Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I agree with your clear out Felonbut who are the 4cbs because I hope you are not including Rodon who I think shows real promise

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

As I said in an earlier post I don't care with or without JM I'm not a JM fan I support Spurs.
    My post is about what's needed to happen for this squad to move forward or be serious.
    A new guy coming in to work with this circus will be on a hiding to nothing if he's not ruthless immediately and backed significantly.
    I fully expect Mourinho to go at end of season and I really can't wait, for starters to stop the completely deluded whining about how good and hard done by the loser clown players are, exposing how bad and unprofessional they are and have been for best part of 3 years, no bad guy to shift their incapabilities onto, how fake and differently people are with the new manager etc
    It's gonna be great fun because itl be a harsh reality for many.

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Dier Sanchez Foyth Toby

The reason I say Toby is because there's obviously an issue he fell out with Poch & now JM plus he's getting slow.

We should'nt be in a situation where we are clamouring for a Championship & Academy prospect in Rodon & Tanganga to be in the heart of our 1st team Defence due to the seniors being a mixed bag of sh!t.
    It just shows what a shambles this squad is, what other Prem team that's serious has rookie defenders?

4. Jose's Ghost Guest

Same tired old refrain from Spurs this season

Take the lead... choose not to build on that lead... concede that lead late

Debate about which players are good enough and which aren't will always be endless. I don't mind wading into that occasionally... I've certainly earmarked a few myself over the years that 'should never play for Spurs again'

But as you point out that really is not the issue here... like all clubs we can strengthen in places but the whole is less than the sum of the parts these days and that falls squarely on the manager

Jose just can't help himself... we applied some pressure up front today but the backline played ridiculously deep. Team selection just poor again and that just sends the wrong message throughout the squad... I believe Jose said 'no manager in the world wouldn't play Bale if he's fit'? I guess Jose is no manager then

He can be quite the motivator though for sure... he certainly brings out the very best in Pogba everytime he manages against him. Good work Jose

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

One of the things that amazes me on this website is the stance taken on certain players who are obviously their favourites and get away with the critisism aimed at the regular culprits.Reguillon defensively has been absolutely awful the last two games but did not receive the flak that Dier and Aurier received.The third goal against united was all down to him as he stood and watched as the united man coasted by him to score.With our weakness at centre back he can’t bomb foreward recklessly.

6. The team plays far too defensively as it is... you’re suggesting we need to play more defensively?

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

No that’s not what I’m saying.I want all players to be judged on the same basis and reggie has been woeful the last two appearances not just defensively either but escapes the criticism

8. Genevaspurs Guest

I completely agree and we have to judge all the players on the same basis. But we must also recognize that Regguie has been pretty good all season until these last matches while this is not the case with Dier for example. In addition, he makes run after run in his left side the entire game to receive little ball. At 1-2 to 20 seconds from the end of the match, the energy and the will were no longer there ... not to mention the general state of mind of the team in relation to the situation and the atmosphere with Mourinho. So even if Regguie deserves to be criticized for these last 2 matches, he can be also apologized for the particular situation the team is in and especially the timing of united's 3rd goal when we were pushing to try to come back. to score.

Another thing, why not sack immediately Mourinho and replace him with an interim coach who knows Spurs and who loves them? Someone who accepts the next 7-8 matches and then gives way to JM's successor who is given the means to rebuild with new players and especially young players? I can see Harry Redknapp coming for 2 months then a Nagelsmann to do what he is doing in Leipzig (or Dortmund or Bayer in Germany). It's crazy how these clubs manage to play with young people of 17, 18 or 19 years old in the championship or in the champions league and that we are never able to do it except in the league cup or in a friendly match ...!

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Me I would rejoice if Mourino was replaced by Harry till the end of season.But if you wonder why other clubs bring on their youth it’s because they spend money on their scouting system and coaching staff we use our ex players who have no experience because they are cheap.If you were15 and could pick your club would you pick spurs sadly not at at the moment.Most kids know Mourino does not trust teenagers Our under 23 coach is Wayne Burnett who was a lower league player Man united have previous internationals who the kids will look upto

Last edited: April 15, 2021
  10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Massive game tonight a loss will surely be the death knell for this season irrespective of the Caribo cup result.How many supporters would forgive and forget if we fluke the cup win.I personally would love a cup win but that cannot cover up the dross season and I for one don’t want a repeat of the embarrassment that Mourino has brought to our club.The Dulux contract could not have come at a more embarrassing time and shows from the posts how our club is held in ridicule at the moment.Bet the bald idiot did not see that coming

11. I’m not sure where you find the enthusiasm

With the very rare exception Spurs have been an utter bore... win lose or draw

Would I take this every year if there was a Carabao at the end of it? No... I’d give up watching football if this is as good as it gets

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It’s not enthusiasm it’s desperation and we agree on something if this is the entertainment we are going to get in future I will turn to my second love rugby league it’s far more honest

13. Jesper Active Member

So a 352 lineup against Everton, happy about that but not happy about seeing Sissoko start.

14. Guesty Guest

I keep thinking I'll wake up one day and read in the press that JM has been a paid plant by Chelsea & Man Utd...and they are both relegated

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Dier and Sissoko in same team again is Mourino taking the P*** .We have Moura bale Ali Decelso on bench and he picks this rubbish against a team lacking its most attacking player.You can’t make it up

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Fed up of the same old same. Worst player on pitch Ndombele who looks like a parks player when he is bad.Slow on the ball and gives it away for fun.Hojbjerg not far behind in ineptitude today.When was the last time Sissoko was better than both of them.More points dropped from leading only Brighton are worse.Thank god Everton had a defender in the spurs mold tonight who helped Kane with both goals.Once again Mourino seems to have no idea what shape to play and reacts when it is too late

17. THFC Guest

It’s been reported that Lewis is hoping to sell a 50% stake of the club...be interesting to see who to. Any potential buyer will need to look at the investment level being made in the playing squad as well as the impact that JM has during training and games because both lots of members of the squad and the manager need replacing.

JM/Spurs performances currently are a bit like taking your dads mate who used to be cool with you to a nightclub to try and pull...it stands out like a sore thumb that our dance moves are out of date, our style isn’t current and none of the girls are looking at us with anything other than a mixture of sarcasm and humour. The only way to have any chance of success with the ladies is to get your dads mate go home and carry on without him or just accept your fate and accept it’s just not happening with the ladies

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Let's go through this again, if you're being true/genuine -

Hart Aurrier Doherty Davies Dier Sanchez Rodon Tanganga Reguilion PEH N'Dombele LoCelso Winks Sissoko LoCelso Lamela Moura Bergwijn Alli are Not top 4 standard players.

Lloris Toby Bale were but not anymore.

Kane & Son are.

Get real with the situation it's an awful squad that's simply not good enough for your aspirations, it lacks quality, character, balance and is the result of utter negligence n consistent spending levels the same as Brighton & Hove Albion.

Wake up

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry felon although I agree that we don’t have many top 4 players I still think you are being over the top with including Rodon who is young and I think shows great promise and has not been paired with the same partner for two games in a row.You state that we have only two top4 players well how many do you think we should have.No side has eleven.I still think that Tanganga Decelso Bergwin and reguillion would make good squad members used properly.I would be happy if we could sign a top centre half a really class midfielder two full backs and a good striker to put pressure on Kane and son (if they stay)With a different manager some of our dross could regenerate themselves.I do agree Dier Ali Aurier DohertySanchez Davies Ndombele Sissoko should be sold and we should not take up. the options on Bale and Vinicius but that may not be as easy as it seems .Moura I can’t make up my mind because there is a player in there he just needs to slow down sometimes and choose better options.Unfortunately this won’t happen while Levy is in charge of the purse strings.One hope is there is a rumour going about thatMr edwards wants to sell 50 percent of his shares.Is there a spare oil sheik anywhere

20. Guesty Guest

Moura is like a lad in the U10s team my son used to play in years ago.
    .....always wanted the ball. ran around a lot thinking he was Maradona. took all the free kicks, penalties. called from awful positions.
    and really.....did nothing with it when he had it.

I’d keep Tanganga, Rodon, Reggie, Hojbjerg, Son & Kane. (Lloris & Toby can stay for another season)
    Keep the youth.....Skipp, Cirkin, Devine, Sessegnon, Clarke,
    bin the rest

NB......Danny Rose.....is a whole discussion on his own.....but right now I’m inclined for him to polish his boots and see what he can do.
    He surely can’t offer less than the sh!te that’s being picked at the moment

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button