Manager, squad, owners

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, November 2, 2021.

1. Angelos Guest

We are going to have a hell of a side in 4 years. Shame the manager will be long gone.

2. voiceofreason Active Member

Not sure whether Bournemouth may have got the better deal. Just signed player from Porto who has averaged 15 goals a season? Although solanke being English maybe a factor

3. Angelos Guest

So I just had the pleasure of reading an article in the Mirror about how Spurs have been voted England’s best run club. And that Daniel Levy was thrilled to receive the accolade.

Hahahahahahaha

All after signing one first team player purely for depth this summer … for a team that was clearly running on nothing but fumes at the end of last season?

Heads up … Spurs have won one solitary cup in 25 years under Levy. And literally, it was the very worst cup that an English club could possibly win. Without doubt below the freshly minted European Conference poisoned chalice.

Seriously … what is this nonsense? This is the the same chairman who set a record by not signing a single player in a summer window. The fellow knows nothing about football.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Best run club in the financial arena but has nobody told Levy that the fans want trophies and if the fans finally say enough then you can’t run the club with no money from the fans. don’t get me wrong it’s nice we are not being investigated like half the teams for financial irregularities

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Ami the only person who thinks that going for another defender as the press seem to think as cover At left back instead of a good midfielder is totally the wrong thing.Maybe Ange trusts the youngsters to correct the weakness in midfield but with Newcastle away arsenal at home and united away in our next 5 games I can see us getting dominated in the middle of the park

6. Angelos Guest

I love Big Ange (obviously). And he plays a very strong hand publicly, as any Spurs manager should.

But this has not been a great window. We did jettison much that was not required, but in turn, we’ve brought in one legitimate potential starter.

I appreciate the young lads. They’re all good buys, and a few of them will be great players one day I would think. But we needed more. The squad is not robust enough should we get injury blighted again. And Big Ange never hangs around for long.

7. voiceofreason Active Member

Fairly underwhelming window. Hopefully solanke turns out well. I think odobert will be good but the rest seem to be for a long term project
    I guess you could say the team was already decent last year and this year is about moving forward with Angs plan. We shall see

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button