Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Porro now a loan why?! It appears that sporting wanted this until summer.We now have blitzed the transfer market with 2 loans.Getting back to the Poch era where signings did not happen.At least Spence is going to get playing time and Doherty won’t be playing for us.Why was Sessengon not loaned out as well.Chelsea have signed at least 6 players who individually cost more than our total outlay .The arse have also shown Levy for the tight a*** he is with the pathetic offer for Trossard.Clubs like Bournemouth Leeds Aston Villa and leicester have spent more than us.What happened to the levy promise that we would go back to the Tottenham way or did he mean the spursy way

2. The Conte Guest

It’s a loan with an obligation… probably structured that way because of City’s sell on fee

Who knows? they’ve been at it for weeks but he plays for Spurs now… or so they say lol

Apparently Doherty is on his way to Atletico… and your boy Spence is in France… I’ve seen it all now

3. voiceofreason Active Member

It’s a purchase. Just the structure- it’s a 50m player that we will have , doesn’t matter how it’s paid!
    Hopefully simeone transforms Doherty like he did trippier, although Emerson is now definitely one of 2 in that position which worries me, since spence is out on a loan as well

4. voiceofreason Active Member

You can’t loan sessignon out as well , otherwise we only have 3 total wingbacks. As it is we have bought one, loaned 2 so we are already down 1 and perisic usually needs to be rested towards the end of a game

5. The Conte Guest

Doherty is a bit old to be transformed don’t you think? And yes we’re stuck with the Royale with Cheese now

Hopefully Spence will light it up in Ligue 1… I’ll be keeping a close eye as it will tell us a lot about how good he actually is

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

This backs up my point that one signing is more than enough for Levy.No matter what way you look at it we have not got anywhere near the additions we needed.Surely Conte will walk as he is not getting backed to the standard required
    .Is the Paratici problem causing us problems?!

7. The Conte Guest

No offence but we just bought a right back for 40 million to replace a right back we paid 25 million for to replace a right back we paid 15 million for

And I haven’t included the right back we paid 20 million for in that equation

Sounds like progress to me

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If that’s progress why did we waste60 million before finding the right man.Apart fromyou Conte is there anybody else think this has been a good window.If you think buying one full back is progress then that explains how Levy fools the fans.we have lost two full backs although not very good ones so we have reduced our squad

9. The Conte Guest

Did I say it was a good window? It’s certainly better than nothing which has almost always been the case in the past

Progress is always incremental around here… we’ve finally found a good right back in a roundabout way… that’s to be commended

I’m not sure who thinks they’re fooling who… our shortcomings are obvious for all to see

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That is my whole point if you think 1full back is better than nothing then that sums up the spurs mentality.We needed at least 5 players minimum and are we really interested in going further in Europe and the fa cup or not.we steal one loan from Everton which I doubt would have happened if Everton had not started it and we take over a month to get a full back.We should have been trying to sign players 4 weeks ago.Please don’t tell me spurs fan that I am alone in finding. This not good enough

11. The Conte Guest

Come on be realistic… bringing in 5 players mid season is not a good idea… Chelsea are being flat out stupid presently

Bringing in one or two though can have a great effect… like last year

We’ve really struggled at right back so for us to fork out a sizeable amount on a good player there is very positive… and a rarity around here

The other players we’d all like to change… like Lloris and Son… aren’t easily moved right now… just have to hope they return to some semblance of form for our sake

As for signing anyone else? well they better be bloody good… we only have so much money… would you rather we buy 2 decent but not really any better than what we already have centre backs at 20 mill each or one top one like Romero for 40 or 50?

If the second option sounds better… which it is… then maybe there aren’t any available right now? maybe we have to wait until the summer to sign Bastoni?

We’ve still got a good enough side to do something pretty decent this season if we have a good run with injuries

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why do I hear we only have so much money when our owner is a billionaire.I know we have the stadium but please don’t keep up this constant poor man chat because it’s not true

13. The Conte Guest

He doesn’t put any of his own money into the club… that has been the case for a very long time

So on revenue alone… no we’re not filthy rich

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We’re so rich we can afford to give Doherty a free.15 million down the drain

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The fact that Lewis does not put any of his own money in the club why the hell does he not sell to someone who will appreciate the club.Sugar has a lot to answer for

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We had to let Doherty go free because we have 9 players on loan including Winks .Surely he should have been the one to have his contract cancelled.We have Porro on loan with the option to buy for 39 million in the summer.Sporting paid 7 million last year from city not a bad profit.City had the option to buy back for I think 22 million .Hopefully this no longer exists as we now have first choice.

17. The Conte Guest

We are obliged to buy… the player is ours… the sale will go through in a few months

Amazing how many players we have on loan and can’t sell… a lot of bad investment tied up there

18. Guesty Guest

I'll hold off saying it's a good signing until I've seen Porro play.
    And (a proper game for) Danjuma.

I'd have liked to see Conor Gallagher and Ward-Prowse
    maybe even KWP back.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Wish Conte the best with his operation today.Don’t know how long he will be away but does that put Mason in charge as he is an assistant.Hopefully it does not or we might see Winks back

20. Big fran Guest

You want to players from 2nd Bottom Southampton and a lad who can't get a game at 10th place Chelsea

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button