Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The manager picks the team and would you Felon have picked the same eleven and not had experience back up on the bench.If we stuff the spam then great if we do not then he must look at his selections..We have a rank squad but you don’t have to pick eleven of them in one team.Even The great Mourino got it wrong 6-1 for Roma

2. Genevaspurs Guest

I agree with a lot of your comments but I think that we have to judge a new manager after 10 league matches only and after the last Conference league group match. He inherited a messy group with players not or not very motivated for some and new players who had to adapt to the English game and his ideas. I'm not a fan of the game our Spurs have produced so far, but Rome didn't happen overnight. Let's still give him the benefit of the doubt for 4-5 weeks before judging ...!

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry can’t do that this man has managed before and Wolves fans were pleased to be rid.I saw nothing on the touch line to change my opinion he stands chewing and shows absolutely no emotion and he makes substitutions when it is far too late.It was obvious that we were playing at walking pace with no forward runs and yet he does nothing.Reguilon was a disaster once again easy clearance messed up and from the corner Kane goes to sleep and we are one down.To be honest it was a poor game and there was no way we were going to score and I can’t see it changing .Moura once again runs into every defender he can and never releases the right ball.West ham we’re not really better than us they just had more desire.Surely part of coaching is to get your players closing down and playing at speed.As bad as our squad is the west ham squad is no better just more motivated by a manager they believe in.when did Kane last bully anyone like Antonio does.I almost miss Mourino.Just seen Nunos after match comments where he said we controlled the game .I am afraid the man is a fool.Maybe we should have played some of them on Thursday like WestHam did and then they might have woken up

Last edited: October 24, 2021
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Was that not our best team today?

5. Guest Guest

Nuno can't convince himself he is the right man for the job, let alone the players and fans. I find his interviews completely unintelligible.

6. Guesty Guest

Nuno doesn't seem the same enthusiastic manager now as he was at Wolves
    he looks drained

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It was our best team today felon but I don’t know what that has got to do with last Thursday and would you have picked the same team in Europe which was the questionStill we are getting 3 points next week against Man U or are we letting them find confidence again .I know where my money is.You win games with goals and as we usually only have one shot on target in a game I can’t see us scoring.We have a poor squad but Kane is captain of his country and yet has scored the lowest marks awarded. by the press to Tottenham players for 5 games in a row.He looks totally disinterested and surely his England. Place must be in danger.

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

As per my original post the squad isn't fit for purpose 1st or 2nd string.
    Keep blaming managers , change them same players same dross in fact we've gotten worse due to such poor transfer activity.
    People can cling to some sort of dream a new manager will sort it all out but it won't.
    Players need to go

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I agree felon that the squad is not fit for purpose but do you really think Nuno would win anything even if he had the city squad.Totally uninspiring his comments today about dominating the game and we were the best team shows he does not have a clue.I love seeing Klopp guardiola And the Chelsea man interviewed because of the passion they show where as Nuno just drones nonsenseLEVY has sold us down the river again after his promise to make us proud not a laughing stock

10. Spurporter Well-Known Member

You do not remember time when Pep or Klopp just got the job. Same unintelligible answers. That is how managers handle fans, the people who have no idea about football, never played the game and just are being a demanding brats. Give Nuno a break, the man just started. Do you REALLY expected to go to London Stadium and win? To dominate? If you do, youre still in 2018, when Hammers were a bottom-feeders and we had Poch at the helm.
    WHU have stolen the win. Spurs were a better team, I agree with Nuno. He is being sincere, which he probably should not. No one can afford any sincerity with such a crowd that believes the purpose of the club is to please them.
    Look, Spurs will lose games. I would rather take a loss like this, as opposed to Arsenal one.

Last edited: October 25, 2021
  11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's a squad half of which let Poch down, 3 quarters let Mourinho down, all are letting Nuno down.
    Tell me who the manager is that's so good he's gonna show us all the other 3 we're clueless?
    Are people still banging the Graham Potter drum ? The wel have a go n lose 1-3 to City ideology.
    People want champagne football with a lemonade squad n budget.
    Need to get real, the players need sorting out

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I have never heard klopp or pep spout the. Nonsense that Nuno does.There are fans who know their football believe it or not Spurporter .Apparantly we have dominated our last 2 games and lost them both and produced 3 shots on target..look at the stats for running and shots in open play and we are bottom 2- in both . Really dominating

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Answer a question Felon would Nuno win anything with the city squad

14. Guest Guest

You got to be kidding me if you believe with Nuno that Spurs were the better team. Being unintelligible is a tactic for handling fans? I think you and Nuno strike a chord! Ha Ha. How lovely and refreshing!

15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Most likely, not 1 manager post Mark Hughes hasn't won anything at City.
    Coz they have mostly the best players.

Answer this would Pep win anything with our squad?

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

No he probably would not but I can tell you the football would be worth watching not the dross we are being served up at the moment.I have not forgot the comment the day Nuno took the reins WE WILL MAKE YOU PROUD.Are you???Our squad is not very good but at least equal in ability to at least13 other squads.Can you name more than 6 or maybe Seven squads better than ours.We should at least. Compete with other 13 but we don’t because we have no passion and a manager whose biggest thrill is stroking his beard.As poor as our squad is we should beat teams like Palace not lose 3-1.Who else would let Kane keep his place after the sub standard performances he is producing.Klopp would have sorted him out weeks ago

Last edited: October 25, 2021
  17. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Sure. As soon as results improve, so will be the quality of the interviews. That is called manager's experience. Nuno is quite experienced manager.

18. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Try harder. You may then recall Pep stroking his nose every second word he was saying or Klopp finding silly excuses for losses.
    Nuno was handled a group no good coach in Europe wanted. If Spurs were at least servicable, there would be a shorter period to find them a manager. Son and Kane and no one else. Stale and rotten the rest. Those who could still be useful were sold out.
    We bought a few promising kids. They cannot be ready out of the box. It will take time. Not a few months - a few years.

19. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Poor squad cannot beat anyone RELIABLY. We could not beat WHU, they are better than us being ahead of us in thier rebuild. The draw would have been a desirable result. Yet we were on par or better most of the game, they had no real chances. Spurs were much more dangerous, although WHU were behind the ball all the time. Kane let them score.

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

You are a confused man Spurporter you say West Ham are better than us but we supposedly dominated them and were more dangerous.Maybe you you think being bottom of the stats for shots on goal in OpenPlay is a badge of honour.we are also in bottom 2 of the running stats so maybe you like walking football which I thought was for old age pensioners.You never saw a pep or Klopp team walk through games

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button