better admit it we were. Not up for it as our assistant coach said when he apologised to the fans

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see our women lost their 6th in a row today despite signing a record centre forward.CATCHING???We have good players but don’t look to have a set way of playing.I have watched quite a bit of the women on the spurs web and. Want us to compete like Chelsea arsenal and the two manchesters .Maybe a change of leadership

Last edited: February 12, 2023
  8. Dier is Poor Guest

There was no optimism after city. NONE. With a squad full of unsellable dross namely Sessegnon Dier Davies Royal Sanchez Tanganga consistency is impossible.

QUOTE="Mr Levy, post: 23062"]Terrible performance but some serious overreactions coming out. Last week pure optimism and this week, same old pessimism.

Nothing has changed in 7 days. Dier is still shite and the cause of so many mistakes, misshapes and lost goals. Tanganga and Davies are not top level CB’s in anyone’s book. Bentancur makes a huge difference for us but without him, CM needs someone who can actually pass so we have to give Sarr a run. Son needs to be dropped as has lost all confidence and ability. Porro had a mare.

On the flip side, we are still in the CL hunt, still in the CL and Porro can only get better.

Let’s see what next week brings in the league as Bournemouth did us a favour and Arsenal didn’t win again so it’s not all bad.

Need to make sure we beat AC Milan now.[/QUOTE]

9. voiceofreason Active Member

I didn’t say we were good! I said if that had been saved the game could have changed. They were chasing it and the one thing you cannot deny is that normally we are very good in the break

10. Guesty Guest

Stop buying tickets
    Stop buying merchadise

Felon82 likes this.
  11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sad news that Betancour out for rest of season along with Bissouma.Conte will now be tested to the limit .we only have Sarr and Skipp for Milan and hopefully Hojbjerg there after. We need some inventive management now maybe Kane in midfield ,I don’t know if Danjuma can play midfield or not.Gonna be testing till end of season

12. Guesty Guest

Tom Carroll is a free agent.....

;)

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could we recall Winks?????

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Any ideas what team he will pick against Milan.He said today that he has not got time to change and put Dier in midfield.Does the man know how to change systems.It looks like 2 inexperienced midfielders for this game and when Hojbjerg returns he will play with one other for rest of season.We do have kulu. Danjuma and Peresic who could be drafted into midfield3 but you know he wont try anything different because that what world class coaches do .Quote from Conte(I have not considered Dier as back up CM as I have not had time find other solutions.) What nonsense

Last edited: February 13, 2023
  15. voiceofreason Active Member

It’s pretty obvious that we will have Skipp and sar in the middle with royal and peresic outside them. With Dier quarterbacking things from the back

I don’t know why but I have a funny feeling this will be the set up and we are going to get a result

By the way City can be top next week. Arsenal being more Spursy than us is great, just watch them fall. I reckon it’s between spurs Arsenal and Liverpool for 4th place!!

16. voiceofreason Active Member

BBC puts formation down as 4231 with peresic centre of top 3. Can’t believe that is how they will play?

17. Guesty Guest

I know he didn't so it irrelevant..... but if Forster pushes that over the bar it would have been talked about for a long time.
    Unlucky

Milan are a poor team who have fallen a long way.

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Please show some nous and get Son off.Milan are poor and Harry needs some help and we do have 2 forward players on the bench

19. Mr Levy Guest

This is poor from Conte, what is the point of signing Richarlison if you are not going to use him.

What happened to our amazing set piece improvements? We don’t threaten from corners, free kicks or throw in’s in any way at all.

Sarr has been great again on a positive note though.

The ref is taking the piss with his foul/yellow card consistency

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could not agree more Mr Levy Son and. Kulu should have been off at half timeWhy spend 60/million and leave the hapless Son on every game.Must praise Sarr and Skipp who did well.Surely Sarr should now be a permanent fixture.Emmerson once again our best defender.We we’re so lucky that we are not 3 -0 down after the. Two sitters they missed.Romero really is a worry and a red card possible every game.First goal could have been stopped by an aggressive defender but it had to be the weak idiot Dier who was the defender after a weak challenge by Romero.We need to score at least 2 at home but we never ever seem to create more than 1 chance a game

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button