Manager, squad, owners

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, November 2, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Big fran Guest

The WC break came at a good time for spurs and in particular Conte who I think was on the brink again. This window is so so important for us in keeping Conte, getting 4th spot and also in preparation for next season where Conte will want to push on given his ambition. Need to go large on a centre half if not 2 an attacking no10 and a wingback. Another CF would be nice. Gvardiol will cost 85m but given his talent and age well worth it if you can get him on a 6 Yr contract. He will go right to the top. The striker Ramos from benfica another top talent. Why we are being linked with more centre mids I don't know!!

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a shame to see a once very good player for us completely crash his career.I mean Deli. ALi who is struggling in Turkey.It would be interesting to know what caused this disintergration.It seemed to start with Mourino and got steadily worse.

3. Big fran Guest

Hadn't been capped for England in almost 2 yrs before Jose so that's nonsense.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Ali was in England squad in 2019 but after Mourino took over at spurs he was gradually phased out

5. The Conte Guest

Only he would know but did his descent begin with him dropping his family name? Or did it coincide with him splitting up with his long time high profile girlfriend? Either way he totally lost his mojo somewhere along the way.

It really was a remarkable fall from grace. 18 league goals from midfield as a 20 year old… and not a penalty among them… is outrageous. Some of his goals were filthy good.

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Manager boring, squad sh;te, owners a disease

7. voiceofreason Active Member

Merry Xmas and a happy new year Felon!

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

As I said

9. Mr Levy Guest

We have several positions that need fixing pretty urgently.
    GK, 2 x CB, RWB, creative MF and at least 1 x attacker.

I would go all out to sign Oblak, Skrinar, De Vrij, Porro, Maddison and Barnes

Skrinar and De Vrij are out of contact this year and would be a priority as would be very low cost major upgrades on what we have.

Lloris, Sanchez, Emerson, Doherty, Gil, Moura and Sess sold to help pay for the others

10. The Conte Guest

Hugo’s international retirement might suggest his days at Spurs are about to come to an end.

Bale retired today as well… best player I’ve seen at Spurs this millennium.

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

No mention of quatar interest

12. Not sure what the general consensus is here but I for one feel very positive about our new manager and what he will be able to achieve at the club.

My optimism goes beyond his never wavering commitment to an exciting attacking style of football, though that will be a welcome relief in itself no matter the results. Nor is it entirely predicated on his considerable quality as a football manager, though that is also essential. But rather it is his commitment to the club itself which bodes so well.

Postecoglou could not be more delighted to be here, which says a great deal about his desire for the challenge and to leave a permanent mark upon this football club. I never truly got that sense from Mourinho or Conte, never got the sense they were truly happy to be here. So this is an equally refreshing change.

It would seem that both Spurs and Postecoglou stand to gain a great deal from this arrangement, so it is the perfect hire I believe. It may take a little while to bed in, so some patience may be required, but success I believe (however we define that here) is assured.

13. THFC Guest

100% with you

14. voiceofreason Active Member

I posted on the other thread that I wasn’t happy at all having an unknown who can win a 2 team league rather than a couple of the well known names we were linked to.
    However I am starting to get a Poch feel about him, it’s probably rose coloured spurs glasses but let’s give him a chance, positive football will be good to see agin at least!
    I’d like us to strike quickly in the transfer market though but we know that will never happen!

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why am I starting to worry about the great rebuild.Arsenal ready to pay90 million for Rice and they are also looking to buy a Dutch international defender from Ajax who won’t be cheap and Havertz from Chelsea while we spend time trying to reduce the fee for an on loan Kulu?Arrsenal are not richer than us but know you need top class players not other teams cast offs.I just hope our new manager has input and won’t be overruled by Levy wanting cheap bargains.I have a feeling that he is his own man and will stand by his principles .It will be interesting to watch but we really do need to start buying and unloading now or pre season will be here and we won’t be ready

16. While I have few, if any, reservations about the new manager, I have serious concerns about our squad.

Not so much about their level of ability, but about their mentality, which was brutally exposed in the run in.

I am certain that the manager will be able to affect a culture of change if afforded the time, but if the vast majority of the current squad remains, it will only make it a considerably more difficult and drawn out process.

I agree with you that the club needs to bring in a number of fresh players to mark the beginning of this new era.

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen that our first preseason game is 15 July on tour.Considering we will need at least 2 weeks training before setting off it’s a bit worrying that we are doing the same bickering about transfers instead of signing some new players and discarding the rubbish.The signing of postelogu raised hopes that things were about to change but I am afraid that Levy will haggle until it’s too late and pre season will be with the same rubbish that has seen off 4 managers in the past.When will the idiot start to get real.Arsenal in for 3 big players as are Chelsea while we do nothing.You read in the press that we are interested in so many players but that is all it is press talk

18. A very positive first interview from Maddison. The lad is not short of confidence.

However, what he said about the manager impressed me the most.

To quote Maddison, Postecoglou told him: whether you come or not, you’re going to see a completely different Spurs team under me.

How refreshing is that!

19. THFC Guest

Calm down…it’s not July yet. They are re-building a squad, not playing Football Manager. June has been great and if July can be focused on CB’s it will be a great month.

Will be nice to start seeing a heap of sales soon too (Ange wants 10 to go allegedly). He is exactly what we have needed

20. Wow, Pochettino has turned into quite the snake. I actually would like to see him do well, believe it or not, despite my disdain for the club he has signed for. That’s all okay of course. Times have changed, and we have had a few ex Chelsea managers come through our doors these last few years.

But someone correct me if I’m wrong. Has he had actually said one word (positive or negative) about his time with us? Or is he just happy to lick boots elsewhere now with no respect for the club where he made a proper name for himself?

So much for having cojones Poch.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button