Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

Yes...... before we waste money on more karlos kickabouts

2. The Conte Guest

Jesus… lol

3. The Conte Guest

Let’s not eff about… Porro to start tomorrow

4. The Conte Guest

Great win… historic day

Hats off to Harry… greatest goal scorer in Spurs history… we’ve been lucky to see him play

Just an all round professional display against the champions… Cheese Royale excellent today

5. Guesty Guest

unreal performance from Royal. hats off.
    great team effort.

6. voiceofreason Active Member

I guess the new arrival has made him up his game!

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly our best performance of the season.Not one bad performer but I do wish Romero did not take so many chances as he is a red card probable most games.Thought Hojbjerg was outstanding and Emmerson has surprised me with two good games in a row. The signing of Porro has woken him up.Congratulations to Harry for the record and overtaking in my opinion the best goal scorer I have seen in my lifetime.The only drawback is we have helped the Arse to win the league.City don’t know how to use Harland and he did look totally frustrated

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Not really spurs news but the City revelations mean that the league is now Arsenals to lose and maybe if they get points deducted then it will make it easier for us to get in champions league.Newcastle beware

9. voiceofreason Active Member

Enjoyed the MOTD analysis of the game and in particular Diers positioning. Not sure if that can be played against all teams but it did seem to make us more solid in the middle and we seemed to be closing down from the front better. Although, Dier being further up may contribute to some of Romero’s do or die tackles?

10. Big fran Guest

Defensively never had much of an issue with royal could he play right side centre back maybe!?

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I have never thought of Emmerson as a wing back.Interesting that you think like a few others that he can defend and maybe a centre half.I expect no body will try it but it’s the sort of thing a more imaginative manager than Conte might try.Can’t believe he is worse there than Sanchez

12. Guesty Guest

he may not be worse than Sanchez.... but positionally I think he would be a risk

13. voiceofreason Active Member

What I read , the new guy isn’t necessarily the best at defending, so maybe we use royal when we are playing the bigger firepower teams and him other times?

14. Guesty Guest

so we have bought a defender who can’t defend…..
    sounds about right

15. The Conte Guest

No in this system wingbacks aren’t generally for defence… which is why Royal will always be problematic

In this formation we have 3 centrebacks and 2 holding midfielders on the pitch… so how many defenders do you want?

Porro is great in the final third… which is exactly what we need…he’s also barely 5’9… so I don’t want to hear what a terrible defender he is when he gets beaten to a header at the far post

16. voiceofreason Active Member

Hugo out for a few months. I’m sure that will please a few people on this site. Let’s hope the defence has a god understanding with Forster or whoever replaces him.
    As a shot stopper I find this bad news but in terms of crosses and maybe playing out from the back it may be good

presume Harry will be captain, don’t think I agree, I’d prefer a midfielder, Holberg maybe

17. The Conte Guest

You don’t want Spurs all time greatest goal scorer and the England captain to lead the team?

Considering Hugo’s terrible form this season dating back to before the World Cup his injury is a positive for us and possibly for him as well

18. voiceofreason Active Member

I just don’t think he has the personality to be a captain. I want my captains to be a little bit firey and likely to get in their players face to give them **** to pull their socks up.
    I also think a captain should always come from the midfield or centre back, Kane can’t be rollicking Davies when he is stuck up the front for example.

Also on the Netflix documentary,When Harry stood in for Hugo his team talk was pretty naff!

19. The Conte Guest

Ha yes I remember that

I guess he’s one to lead by example more than words

No one has a bigger profile than him at the club that’s for sure

20. The Conte Guest

Not to absolve 20 years of mediocrity by any means but the chairman’s latest statement is encouraging

This club has moved/improved like molasses for far too many years but now… finally… the structure is in well and truly in place for us to be consistently strong

If UEFA’s FFP changes can have some effect… which is their continuing aim in the next few years ahead… then the likes of City… pumping untold non-football related wealth into the market… both distorting it and the playing field… will be neutered for good

This will also make an organically wealthy club like Spurs much stronger as well

For now the board has to continue in the direction it has recently taken… continue strengthening… and extend Conte beyond this season

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button