Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. voiceofreason Active Member

This aged well!
    Good performance I thought , obviously against a weaker team. It could have gone bad after the quick goal but they did well. Tanguay was very good always looking for the ball and I thought Skipp was quietly solid.
    Should have got more goals but a win is good
    Best wishes to the fan who was ill.

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Strange website just lately.Hardly any views being given unless it’s after a defeat.Other sites are active with comments every day.I know that we can’t judge anything on beating such a poor team as Newcastle and I still don’t thinkNuno has a game plan and his substitutions or lack of are confusing.Let’s hope he does not revert to making 10 changes mid week or we could come unstuck against Vitesse who are not a walkover

3. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Vitesse used to be the breeding ground for CFC, since in has been own by Abramovich's friends. I am not sure if it still is.

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Oh as usual you come out of hiding when things perk up........

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Our record signing completes 90mins....

We beat 10 men Newcastle 2-3.....

Newcastle that haven't won a game all season.....

Literally the only thing to come from this was 3 points.
    Let's see how they look v West Ham & Utd, not scraping past relegation fodder.

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Interested to hear views about team for Vitesse.We have left quite a few first team including Kane and Son behind and we all know what happens when he plays the stiffs.He says he is preparing for West Ham but they have a tough European game tonight as well.when did footballers paid a kings ransom not be able to play 2 games a week.I for one want us to try and win every game and not taking Vitesse seriouisly is a big mistake.This manager has not yet been on the same wave length as the fansAt least take your big boys for the bench for emergency

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Further to my post about team for Vitesse I really do wish we had a manager who tells it as it is and does not waffle.Just seen his interview about leaving all the starters against Newcastle at home and he talks in riddles which did not answer the question asked by the interviewer.I know he wants to rest the players before West Ham and Burnley next week in the cup so why not say so up front.I suspect he thinks we can qualify if we lose tonight and don’t be surprised if he makes changes against Burnley.I really don’t have any faith in the man which may be unfair but I suspect he does not know his best team and muddles through .If he does this in our next two league games against West Ham and Man united then we are in trouble.I suspect I am being unfair but I can’t get to love the man.At least Jose made you have an opinion as did Poch even if you did not agree with them whereas Nuno just bore me

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Please get this idiot out of our club.Where do I start eleven changes but no experience on the bench .Is there another manager in the premiership who would not have cover on the bench .Not taking any experience with us means he thought that the backup rabble were good enough to win.Any Spurs fan could have told him that they were not .I hate to say it but as bad as the players are there is no pattern whatsoever .Winks Ali Decelso bergwin were appalling and should not play for us again but you know they will.Unfortunately Nuno is going to ruin a young player by playing him when he is nowhere near ready.Scarlett should be loaned out until he grows stronger.Just seen Nunos after match interview and he talks the biggest load of bull**** justifying his selection saying players need minutes on pitch and we will qualify because we have two home games to come.What a way to run a club.Can anyone see Koop talking rubbish like that.Please go nowIF I WAS A SUPPORTER WHO TRAVELLED I WOULD WANT THE CLUB TO REFUND ME.By the way Jose lost 6-1

9. voiceofreason Active Member

Didn’t see the game, not really interested to be honest. I’d probably prefer us to continue in it just to be able to give players a run out. It’s a waste of time competition and we should be concentrating on the league instead.
    Mourinho seems to have made the same decision, playing a second string team and had an even worse result.
    I disagree that he doesn’t know his best team, I think he does and that is why the 11 from the weekend stayed at home, whether you agree that is the best team is another matter. I’m old fashioned but I like managers to keep more or less the same 11 for each, relevant, game.
    One thing I would add, if we had played Son or Kane and they had got an injury in this fixture, then that would have been much worse.
    Agree players who did play have not covered themselves in glory

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to improve this talented group.

Getting back to our DNA.

Same bunch of mismatch players stealing a living at the club.

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe this web site is so quiet where are the the old faithfuls.No comments or just given up???

12. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Well, look at Mourinho and his Roma. He did exactly same thing: have inexperienced Roma B team sent to Norway to play the former country champions. They were trashed 6-1. How about Roma traveling supporters?
    More and more I think that Nuno is an extension of Mou. So, I think it was a so called a "pragmatic" move of Nuno part: Go to Holland try to get us a draw. That is why there were no one able to attack, link the play, create chances. They played for a draw. If we beat Hammers Sunday Nuno will be forgiven; if not, he will not be.

Last edited: October 22, 2021
  13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We play West Ham next and they had a European game last night and they made 4 changes but had experienced first teamers on bench..Normal management not suicide as per Nuno .We should win easily with all our players rested .Dream on

14. Guesty Guest

given up

Preed and Felon82 like this.
  15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Wondered where Jose’s ghost had gone

16. Spurporter Well-Known Member

They were in London. It is entirely different now after supporters let into stadiums. Hammers have two out of 3 remaining group fixtures away, whilst Spurs play only one at Mura. We didn’t need to win in Holland to get through the group. Neither do we need to win the group. The game at Vitesse was a training match, as Nuno explained. It could be done to show Levy what kind of B team we have. Vitesse is not a minnow and UECL is just an expansion of UEL. THFC is going through rebuild, so you cannot compare us with West Ham, which is stable and consistent after years of embarrassment. We need to go through the same embarrassment period, hoping it will be short. Yet, we just started, it was long overdue. As long as Goons doing the same, I am okay with what I see.

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What difference does playing at home make to not taking some experience it was only across the Chanel not very tiring.Finishing first in group guarantees next round finishing second does not as second will have to play a team From third finishers in Europa in a play off adding more unwanted games.If Nuno said this was a training game which I don’t believe he did then he should go now.How do you start a rebuild by playing such a weak team and ruining
    Confidence.I don’t believe that Nuno is clever enough to play a weak team to try and embarrass Levy and he certainly is not brave enough

18. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Whose confidence? Team A was not affected. Your confidence? Who cares, it has long gone, has it not?

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I never had confidence in Nuno.But he has definitely split the club with his first eleven and the rest I do care about our great club and have done for 60 years so don’t insult my intelligence

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Nuno is at a damned if u do damned if u don't position, if he plays a stronger side there's chance of injury and fatigue which will effect performance in the league, so he plays the fringe players who stroll about sulking with very little effort or care.
    Both scenarios will have fans jumping on his back, but until the Elephant in the room is addressed that the squad isn't fit for purpose this performance/s will keep on happening.

This squad is absolutely woeful, how many times must you see the same woeful players churn out the same woeful performances before you see the light and stop blaming the managers?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button