Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Always hilarious when the village idiot starts questioning other people’s intelligence

You’ve already died a thousand deaths here so one more isn’t going to hurt you

2. Let’s wait til he signs… it would be typical Spurs if he changed his mind again

3. THFC Guest

No one is saying that he could make Dier any good, that task is impossible but if he can get Harry Kane to stay up front and maybe utilise Rodon in place of Dier it will be a winning start

4. THFC Guest

I think it’s pretty clear who is a better manager out of Nuno and Conte

5. THFC Guest

Conte sticks it to MU…if that’s the case he wont quit when the MU job becomes available as that would be sticking it to them?

6. THFC Guest

I think what is being said is that if Conte does come, he will elevate the performances of wha lt we have into a more coherent side that can actually get a sh0t on target.

He clearly will want signings and hopefully his experience and stature will allow that to happen.

Given that he utilises a very specific system, that may also mean that any players who don’t fit his requirements are moved on as part of that which will see the likes of Ndombele and Davies moved on.

We cannot possibly swap every player but luckily with the right man in charge we won’t need to as we do have several very decent players already

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Again a lot of words with very little substance.
    According to you it's all been the managers fault, so without any signings now you must believe Conte will have us up and challenging this season ?

Else all your waffle has been exactly what I've always called it BS

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So the bar for success now is a shot on target?

You do realise that Ndombele is on 200k a week and signed up till 2025, all of the 1st team squad have a min of 3 years on their contracts they don't have to go anywhere and Levy won't take a hit on his own valuations.

Conte is initially being given an 18 month contract so hel have to work absolute miracles to sort this Kevin & Perry squad out.

But it's all on the coach nothing to do with the level of dross they're working with so should be pretty easy right?

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It really is but it doesn't stop u champ ......

10. Not to seem glib but I’m rarely wrong… and for a very simple reason… I don’t have an opinion about things I know nothing about

Give it a try and you won’t find yourself being corrected all the time

I’ve always given plenty of facts and stats here to back up what I say… I’m more interested in the truth than being proven right… you? the only numbers you ever give are wrong… why on earth is that?

Of course I didn’t fact check your Lampard biography today… why would I do that on this glorious day?

I’ll tell you what I think Conte can do should he sign tomorrow… we went through all of this in the off-season so I’ll believe it when it’s done

11. THFC Guest

I think that realistic milestones are a good start. Firstly we need to put players into positions that they can be most effective. We then need to start taking more shots with more shots on target and subsequently more goals. A good manager will at least have the players we do have doing that…I’m not saying without signings we will not leak and will start winning every game but at least more positive and entertaining games would be a start.

I also think we should be far happier trusting someone like Conte with Paratici than say Nuno which will hopefully mean easier integration for the inbound players when they have a very clear understanding of what they are signing up for in terms of system and expectations from the manager.

I do realise what Ndombele is earning but remember he was a great player overseas before we got him. The best we can hope for due to COVID is a swap for a player that is a similar age who can actually run and has some levels of quality. The fee doesn’t really matter as long as the swap is effective.

I have been saying this for a while and I don’t think we will ever really agree on it but I believe we do have enough decent players to make a starting 11 to be in or around the top 4 while playing decent football. Yes we need some improvements but a coach could have us plying and performing a lot better IMO

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

This is priceless, in your world maybe.
    Then there's yours and the real world 2 polar opposite universe's.

13. Spurporter Well-Known Member

To whom? Did Conte promote any club? Did he play with limited budget? Different mangers are good for different purposes. Spurs needed a rebuild. Nuno is good for rebuild. For the long Levy guided rebuild with 1-3 players per window, Nuno is a better manager then Conte. Hands down better.

The firing of Nuno has nothing to do with MU loss or whatever fans were chanting. The revolution, IMO has to do with still alive Super League. If Spurs are in rebuild and not respected any longer, RM may drop Spurs from the SL. Hence the need for quick success. At any cost. Levy figured that handling the wallet to Paratici is the lesser evil compared to being disrespected in the business.

Last edited: November 1, 2021
  14. Love it when an English cobber doesn’t even understand the basics of his own language… bang on

15. Speaking of alternate realities… my God… post of the season Spurporter… you’re always good for a laugh

16. Spurporter Well-Known Member

He-he... When MUFC comes crawling to you? I don't think so. Remember Mourinho quitting on Chelsea.

17. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Go ahead, frame it. Later you can tell you knew it all alone.

18. THFC Guest

JM was sacked by Chelsea?

19. Oh everyone knows Spurporter… only you and Nuno’s wife think he’s a better manager than Conte… carry on

20. THFC Guest

Huh? Juventus….rebuild and multiple titles, Chelsea….rebuild and title, Inter Milan…rebuild and title

Nuno…Chamionship promotion, 7th, 7th and 13th….defo the best man for a rebuild

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button