Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Interesting

Solskjaer doesn’t strike me as a great manager but he has done well enough. He did not have much experience at all

What he did have is Premier League cred... much like Parker who strikes me as a better leader of men

Rodgers would make the most sense and I still think that is the direction Spurs go despite all the denials

Short of that none of the other names (Allegri excepted) inspire too much confidence

2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Morning All,

It’s been a horror show of a season, I’ve hardly raised a cheer having been so dumbfounded by what I’ve seen. The JM Project, the poor use of Bale, the creation of a side that drives away our star striker, a stand-in coach who picked his buddies, probably gave me the least enjoyable of the last 20 years, bar none.

It just remains to wish you all as Covid a free future as possible for you and your families from here on out. We will doubtless have some interesting stuff to chew over in the summer, when it decides to arrive.

COYS

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sky today is intimating that spurs are talking to Martinez as the next Manager.Please god no.His club management is littered with failure and he struck lucky getting the Belgium job when they have the their most talented group of players ever.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

At last Southgate has seen the light and discarded Dier.Maybe it will stop him going on about unfair criticism from the fans and perhaps take Long look at himself and admit his performances have been way below par

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mr Foyt loaned out gets winners medal in Europa.Looked far better at right back than our incumberts

6. THFC Guest

Anyone still think that most of the United team are any better than what we have?

I still think 3 maybe 4 players would improve us but that is it…

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I still do .Tonight was a poor performance and a tactical masterclass from Emery.The sort of performance that Mourino used to be able to bring out.This was the final of a competition that we went out of in glorious style to some farmers much earlier.Don’t try to justify everything on one game.By the way I am chuffed that united lost as I really don’t like them

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know it’s close season but why is the grapevine not buzzing with the latest rumours that Spurs are talking to Pochetino about returning.This may be an agent stirring but there is enough in it to trigger a full discussion on talk sport today.Surely this would be Levy’s biggest Balls up and shows his desperation.Has he forgotten that he sacked him for being 14th in the league.Is he going to back him in the transfer market and change the habits of a life time.Where are you Felon

9. THFC Guest

I really hope we get him back as long as he is given money to spend…he called out the declining squad a couple of years ago which seems to have been part of the cause of the decline.

If we get him back and some funds it should make watching spurs a joy again

10. THFC Guest

Not basing anything on one game….they have looked shite all season. They are the worst side to finish second that I can remember and that final was a perfect example of them. If the league was in any way, shape or form normal this year, they would have been battling with us and Arsenal for 7th

Trevor Impett likes this.
  11. THFC Guest

Not Spurs related but Brentford were brilliant.

On the other hand, £50m for a Brighton CB so you can lose your first game against Brentford who are playing their first game in the PL

Thomas Frank looks like he is gonna be a star…seems like a massive personality and fans and players seem to love him

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thought white was dominated by Toney quite pleased we did not go for him.Almost as good as Spurs winning

13. THFC Guest

Agreed, Romero could prove to be a bargain

14. Guesty Guest

I can only assume that Nuno's coaching staff have somehow made footballers out of Sanchez & Dier......

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We will have to wait and see but Dier and Sanchez in team Winks and Sissoko on bench no Rodon and no Ndombele in squad and De celso on bench.Looks like no change from the disaster teams picked by Mourino.At least we have 2 new boys on bench and city seem to have picked one of their weaker teams.If we pull this off then then maybe Nuno is our saviour

16. Guesty Guest

not going to comment on the new additions.......
    ...... but our bench is shocking

17. voiceofreason Active Member

Hmmm.. tumbleweed!

this place would be full of comments already saying how poor we are, how we are only a one man team, if we had lost etc etc
    COYS. Great result

18. Guesty Guest

Great result indeed. Doesn't matter what team plays.... beating City is always a tough ask.

I still don't agree with Dier and Sanchez being anywhere near the team...... but to beat City is a great result....and they were in it.

good to see Skippy in the team

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Where do I start .Having been critical of many of today’s starting eleven I hold my hands up and salute them today for a performance that showed more fight than anything over the last 2 years,Has Nuno taught Dier and Sanchez how to defend and Ali to give 90 minutes of real football effort.But the biggest plus was Tanganga who was immense today.Think Skipp needs more premiership football to get up to speed but the effort is thereFinally Moura produced a performance that his talent should more often and nobody could have been more frustrated with him than me . Sonny just Sonny say no more.Bergwin still works his socks off but his finishing is still dire.Still no more minor critique because that is as good a feeling since we stuffed the gooners.Onwards and upwards

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe the regulars don’t have an opinion or are they disappointed that Nuno got a performance out of the same players that Mourino could not

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button