Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If it’s Conte I think we will now see the answer to whether the squad is rubbish as I and others think or are there footballers in there .If Conte sticks to his normal methods some of the lazy ***** will be shaking in their boots because they are going to have to work and if they don’t he won’t have any problem getting rid.Let’s see how Kane reacts

2. Can we frame this?

Just so everyone knows the next time Spurporter talks utter gibberish… like… I don’t know… that defensive midfield is the most sophisticated position on a football pitch? we can then all just point to this?

Sorry Spurporter… you do seem like a very nice fellow… but you shouldn’t be talking such nonsense

3. THFC Guest

If it’s Conte or Potter, it can only improve on the last couple of years

4. Always a gentleman THFC… and a monument of patience… much credit to you… you’re a better man than me

But my God do you love you some Potter… lol

5. THFC Guest

I’m keeping Potter in the mix just incase Conte doesn’t happen haha

6. THFC Guest

Conte has already said the following which indicates in the very least a positive change from the last 2 managers:

"Many praise Harry Kane for his ability to go get the ball and play with the team, such as with the equaliser against Denmark," said Conte during his work as a pundit during Euro 2020.

"Of course, he’s good at that too, but it’s in the box where he’s clinical and as a coach, I would always keep him in there because he’s devastating."

If we put our players that are capable into areas they can be effective, our performances and results will benefit

7. If Conte signs as reported then this weekend’s defeat will be very sweet indeed

United will still be stuck with an absolute dud and we’ll have secured the best manager left on the market… apologies Zidane… you’re obviously good… but Madrid we’re fully loaded

This is the Spurs board we’re talking about though… always a lot of nonsense about them

Mason to be appointed interim tomorrow then?

8. THFC Guest

It’s popping up on several reliable sites that Conte will be announced in a few hours and he will be in charge off our next game.

If that is true, it’s the best 3-0 defat we have ever had

9. Best we wait for it

This is Spurs we’re talking about after all

Either way no one can possibly do worse than the fellow who’s inexplicably been in charge

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Lampard qualified top 4 in his 1 full season, he finished 3rd.
    Then had £200m to spend on a side that finished 3rd.
    Absolute nightmare to come into......

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We will never agree about Lampard.For those who really care about the club watch the interview with Raymond Vega on sky where he hits the nail on the head.He has said that Nuno did not have a chance because he thinks that there is a split dressing room not helped by Kane,He says that the attitude of some players shows a total disrespect to the club and to their fellow players.and Kane is becoming an average player because of it..He states that the club is more interested in the business and ignores the football side and as an amusing aside he said that the supporters would prefer good players as apposed to gold taps in the training complex

Felon82 likes this.
  12. Why on earth are you banging on about Chelsea at this point in time?

Tuchel has clearly elevated them… they won the effing Champions League last year when they had no right to… and have won 8 out of 10 this term

I admire your tenacity… your willingness to go down with your foolish ideas… but that’s about it

13. Raymond Vega? no offence but who gives a…

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It’s an honest opinion by an ex player Jose so I assume he knows more than you about the workings of a dressing room and probably as an ex player has contacts you don’t.

15. With all due respect Ramon was a bit part backup player… I’d give as much weight to his opinions about the inner workings of present Spurs as I would to Jamie O’Hara’s

Nuno was junk… a lower league manager utterly out of his depth

If Conte signs you’ll soon see what a top manager can do for a club

16. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Sure. You won that. But it isn't over. Next will be Levy/ENIC out. THAT is not as easy.

Conte sicks it to MU, not that he really wants to help us. Once MU job become available, he may simply quit on Spurs and we will have Mason in charge, as if nothing better we deserve.

17. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Why is that he gets only 18 month deal? What is "soon"?

18. Spurporter Well-Known Member

I don't think you have any knowlege about who is a better manager other then looking at his history. You would have never liked Poch when he came. You might not like hims still. For same reason.

19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Mr Reed brought them up.

By your reckoning Conte comes in and completely transforms this side without needing to make any signings.

You die on that hill you pretentious idiot

Spurporter likes this.
  20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to the dumb on here it's all about a manager not the quality he has at his disposal.
    Looking forward to Bergwijn challenging Salah for the golden Boot n Eric Dier suddenly channelling his inner Virgil Van Dyke......

In 18 months we'll of done the quadruple

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button