Manager, squad, owners

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, November 2, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Always thought he thinks he is better than he is.Chelsea will struggle for too 4

2. voiceofreason Active Member

Yeah I’m not into criticism of ex players or managers that didnt leave us of their own accord and wanted to come back!
    What do you expect him to say, he has to win over the Chelsea fans, he isn’t going to say, oh I like spurs best but they wouldn’t have me!

Good luck to him so long as it isnt to our detriment! The best compliment I’ve seen about postacogeluco(sp) is that he is a similar type to Poch

3. Oh come now, there is a middle ground to be found here.

I completely agree with you; Pochettino was unceremoniously sacked after leading us to our greatest ever finish in Europe. I didn’t condone it at the time, but on the same hand, he did appear completely burnt out (and that was not exactly his fault).

The simple truth is he would never have got the PSG or now Chelsea job if not for his time at Spurs. So some modicum of respect/context for the past is 100% entirely due. If he can’t understand that, then I’m afraid the future does not look good for him.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

He did a good job for us but nothing to make him the no 1 candidate for the biggest clubs.Dont see him applying for jobs without financial clout.He has gone to Chelsea who are probably the second riches club in England and before that the money bags ofPSG.I am not sure that I believe the press saying he wanted back to us.just a change of subject well done the England under21s winning the European championships with Skipp playing a part

Last edited: July 8, 2023
  5. I read that he is concerned about Dele now and will give him a call some time… lol… where has he been the last few years?

I have to say Poch is beginning to look/sound like quite a fraud, and I agree with you, a good manager but one who never won anything here despite having the best side in England for 1 or 2 years.

6. voiceofreason Active Member

Again. He got asked the question about Dele, what else is he going to say « no the guys a dick, I hope he fails and I don’t want to talk to him again »?. Come on guys , you must know how media and communication works ?

7. Yes of course voiceofreason. I have has much respect and loyalty for Poch as you do. But some managers own the media and some get owned by it. Pochettino is not a helpless lamb.

I really don’t understand what he is presenting at the moment. It is extremely weird, and as much as dislike what Chelsea represent, I actually fear for him because he is making no sense.

8. And by the way, he is suggesting he is a much better manager these days than he was with us. I wouldn’t be so sure of that because he is not presenting himself as a better man in the slightest.

Time will tell. He has an extremely expensive squad on his hands. My guess is there seems to be a lot of bullshit about him these days.

9. voiceofreason Active Member

I would not put him in te top tier of managers yet He hasn’t proved himself yet but I guess if Chelsea were taking potter then he is definitely a step up for them there

10. voiceofreason Active Member

By the way if you are judging managers by press interviews. “Posto” just said managing Celtic would be on a bucket list!!!

11. Which is what Pochettino should have said about us lol.

12. Postecoglou Guest

By the way, Postecoglou’s presser was a great press conference. He presents himself extremely well.

13. voiceofreason Active Member

Yep I’d agree with that

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

God I am fed up with the will we won’t we sign this player or that player.The clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea make their bids and follow through.We titivate about trying to get the price down on 2 players waiting to buy the cheap option.We are off tomorrow on tour so no signings to bed in apart from 2 midfielders.That means Dier will still be at centre half.Has Poste now begun to realise the fight he has to get Levy to do what is needed.This after putting up the season tickets when Levy promised this would not happen .The hope I had is fast dissipating

15. voiceofreason Active Member

“Titivate” always makes me chuckle

16. It would very much appear that more new players will be coming and quite a few will have to go.

We have a very large squad now that all the loanees have returned, so my impression is that the manager will give everyone a chance to see who fits and who doesn’t before deciding exactly where he needs to reinforce further.

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That is pie in the sky.we need 2 centre backs urgently and don’t tell me that Poste does not know this.Are you telling me he will wait and see with Dier because if does then we have picked the wrong man.Maybe a couple of returning loanees will be given a chance but most are returning because they were poor for the loan period and we can’t sell.I would love Ndombele to come good but I am afraid he does not work hard enough to fit the way Poste plays.so far the only offer we have had is for Sanchez and we should snatch their hands off.

18. Oh I’m sure he is aware. The numbers don’t lie. We conceded an awful amount of goals last year.

There will be changes. We will be going to a back four to begin I imagine, so that lessens the required number of centre-backs by two immediately. Romero would seem likely to be pencilled in as he seems to fit the Postecoglou mould of a defender, i.e., fearless and can play off the deck.

Other than that, I believe we’re interested in the lad from Wolfsburg or perhaps from Leverkusen?

So, I can’t really see a scenario where Dier will be first choice again, and I would be surprised if he is not sold before window’s end. But that will also depend on the manager and if Dier’s mentality is agreeable to him.

19. Big fran Guest

To go away without at least one new centre half is criminal.

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could not agree more.Levy needs to stop fanning about and do something decisive.The season
    starts next month and we don’t have a clue what our team is going to be.Even our tour game with West Ham comes 3 days after flying to aus so we will be jet lagged while West Ham have been there for a week .Great planning and asking for injuries.I do believe that we need someone with nous to take all thecresponsibity away from Levy

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button