Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately JG the nature of my work has me working altering shifts so I don't always get to see the whole game and it would be unfair of me to comment on something I haven't seen properly.
    Also if there's not a lot gone on like just about beating a no hoper Saints/Wolves there's not really alot to say especially when no corners are turned and we know a stinker such as Leeds or villa will follow.
    Anything else is just hot air.

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see Kane has been reported in the Times as saying that he will decide his future not Levy.He should have thought of that before signing a six year contract.Like most spurs fans I think he deserves to play for a team that can win things but do it the right way.The leak this week was obviously planned and people like Berbatov telling him to put in a transfer request does not help.This could turn nasty and be another Sol Campbell if not careful and that would be a shame after all he has done for the club.But don’t hide behind he’s one of our own as though he has played for us for free he is the highest paid player at the club.I don’t begrudge him a move but don’t try and blackmail the club

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

In fairness to Harry I don't think he envisaged we'd be mid table 2 years after signing his bumper deal.
    He wouldn't even entertain leaving if we were ran like a big club that backs the team before anything else.
    But agree that if you've signed a 6yr deal then you have a responsibility to honour it unless all parties concerned can come to an agreement.

4. Guesty Guest

who knows what he was told in order to sign a contract.
    If the club hasn't followed through on the agreement for that contractual signing.... he is within his rights to challenge that and look elsewhere.
    business in business in that respect.
    DL cannot be trusted.

I do not begrudge him a move to club that might actually win something.
    I think he is giving DL a chance to move early and make some signings.....to keep him.
    as above....... DL cannot be trusted

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Is the fact that Nuno Espirito will leave wolves at end of season got people thinking

6. Jesper Active Member

I miss Super-Jan, no holds barred defending and leadership

[​IMG]

Anyway, people might remember the situation when England has Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard all being at the top of their game?
    Great players but when putting the three or even two of them together there was no synergy and they actually never performed really well together. Maybe it was all due to the manager, maybe it never had a chance of working well.
    Spurs might have a similar situation. Some players are good but if they are played together then they won't play well.

For the Leicester match then I hope Son isn't being played out wide, for the rest then I am not too bothered. Possibly a 352 formation with Doherty playing.

7. Poor team winks dele Sanchez doc no le celso or ndoublele on bench what the hell is mason all about dele doesn’t try in training but in mason eyes he does or is dele giving mason one in shower for a game my money one in shower 3-0 Leicester no European football kane son toby le celso morua will leave at end of season n I can’t blame them dele winks bale Sanchez auier doc will stay n mason job full time is what’s happening this summer

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Must totally agree Scottish Yiddo.I said that I would give Mason a chance but today’s team is the work of a total fool or a Levy Yes man.Winks again who is the worst midfielder in the premiership plus Sanchez Ali and Doherty .Does this total w***** not watch the games or is he totally bereft of football intelligence.No Decelso or Ndombele on the bench and even Dier is better at right back than Doherty poor as he is. Would it be nice if the supporters could put questions to Mason and ask him for justification for the unbelievable things he has done while in charge.This is the man responsible for player development .God help us in the future if this is a look at what is to come.If we keep the score down to 3 we will probably be lucky.I cannot hide my anger at this stupid individual or the tossed who gave him the job

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Despite the win I am not going to take back what I said about Mason.2 penalty’s and Sanchez involved in both .It took the subs Bale and Moura to turn the tide and I still see nothing in Winks.But let’s finish the season with on good vibe we finished above arsenal

10. Jesper Active Member

Seeing that line-up and then winning was a surprise :)

Doherty a lot better than expected.
    Son out wide is a waste. When he defends then it almost looks like he puts himself in the middle of a passing triangle on purpose. If he's to play there then might as well sell him to a club where they know where he excels on the pitch.
    I prefer Moura over Alli.

Most of the record-signings were not playing.... Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lamela and Aurier. Not quite sure what to make of that.

11. Jose's Ghost Guest

Anyone who watched that game today and still thinks Leicester have a better collection of players than Spurs really needs to be drug tested

Rodgers too would be an absolute fool if he reckons his prospects are better there... he best think long and hard about that

Mason has cost us Europa... perhaps Champions League as well... possibly even a League Cup... with his awful team selections

Winks is a dreadful footballer... not even fit to lace up Ndombele's boots

Bergwijn has no right being in the lineup. Forget the bleeding obvious... Bale... even Lucas is a patent step above

This is not all on Mason though... the previous fellow was clueless as well. When our season began to nosedive last December there was Bergwijn still starting every week with nary a goal or assist to his name

It's been an absolute waste of a season... a smorgasbord of extremely cynical football and remarkably bad management. I can immediately think of only one exceptionally good day

Bale... a brilliant talismanic signing who brought instant belief to the club upon his arrival... was criminally misused (and that is a criminal understatement)

He played the equivalent of 10 games and scored 11 goals despite being fit for almost the entire season. One can only wonder what could have been had we had a manager in charge who knew what the hell he was doing

Our reward for all of this is the poisoned chalice that is European Conference football

Had it not been for finishing above Arsenal (a minor achievement) then I'm not sure I would have cared too much whether we won or lost today

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see the leave spurs win a medal continues Ericson wins Italian winners medal and Trippier wins a Spanish winners medal.

13. THFC Guest

Thankfully that season is over…stuff of football nightmares.

Thank you Kane, you have been great…please take at least 7 others with you (starting with Aurier, Dier and Sanchez).

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well we played awful, fumbled our way to a win, west ham finished above us, helped Chavs into the CL, claimed Europa Conference status & finished above the Scum.

Kane was clearly saying his goodbyes at FT to Son & Alli.

Long summer of disappointment ahead.

The candidates for the job look disappointing to say the least and the future without Kane looks incredibly bleak.

Have a good summer everyone n come on England.

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What’s the chance Southgate will pick our two power houses Winks and Dier in his squad.I wait with baited breath for the announcement this week for our new manager and then I guess it’s 3 months of depression.I wish all of you on this site a happy close season

16. Guesty Guest

he may pick them both...and Alli....if he thinks it might help him get into DL’s good books :eek:

17. THFC Guest

Zidane….please be Zidane…..

18. Hopefully one day we will be able to laugh about it

19. A fanciful notion but you never know

Personally we should set our sights high but honestly I wouldn’t mind if Parker got the job

He’s somewhat inexperienced of course but he’s got style and charisma and I can see the players responding to him

Obviously an ex Spurs man as well

20. THFC Guest

I like Parker but think he needs a few more years of ups and downs to help him learn.

Our options seem a bit limited at the moment but Ten Haag is risky, Zidane a pipe dream, Flick out of our reach & Allegri a non starter. I would take Potter 9r Ragnick because I’m not keen on the idea of Benitez or Martinez if they are the realistic 3 options.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button