Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What is different about the latest statement?? Looks like Levy is one of the fore runners in the City investigation as mentioned by Pep today.What other business punishes people for spending money to make them better.Fair play is nonsense to protect tight Ar*** who won’t spend

2. The Conte Guest

Well that’s just another reason to give some small praise to Levy today

City are corrupt… I’m not interested in watching them win another 5 league titles in the next 6 years while they continually break the rules

Monopolies are not good… particularly artificial ones… which is what City is… you will find laws deterring them at every level in a free market… why should football be any different?

Maybe you’d like to see Elon Musk buy the club and spend a billion pounds on a centre back just for a laugh and then claim it as income but there are safeguards against such madness and with good reason

3. voiceofreason Active Member

So if I understood it correctly, you would be happy for a gAzillionaire to buy Norwich and turn them into the best team in the land by buying up everyone at no restriction!!

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

.Which laws are they breaking or do you mean premiership rules which is a totally different matter.Don’t get me wrong I don’t condone the Saudis owning any club because of human rights and that includes Newcastle.Why has nobody mentioned Chelsea who have spent more than city lately and it is likely Man United could follow soon if the Saudis are allowed to buy them.You won’t see them complaining then as we would not if we were bought by a foreign multi millionaire.Hypocritical???

Last edited: February 10, 2023
  5. The Conte Guest

City are on point at the moment… the same applies to anyone else who flaunts the rules

I’m not against outside investment in football… where the money comes from is another topic… but success shouldn’t be entirely predicated on which owner has the most money to burn because there is a massive discrepancy in football there these days

And no there is no hypocrisy

As someone who has followed PSG over many years… long before they were bought by the Qataris… I can tell you while there is initially some excitement in becoming filthy rich overnight the success is entirely soulless and an utter bore

I don’t want to see that happen to Spurs believe it or not

voiceofreason likes this.
  6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Tanganga really even Sanchez is better

Last edited: February 11, 2023
  7. The Conte Guest

A well deserved thrashing

Just a terrible watch… Bentancur the one exception… and he’s probably out now

How do you play so well against City and then show up a week later and be so collectively poor?

Dier is so ridiculously inconsistent it’s just a joke… there is no in between with him… he’s either top shelf or pure rubbish

Son is an awful footballer these days… a liability… terrible first touch… loses every single contested ball… never shows any composure when he finds himself in good positions

How he keeps getting picked… how he actually stayed on the field… is just beyond me

Conte needs to take a lot of the blame today… that was an utter **** performance to a man and he did nothing about it until 15 minutes remained

He also… as absurd as it sounds… should have started Royal. Porro will be the long-term starter but you don’t just drop a guy after he was the best player on the pitch in your last game… makes zero sense

8. Genevaspurs Guest

I totally agree with this. Conte is the one to blame because his team was in the same
    fitness condition. It looked like a team of 11 players who are recovering. As apathetic as Conte on the touchline. It's impressive the difference in mentality between last week against City and today's game. It's even scary!
    The decision to release Royal for Porro is a big mistake. To insist with Tanganga instead of Sanchez too. But it is above all to leave Son and Kulusevski for so long when they were only the shadow of themselves. Son has to make a stay on the bench because he is indirectly responsible for a lot of problems. He no longer has any offensive percussion, he loses too much ball when he can play more simply with a partner and he has absolutely no impact defensively. We play at 10 when he is on the field...

Conte wake up now !

9. The Conte Guest

Did you see him fall over literally trying to get out of the way on what should have been Leicester’s 4th goal? lol

He will go the way of many of Spurs academy players… show some promise… play a few games… get sold for a few quid… end up somewhere at the bottom of the table or in the Championship

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Absolute sh** show.I am increasingly getting fed up with people on this sight who seem to think we are improving and Levy is doing a good job.We we’re better last week when Conte was not involved.Dier last week played further forward where he can’t give away goals for fun.Today back to defensive duty and back to being anything but a premiership footballer.We bring in a full back who is good going forward but suspect in defence and leave out last weeks man of the match.We we’re desperate for 2 centre backs but sign a full back and midfielder on loan.How Levy can spout his rubbish and get the supporters to believe defeats me.Now is time for Conte to go and stop *telling me he is a great manager because great managers improve players not make them worse.Who ever thought that Peresic was a defender certainly not his national manager.How the hell is Son playing every game and staying on as well.injury to Bettencour is a blow before the Milan tie and I am afraid the end of the European adventure for a few years I think unless we start playing to our strengths and that is not sitting back and hoping

11. The Conte Guest

Yes spot on! Conte looked like he should have been at home in bed

No one was good… Kulu… Hojbjerg… Porro… etc… all very poor

But Son continues to offer nothing on a weekly basis and the season is getting old

Richy is better suited in the centre but it’s just ridiculous now to keep him on the bench for Son… even Danjuma has to better

Who knows what to expect with this lot on any given day but we could get seriously thrashed in Milan

12. The Conte Guest

Dier was so far forward/so far out of position on the second goal who knows what he was thinking

As for the third? he must have thought Iheanacho was Cristiano Ronaldo… he looked utterly confused… pure soap defending against a bang average centre forward

Even so this was the worst Spurs game I’ve had the misfortune to see in a long time… and not because of the result… we were just ugly to watch to a man… Bentancur aside

What that means for the season remains to be seen… we’re not the only ones struggling… but the manager was poor today without a doubt

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Funny how this sight that used to be brimming over with opinions from a wide spectrum of posters is now only used by a couple of guests and myself.Says it all about the state of the club and the lack of any real protest at being charged the highest entrance fees for the diabolical rubbish served up every other game,I do feel other top 6 sides would be making more noise than our brain washed supporters.It was said on here a few days ago that we did not want to be like City with their foreign owners but give me one season and I would not complain.because it would be nice to win and entertain occaisioallyIs there anybody who really thinks we are progressing under Conte.Paid far to much for the dross we have to watch .Maybe ok in Italy where they are used to negative defensive football but not for me.I hope and pray that Arsenal don’t win the league but you have to admire the brand of football they play which is watchable and entertaining

Last edited: February 11, 2023
  14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just realised Hojbjerg is suspended for Milan and with Betancour and Bissouma injured who plays midfield.Sarr and who else Wecan’t put 3 out normally so what chance do 2 reserves have.
    Maybe Dier will fill in

15. The Conte Guest

Typical rubbish season continues

Biggest game of the year in a few days and we’re suddenly missing our best 3 midfielders… what a joke

16. The Conte Guest

No thanks… I’m all for more investment in the squad but not interested in corrupt finances and fudged books

We have to continue as we have these last few windows… and continue to make good buys… we’re not there yet and we’ve blown way too much cash on misfit players we can’t sell… Ndombele… Lo Celso… Reguilon… to name a few

We’ve got a very good football director/manager pairing at the moment (perhaps not for long) and the board has actually been prepared to back them both (we never buy in January)… and you want to get rid of him?

Conte still has the highest league win percentage of any full time Spurs manager since the 19th century… who knows how long that will last but he hasn’t been jack as you like to make out… he’s also the bastard who took a rubbish Chelsea side and made them unbeatable to beat us to the title when we were the best side in England a few years ago

So what are you talking about? Do you actually want things to change around here? Or would you prefer we never improve so you can just keep complaining about Levy?

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Some of you said Dier needed better coaching

He's the worst defender I've ever seen play for Spurs and that includes Chiriches Fazio Gardener Doherty.

Porro looks shite probably why he came to Spurs.

This team/squad is awful

18. voiceofreason Active Member

Not sure why you are always trying to slag off the site, the other posters etc when we don’t get a positive result ? And you ask why less and less people interact

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Conte but I would love to not complain about Levy but you must be in the minority if you think he is doing a good job,.I sugest you guest on other spurs sites as I do and you will see other spurs fans are questioning your assumption that Conte is a worldie.He was once as was Mourino but how did that finish.Seriously tell me when we’re you last entertained watching us

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t understand what you are saying voice of reason.I am not as you so eloquently. Say slagging off the sight .I am just questioning the fact that there is not the interest as in the past more is the pity.I used to enjoy the banter,,Even Felon has given up hope

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button