Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well that's just what the doctor ordered thumping the Goons while they fold under the pressure.
    The atmosphere in the stadium was electric best I've heard there.
    Not fussed about Top4 main thing was giving them bums a lesson n dishing out some retribution.
    If we sneak top 4 great if we don't then so be it amazing we're even in the conversation how we've performed this season.

2. voiceofreason Active Member

Ugly opposition, ugly win!
    I’ll take it

Away the lads!!

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That was tortuous to watch.The one area that we have not improved over the last 4 managers is how to play against packed defences.Burnley unlucky to lose.

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Terrible game, got the 3 points job done.

5. voiceofreason Active Member

I do agree but we did have 3 or 4 very good chances, another day and a weaker goalie and we could have had 3
    By the way does HK have any fear when taking penalties, ice in his veins!

6. THFC Guest

Considering they played with 10 men behind the ball at all times with no real intention to counter, that was a hard earned 3 points.

Let’s hope Newcastle beat Arsenal and Leicester beat Chelsea as that makes it really interesting on the final day

7. THFC Guest

Arsenal are full of s**t, sob story wan**rs…crying all week about their defensive crisis then low and behold, they start full strength. Same as their Covid issues earlier this season and complaints about fixtures. I literally can’t stand them

8. voiceofreason Active Member

0-0 so far. Come on the geordies!!!

9. THFC Guest

Toon Army….get in there!!!

10. Genevaspurs Guest

Thank you very much Newcastle !!!

11. voiceofreason Active Member

Now it’s Leicester and Watford’s turn and we can get 3rd :)

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Surely even we can’t blow it now.I remember NewcAstle being relegated and thumping us 7-1 when we finished Third

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Up the Toon, have that u scummy cvnts

14. THFC Guest

As has been proved this season on multiple occasions, there is no easy game in this league. Southampton, Brighton and Burnley gave us their best performances of their season and Arsenal found the same with Newcastle.

Hopefully we approach the game against Norwich as we did against Man City and Liverpool away because they are just as capable of springing a surprise, season best performance as any other team in the league.

This match is crucial for so many reasons from attracting the type of players we want to playing in Europe on Wednesdays (and tbe revenue that brings).

We need to get behind them at the weekend and hope they manage to get the result we need.

Who would have thought we would be in this position at the tale end of last year.

15. Guesty Guest

couldn’t have gone more to plan!
    especially not putting on White against us….and then him scoring an og

all makes for an exciting Sunday…..
    we have to keep our heads…..players and supporters! ….we are better than Norwich so let’s keep the ball and out pass them

Sly Sports will be hoping the rest of the games this week keep the title and relegation going until Sunday.

come on Palace (and Burnley).
    I have nothing against Everton….but I’d like to see Fat Frank relegated

16. THFC Guest

If Carling did last days….Spurs Win, Chelsea lose their final 2 and Everton beat Arsenal but Fat Frank is fired straight after the game

17. voiceofreason Active Member

hopefully the big difference with this game is that we don’t have to win, just not lose. So we can play intelligently and not try any rash moves that leave us open

18. Guesty Guest

anyone watch the Europa final last night!?

If there was ever an advert for a competition to avoid.......
    I'd take the FA Cup over that every day.

Rangers...... once suggested that they should play in the PL.....
    feck me..... Gazza could still get into that team now!!
    the whole team is a bunch of third rate footballers. They wouldn't finish top6 in the Championship

19. THFC Guest

Hats off Levy and Paratici for getting Conte and signing Bentancur and Kulu and clearing out some of the players that needed to go.

Thank you Conte for getting the very best out of our squad and transforming our mindset.

Massive well done to our squad for getting performances and results when we needed them and driving us into 4th place and the CL next season when it looked almost impossible earlier in the season.

COYS

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Champions league baby!. Thank god the rest of the league was sh^t, the manager can’t get anything out of this shower, we are a one man teametc etc

“To rehash an old line “Felon, Preed, Pessimists, your negativity took a hell of a beating! :)

COYS. Let’s hope this means Conte and Kane stay and Levy puts his hand in his pocket!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button