Line-up for tonight: Don't Take this Juve side for granted

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Bazza47, March 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Jam Guest

Agreed Felon.. that was a very tough loss to take.

A defeat like that can really rock a team.

Let's hope the fallout is minimal because we really can't afford to dip now domestically.

2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Such pain, 'oh such pain.

I digress a little. Bear with me.

Having watched our progress under Pochettino these last three years there is no doubt that he has made a big difference to the Club, in so many different ways. I met up with an old friend at a family party last weekend. He told me that his elder brother, who I played football with, had terminal lung cancer and only had a few months to live.

They are both big Spurs fans. Steve, the young one, wrote to the Club. They received a personal letter back from Poch, which included them saying that they would arrange for Johnny, in a wheelchair now, plus his guests, to be hosted in an Executive Box at Wembley last Saturday. They wined and dined them, had Pat Jennings and Micky Hazard there, lots of pictures, lots of care.

Now whilst that doesn't condone the lack of action after the two goals, in does show that we have started to create something very special at our Club.

Over the two legs we were the better side and for three years now we have been the best to watch in the PL, bar none. That's why we're on the TV so much.

Sanchez and Trippier messed up and Poch didn't act to redress that f**k up. Period.

We remain in a special place with this team and with our Club at the moment. We are on the margin. But this game can be harsh, with wafer thin margins defining success versus failure. We did fail, because we lost 2-1 to a top, top, European giant. Are we failing. Absolutely not.

COYS

Last edited: March 8, 2018
  3. Jam Guest

Well said Baz.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Pochettino is a gentleman no doubt.

Bazza47 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button