Les grandes équipes...

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, September 18, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

If we're not gonna take the domestic cups seriously then I'd rather we didn't dick about in them pretending like we're interested.
    Squad is too small and knackered

Bazza47 likes this.
  2. burnt Well-Known Member

" We need to learn " " We need to improve " I think everyone would agree with that but I also think you should start taking a bit of your own advice Poch . In what world is it a good idea or acceptable to write a book giving away company secrets and discussing things that were taught by others to be private conversations while still being employed by said company .. Also derogatory opinions printed in ink about current employees is probably not a great creator of moral or togetherness all round i.m.o ... Now one might be forgiven for making a mistake or a wrong judgement call but you obviously see nothing at all wrong with this nonsense having added another chapter to this book again this year . How in any language is this a good idea , there's a time and a place and for me this is neither .. Surely it could have waited untill the end .. " We need to learn " yes we do Sir , all of us ......

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  3. Big fran Guest

Most definitely leave the books for when your retired and broke. Upset who you like then and I'm sure we would all take a look...
    My team for tnite Gazza aurier sanchez Davies Peters winks wanyama lamela alli son kane

burnt and Felon82 like this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Pochs book writing is akin to those z list 'celebs' off Towie or xfactor etc that write a biography at 23 like they've done something.
    At the moment his entire management career consists of had a decent go, nice try....

burnt likes this.
  5. Peter reed Guest

just listened to the radio coverage of the latest spurs Watford saga.It was described by the commentator as total rubbish until the last 20 minutes when poch decided to bring on son and dembele and even then we could not hold out for 4minutes at the end and had to rely on penalties.I am sure pochetino is tactically inept what ever the fawning press say about him and I am fed up with him treating the cup games with contempt.Can you imagine the great bill nic treating supporters like that.I find it insulting to the supporters

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  6. Cheshuntboy Guest

I don't know who, if anyone, is advising Pochettino on what to say at his press conferences, but his recent pronouncements have been bizarre, to say the least. First he says the press is 'disrespecting' the players when he's questioned about why Trippier and Alderweireld were omitted from the Inter CL squad (?!), and then he says they're 'disrespecting' the competition when he's asked about the Watford League Cup team, even though he's on record as saying that the domestic cups aren't important! Perhaps he ought to bring back the interpreter (and his English is still so hard to understand that it might be a good idea anyway).
    As for the team, we blundered through, playing with ten full internationals against a team of virtual unknowns, but a win is what counts, and perhaps we're about to face a Barcelona side in the same poor form as were Real Madrid when we beat them last season, but now I'm clutching at straws. Surely we're going to see off Huddersfield without difficulty, aren't we?

7. Big fran Guest

A win is a win is a win.. I'll take substance over style after 3 successive defeats and now two wins on the bounce even though we made it more difficult than necessary. Always going to be a very disjointed after so many changes and in the main the stiffs shown why they are very much the stiffs. Many come out of the tie with more questions than before the ko. Plus side gazza again, aurier improved again, game time for wanyama and lamela again did really well until poor game management losing the ball needlessly when he could have kept the ball shielded and bought a free kick. Onto Huddersfield COYS

8. Spurporter Well-Known Member

It seems that in the World Cup year it is much better to play the unknowns as opposed to full internationals. It is not that they are tired, they just had the pick of form in June and it is not easy to get it back. Spurs current best players did not go to Russia. That is where the lack of depth truly felt

Last edited: September 28, 2018
    Bazza47 likes this.
  9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Huddersfield beaten so far-

Utd 2-0
    Chelsea 3-0
    City 6-1
    Leicester 3-1

Even Stoke 2-0

Anything else than a win here today will be very dissapointing and preferably not a laboured pulling teeth display.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  10. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

Yep Felon -It's all set up ain't it. Huddersfield haven't won in 10 outings, haven't scored at home in 5 PL's, haven't beaten us since 1955 (mind you, we haven't played them that often since then), every one of their PL goals (yes, all 3 of them) are set piece jobs, joint worst defence in the PL. What could possibly go wrong ?

Last edited: September 29, 2018
    Felon82 likes this.
  11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's all set up nicely then hahaha

Gawd help us

bruski likes this.
  12. Big fran Guest

Shoe horned an extra centre half in I see. Great.

13. bruski

bruski Active Member

All spoken like true long suffering Yids
    Boy life is a roller coaster with our Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur.

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button