Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

without too much fuss we could start next season 343.....

Lloris
    Tanganga Alderweireld Rodon
    Sissoko Skipp Hojbjerg Reggie
    Son Kane Sessegnon

....Sissoko is in there but a new replacement would be much better.

But we need 'fuss'......as I stick with my previous the we can let 14 go (of which Sissoko is included)

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

What amazes me is it's all change of outlook now, now all of a sudden it is the squad after all.
    I think in hindsight a lot will realise Mourinho was actually getting more out of this squad than it was actually good enough for.
    They downed tools on him like they did to Poch and most backed the players when the managers shouldve been backed instead.
    I'm intrigued as to who the next manager will be coz I very much presume itl be a disaster and wel sink further into obscurity.
    Because managers are only as good as their squads/teams capabilities and desire, something this washed up squad is completely void of.

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

That team would get relegated

4. Guesty Guest

...... don't forget the 'but'....

If we replace any of the 14 we will improve the squad and the starting 11

Felon82 likes this.
  5. Jose's Ghost Guest

No change of outlook whatsoever... the previous manager was a dud headed for mid table and was doing so in the most unattractive manner

Spurs conjured up the 13th most shots in the league under Jose... effing 13th!
    Conceded the 9th most shots
    Were 10th in possession
    GK tied 2nd for save %

That's utter rubbish for a club with the 6th highest payroll

If you enjoyed Jose's football then good luck to you but most Spurs fans have better sense

And no it wasn't just a matter of investing more money... Jose spent over 350 million at United in 2 and a half seasons (including breaking the world transfer record) and went backwards at the richest club in the world

You generally get what you pay for in life and our squad is exactly what it is... the 6th most expensive... which is thereabouts where we will end up this season if we play aggressively down the stretch

Goons who suggest we need to sell the lot of them as if we will automatically get more for less are effing clueless and need a reality check

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Thfc but what makes you think that the eight players you mention would want to come to Tottenham plus all of them apart from sabitzer play for struggling teams and are used to losing.We need players with winning mentality.How could you possibly want to retain Sissoko and Ali and Davies.

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy that yesterday?
    Was that brave & aggressive?

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe the squad Guesty put forward for next year has he not been watching this season I agree with Felon certain relegation fodder.Sissoko still at the club????L

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I think it’s time to stop this argument as to whether or not it was the poor squad or poor management by Mourino because I think it’s a non win argument.I personally think we have a p*** poor squad but I do think Mourino failed miserably to make any improvement on any players so the blame lies equally.Can we now move away from this or is it going to go on and on like the Pochetino arguments.The future has nothing to do with Mourino .I just hope we can get a forward thinking manager and he will be given time because we are in for a few lean years while we rebuild unless we gain a miracle owner which is unlikely

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well let's see who the replacement is 1st , because we were in a final and top 4 still possible (6th) when Mourinho was hounded out in favour of the players.
    Players may I add a lot of you have been saying should be doing a lot better.
    But statistically we were around where we deserve to be under the self imposed constraints the board enforce on their managers.
    So for the sacking to be just or viable there has to be improvement surely as it was apparently just coaching needed ?

11. Guesty Guest

It never ceases to amaze me that people on here only read what they want to read ffs!!!!

Sissoko is included in my list of 14 players to get rid of....BUT.....we need a right sided strong player..... and in our current bag of sh!t 14 he is the best suited for the position. (if you say Lo Celso you clearly do not know how sh!t he is).

I think Sissoko is also sh!t but playing Lo Celso or Lamala is worse in that position.
    If you bring Sissoko on as a sub he is awful. If you play him from the start he has a chance of settling into the game..... but he still needs replacing.

My point is that without fuss.....i.e. DL has lost the Super League.... will not get Champions League.... so will again not splash the cash required...... unless by some miracle another club meets his player valuation..... and then he will only send what he gets in.... which won't buy a top4 player

NB...... I did put a 'squad'..... it was the 11 I selected...... minus Sissoko... but including replacing 14 sh!te players

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

You won’t give in will you Felon.you state we were in a cup final and top 4 still possible.What are you saying that this is down to the best coach in the world or maybe down to the players not being as bad as you say.As I have said this is a no win argument as we will never really know.Shows how bad the league is that we are still in top half but top 4 no chance

13. THFC Guest

I think each of those players are easily achievable if you look at who they play for.
    As for Alli, Sissoko and Davies, we cannot get rid of every player we have so we need to move on the ones that really need to go and that will raise funds to allow us to replace them.

14. THFC Guest

It was better than 90% of the performances under JM and it was a youth coach filling a 6 game hole against probably the best club side in Europe with the best coach in Europe

15. THFC Guest

Every person on here has openly said that we need a big refresh of players, as did Poch and as did JM. JM is gone and we shouldn’t expect anything from Mason and he seems to be doing a decent job at the end of a difficult period. Let’s hope we can win our last 5 games and somehow squeeze into top 4 thanks to just how poor everyone else is.

Hopefully we get a new coach that everyone can get behind and that has his own identity and playing style that suits today’s game and our players (whoever they may be)

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

We will when the next guy can't do the same

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

That 1 shot on target of a whole 2 was really exciting

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Naglesmann to Bayern

That's 1 off the list

19. Genevaspurs Guest

Sorry THFC, I cannot agree with all you are saying. Sissoko has to leave immediately. Whenever he is on the field, he is directly or indirectly involved in the actions and goals of our opponents! The only difference with Winks is that he has offensive abilities with his power but it stops there! Sissoko Out ! For Lucas, unlike many of us, I think he still has a role to play in the team. Not by starting the match but with a joker role. And as for his performance yesterday, he was almost the only one to succeed in his attempts to create offensively even if he was often stopped by faults of the citizens ... To leave him in the 65th minute was a mistake! For the rest, I quite agree with everything I read and it will be important to give at least one season to the new Manager to put in place a game idea that works!

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see naglesman is be chased by Bayern Munich and they are prepared to pay a world record release to get him so we can forget Spurs getting him .I would like Rogers but I don’t think he will leave Leicester so god help us if we are talking Potter or Howe

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button