Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. THFC Guest

I have t changed that? Have a little read....i also think 17 months and 8 signings is reasonable...

Have you just found the word hypocrisy as you seem to like using it and often without merit

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Was it not you who said we had a much better squad than Utd ?

Now all of a sudden it's not so good after all......

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I have had this ongoing chat with Thfc about the merits of the United squad when he said he would only take 3 of their players.Me I would take about 7 or 8..

4. Jose's Ghost Guest

Says the fellow who believes Pochettino inherited a dream squad... lol

The final judgement on Jose at Spurs...

Did well to grind out the equivalent of 4th his first term and secure UCL knockout... got smacked unceremoniously by neophytes Leipzig... sent packing in the FA Cup by Norwich

Reinforced the squad in the off season and achieved 8th (ppg) after an excellent start results wise... got Spurs to the Carabao final by beating one good side on penalties... couldn't beat lowly Zagreb home and away in the Europa despite prioritising the competition... quick exit against the first decent side played in the FA Cup

The style of football was excessively defensive regardless of opposition and universally considered an eyesore... statistically it was mid table at best... decent goal differential inflated for much of the season by a premier striker and goalkeeper

Man management was poor... constantly misused his best players because they did not suit his overly cautious approach... many players championed one day then thrown under the bus the next... unable to elevate the collective for the above reasons

There is no leftist conspiracy but rather the reality regarding Jose has always been the same wherever he goes... once the winning stops what else is there?

Time to move on... with Rodgers preferably... a top coach and excellent man manager who will without doubt do very well with this squad

5. THFC Guest

Please find where I have said we had a better squad that Utd.....

I actually said that I would only want 3 of them as signings given their and cost as well as the fact there are better players potentially available at other clubs.

6. THFC Guest

Why when they are not much better? Would you sign mctominey or Bissouma? Bailey or Andersen/Konsa?

Please list the 8 players that they have (excluding Pogba who we couldn’t afford)

I can name 3 - Henderson, Fernandez and Wan Bisaka

The rest are not much better than we have currently so I wouldn’t bother

7. THFC Guest

I think that sums it up perfectly and honestly and Rodgers would be free at if we could nab him

8. THFC Guest

*great not free (auto correct got me yet again)

9. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Just watch Spurs taking 13 points out of remaining 15 under Mason.
    Rogers will not trade UCL his Foxes are getting for 3rd tier Euro competition Spurs are getting next season. I doubt Levy will keep Mason. Potter or Parker will get the job.

10. THFC Guest

I reckon Potter might be ok?

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why exclude Pogba we couldn’t afford lots of United players.my 8 pogba shaw wan Bisaka mctominay Fernandes rashford maguire greenwood Cavani that’s nine

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

He inherited a far better situation than the 1 he left.
    He had a core of young potential to work with, Lloris walker Rose Jan Dembele CE Kane.
    What he handed back was Davies Sanchez Aurrier Winks Sissoko and a fed up Jan Toby CE n broken Alli & Rose.
    Let's not forget had amassed 25 points from 24 games and without an away win in the league for a calendar year also.
    But let's still pretend his sacking was completely out of the blue and we we're a great footballing side with a great team when he was so shockingly removed against the wishes of sport from the excellent job he was doing and where we were going aye?

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The talk of Rodgers coming is laughable he's not gonna be interested in the gig when it's currently a step down with a squad full of bang average players with attitude problems.
    You lot wanna hope Ten Hag is genuinely interested because otherwise it's gonna be from a group of Martinez Southgate Potter Mason.

That really will be dross

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The thought of playing out from the back under Martinez or Southgate with the absolute donkeys we have is the stuff of actual nightmares

15. THFC Guest

We couldn’t afford or get pogba but let’s call him the equivalent to say Kane in terms of trade off.

Shaw is no better than Regy so nope
    Mctominay is not as good as Bissouma, Ndidi or Sabitzer so again nope as I would rather sign them.

Maguire has the pace of Toby and is not as good as Konsa or Andersen so nope.

Greenwood would be an upgrade on Lamela, Moura and Bale so I’ll give you that.

Rashford would need to be a swap for Son so nope.

Cavani is 34 - nope

Fernandes & Wan Bissaka were a yes.

I still wouldn’t take 8 of them

16. THFC Guest

Southgate would be a disaster

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

You weren’t asking which players would I take from the rest of the of the league but who from united.if we included the rest of the league I would takeafew from city and Chelsea and leicester the only one of ours that I would keep Kane and Son asa backup

Last edited: April 27, 2021
  18. Guesty Guest

perhaps the better question is which of our players would any of the top6 take?

19. THFC Guest

I wasn’t asking anything? I was saying that I would take 3 players from Utd not 8

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The answer guesty is Kane and a rejuvenated Son

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button