Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Once again MOURINO try’s to blame the ref and var for our defeat.What game was he watching.I agree the penalty was dubious because the ball had long gone before Sanchez made his wild lunge but we were second best at everything until the last ten minutes.Mourino is doing his usual cover job to hide his tactical ineptitude.why did the greatest coach (his words) not remove Doherty or for that matter why play him at all.Then to pair him with Bale who is defensively non existent was totally inept thinking.Seems that our boy at Norwich had another great game at the weekend while we keep playing our misfits like Sissoko who wants to give the ball to someone else and won’t take any responsibility.United still not collapsing as someone on here said would happen

Bazza47 likes this.
  2. THFC Guest

Are you a secret United fan?? No one said Utd would collapse so probably best be factual with your little add on comments...They have dropped points in them and will continue to drop points until the end of this season IMO (as they have done on numerous occasions this season).

Back to our performance, I have generally liked the way PeH covers ground in MF but how many times can he give the ball away? He literally makes 1 pass in 5. Doherty should be nowhere near the side but I don’t think Aurier is much better so it’s a tough one in that position. Sanchez should be nowhere near the first team because for every good clearance, he makes a mistake or gives the ball away. Ndombele is either great or awful but his effort leaves a lot to be desired.

Our performance was terrible, our approach was terrible, our mindset was terrible and the formation/changes we made were terrible. Yes, we have some outrageously bad footballers but we also have some very good ones so we should be putting in better performances in a NLD and the manager is fully responsible for our performances and results. It would be nice if he took responsibility rather than reminding everyone how great he was 15 years ago

Bazza47 likes this.
  3. Guesty Guest

Kane, Son, Alderweireld & Lloris will be gone in the summer.
    Bale won't be back next season.
    Reggie will go back to Madrid

Next season.....
    Hart, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, NDombele, Sissoko, Winks, Hojbjerg, Lamela & Moura

...... there won't be enough alcohol in the world to drown that sorrow

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thfc no I am not a united fan in fact I hate them almost as much as the scum but I do know that they would not have surrendered like we did yesterday and yes I accept that they will drop points as all teams will but not as many as us.Face up to it they will finish above us which you originally did not think would happen but you will deny it now. The one thing we agree on is that Mourino needs to face up to his limitations and stop blaming everybody else

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

God guesty you have just given me nightmares

6. THFC Guest

That wasn’t what i said at all? I said I would only want to sign 3 of their players...

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

And Ralph Hasenhüttl with a 5 year project ......

8. THFC Guest

He has proved to be a cracker this season

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I do find it strange that this time last year we had a web site that was buzzing with views for and against while now the silence from all the old favourites is deafening.Is this because they don’t have an opinion any more or has the dire fare served up left them speechless.I would have expected many more opinions after such a poor showing in the nld.

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to keep enthused after watching 30 years of the same sh!t, the last 20 have seen 2 big occasions where by fluke a manager and side have come together n needed backing to take the next step.
    On both occasions they weren't backed and it fell apart, I look at the club a little wiser and older these days n realise why do I care so much when it's clear the club's not interested , players can't get up for a Derby , a consistently flawed transfer strategy , the inevitable on the horizon another manager and a generational talent leaving to pursue medals at a proper club and find it very hard to muster the energy.
    I'm sure a lot of others probably feel/see the same too.

Bazza47 likes this.
  11. Guesty Guest

we are going nowhere with soo many poor players..... many of them starters in a team they should be nowhere near!!
    I count at least 14......
    and because of that it doesn't matter who plays....there are still too many weaknesses.

I'd get rid of the lot in the summer except Kane, Son, maybe Alderweireld (getting on), Rodon, Tanganga, Hojbjerg and Bale (for next season)......
    keep Reggie.
    get Skipp back......and play the other youngsters.

Tanganga, Rodon, Alderweireld, Reggie, Hojbjerg, Bale, Son & Kane should be starting all games now

Sanchez, Doherty, Dier, Winks & Alli should never be picked again.

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I'd also add the overall spectacle and standard of Football has become predictable and poor.
    VaR, no fans, money sponsorship & merchandise orientated.
    I was football mad as a kid, everyone I know was, played morning noon evening til the sun went down.
    Was buzzing about having 2 sons but neither are remotely interested in football and I can easily see why, the national team are a joke, the players are panzis, the refereeing is beyond criminal, the club that spends the most usually wins, there's very scarce what I'd call get you off your seat world class footballers to get excited about, most games are snoozefest, no interest in the cups only about qualifying for CL with no intent of winning it.

Today's game is just effort for little return.

Rant over

13. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Not like you Felon...holding back....lol. I’m wearied by it all to be fair, that’s why I’ve not been on here much this season. For me Mourinho was and still is the wrong man for us, but we’re stuck up Shite Creek without a paddle, for all the aforementioned reasons. Quite how we can perform like that in the biggest game of the season is beyond me, regardless of the weaknesses in the coach and the players is beyond me. I get more enjoyment watching Leeds.....!

Felon82 likes this.
  14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen the team for tonight .I know we have injuries and suspensions but Dier and Sanchez and winks and Sissoko in the same team is asking for a nerve racking evening.I really do despair at Mourinos selections at times We have no midfield and he takes out one of the best attacking options by putting Davies in instead of reguillon

15. Guesty Guest

take out Lloris & Kane and that is a shame to see those other 9 players representing our club.
    It shows just how far we have fallen.

even Terry Fenwick is thinking wtf....

16. THFC Guest

Ok Jose fans...blame the players all you like but that was indefensible. The great one has led us to a Carabao Cup final against City, limp NLD defeat against a terrible Arsenal side and fighting for a top 10 place. It’s nothing to do with him though as he has won loads of trophies 10 years ago. It’s the players/Levy/Enic/Covid....

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Only one word can describe what I have just watched and that is DISGRACEFUL.We are inundated with **** players but why does the greatest have to pick them all in the same team.I said before the game started that Mourinos selection would mean an uncomfortable evening little did I guess how bad it would become.He showed no appreciation of the opposition and his arrogance knows no bounds.Whatever any body says about the quality of our players nobody can now say that they are the only pr9blem.Mourino must go now no question and it does not matter who takes over because we are no longer a serious top 6 challenger any more.We will lose Kane and Son next year and I think the damage done over the past 2 years will probably take a decade to recover from unless we are taken over by an oil sheik.How was Sissoko still on the pitch a man mountain who hides every game.Never have I seen a spurs team play for 120 minutes and not put together one proper football movement.Kane looks to me as if he is already thinking about which team to go to next season.We have at least 10 players we need to move on but who would want them unless they are free.Altogether a complete shambles and a laughing stock again .

18. Guesty Guest

If Kane is here next season he's an idiot if he wants to win things

I can't remember a Spurs team this bad in a long long time.
    Defenders and midfielders who wouldn't get in any other PL side.

19. Guesty Guest

sorry....... and Vininius and Bergwijn (if they are classed as attackers)

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Jose has come out after the match and thrown all the players under the bus..He picked the team and I assume motivates them before the game and at half time.??Is it only me who now finds it hard to take him seriously and the players and find it hard who to blame for this farce that is going on at our club.Levy must take a lot of blame and to put Mourino on a contract that will cost a fortune to end was the final stupidity.Our recent purchases Docherty Bale Vinicius are no where good enough and even Ndombele looks a waste of money now the euphoria has worn off as his poor control led to their winning goal.I don’t believe that Mourino is a good judge of a player any more and would not trust him with another transfer kittyIronicthat United are now favourites the team that only has 3 players worth a place in our team according to some

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button