Last Seasons Open Letter from Levy

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 12, 2015.

Share This Page

1. A Honey New Member

I agree that it is about time for Mr levy to go! Anyone that can insist on a huge fee for one of our stars (i.e. proving that with his business hat on he uses our club as a 'selling club' for those more successful clubs) and then personally oversees the wasteful spend on players that the Manager had no previous courteous advanced knowledge about SHOULD BE A CANDIDATE FOR BEING FIRED and NOT THE NON-CONSULTED MANAGERS! He then reportedly managed to get himself a £500k rise - HOW? It is not only that, but Levy also (up to now) has overseen the negotiation of players who may have wanted to join the club, but his ridiculously alleged low offers have always meant the transfers did not materialise with the targets ending up going to rival clubs! We have seen and heard it all before and now our own home-grown managerial talent (Sherwood the latest) is now after some our home-grown and former home-grown talent that they had a hand in nurturing! JOE LEWIS - if you have any feelings for our club (which is now the laughing stock of not only the Premier League but throughout Europe) then appoint someone who is only a Chairman and not an interfering so-and-so! If you were a talented player being scouted by Spurs, and with their past track record of how players who have ended up at the Club have been treated, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO COME TO SPURS. The FANS would want you to come but we would not blame you for having 2nd thoughts on choosing a rival if you thought that you would be played out of position or sparingly! I AM IN MALAYSIA AND WOULD LIKE TO PROMOTE OUR CLUB IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD BUT IT IS MADE MORE DIFFICULT WITH THE FRUSTRATINGLY BAD AND MOCKING PRESS THAT WE RECEIVE BECAUSE OF OUR TEAM SELECTIONS AND CHOICE OF PLAYERS!

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

We qualify for Europe and for what?
    We never give it a go we play our reserves and promote to europe were incapable of beating any half decent second tier european side.
    And those saying we flirt with top 4 are living in cloud cuckoo land weve been in the CL once with a much better team and manager than we have now, and since then the teams around have been throuh transitions and are now stronger and moving away from us, we on the other hand have declined in personel and style.

Mattj78 and Lee butler like this.
  3. totcat New Member

I have read all the comments and both the levy in and out camps have good solid points and merit consideration not instant dismissal. I think we all agree that we are not having our dreams fulfilled at the moment and therefore something needs to change. to my mind Levy in or Levy out are not the only two options available to us, a third and possibly harmonising choice is looking possible Levy change. Levy has said that all the decisions with regard to transfers will be mopo's and mopo's alone to make and the recruitment of Paul Mitchell adds weight to this promise. If this is true then Dan the man can do what Dan does best and that's running a business. This is where the next problem raises it's ugly head, the English National Investment Company (ENIC) please note the investment company bit, Dan is just the chairman, a puppet for the puppeteer Joe Lewis. We have a multi-billionaire owner in Lewis but his toy, plaything and love is ENIC not Spurs, we are just another money making "cog" in that vast money making machine. Dan's first duty as enshrined in law is to look after the best financial interests of the shareholders and as such, unless he is instructed otherwise by the majority of shareholders, he must put profit before on field success. It is said that we are a well run profitable club, this however is wrong, we are a well run profitable business that happens to be a football club. we produce a healthy increase in ENIC's balance sheet every year through income and asset gains without them investing any "new" money, this is good for them but bad for us and unless the profit before success business model changes, we will always be the brides maid and never the bride.
    Things are afoot, all the pieces of the puzzle are coming into place and when "new" heart lane is built a perfect storm in our favour will appear. The profit before success model will have to change and evolve because only on field success will fill the stadium to the brim and ENIC, Lewis and levy know this. and this is why they have delayed the new ground, they have been waiting (at our emotional cost) until they are ready to take that next step. these are business men not fools and they are in business to stay in business and Lewis would do nothing that would harm his love, ENIC. We are nearly there and you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. all thing change in time and our time is soon very soon.

coys

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Bazza Guest

Demanding top four when there are 5 clubs chucking money away like its confetti is stupid. Wanting it is fine, but demanding it?
    The only reason these boo boys are moaning about not getting top four is because pundits and the like continue to make direct comparisons with clubs spending £100 million+ more than Spurs.
    Here's a rain check, compare Spurs with clubs spending £100 million or more less, you will find as far as the league goes they are top of that list.
    Spurs do we'll in the league with the turnover they have, cups carry a large slice of luck and Spurs haven't done as well as we might but again they haven't exactly shamed themselves.
    I find it incredible that for 10 years after they have their stadium built paying for it has been used as the excuse for under performing and people just accept that yet Spurs have climbed up the league under levy as well as financed the best training facility in the country and found the first £120 million for the stadium project and yet Spurs are failing under Levy.
    If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen, or at least shut the f#%k up and let Levy do his job.
    Love to you all
    Bazza.

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Bazza im more concerned in the fact we are declining, we have spent enough money in the last few years to be a proper top 4 contender and be playing with some style.

Look through our team there are more donkeys, boys, highly paid passengers than any genuine quality.

This is through piss poor recruitment re managers, dofs, scouts etc and also the constant buy potential for profit rather than what the team needs.

This is my gripe and after 14 years of watching us build steadily only to now go backwards n churn the sort of dire performances weve watched accumulate over the last 2 years this is wrong due to the incompetence of the board.

And lets get things straight here since ENIC took over the Premier League has never been more lucrative with regards to TV rights/Sponsorship/Tickets/Merchandise etc with such an increase in revenues and a club policy of never investing any money in the team just tinkering then of course were healthy financially only an utter fool could not be.

But all the time were falling short, were selling our best players, were then trying to replace with cheaper alternatives, the clubs around us and who we are chasing are getting stronger and stronger while Mr Levy & enic announce profits every year yet do nothing to remedy our decreasing position its like a constant slap in the face.

6. Bazza Guest

Fellon. For a start the fact that the premiership is making more money makes little difference to Spurs individually or in relationship to the rest of the league, all clubs are paid equally for TV rights apart from about £1 million or so per position the bottom club next year will be getting about £90 million this was our turnover not so long ago. For the last 14 years Spurs have been fighting clubs getting £50m or so from champions league and it has made a massive difference in the quality of player you can afford to pay.nthe goons wage bill was £166 million when ours was £96 million for get buying and selling prices for a moment and think about the £70 million difference each year, every year the goons are spending the equivelant of our wage bill plus the next biggest wage bill in the league (which happens to be QPR proving just spending doesn't work) and for what? So they can qualify for CL and get nowhere. Oh and and for the last 10 years or so to be a few points ahead of Spurs.
    Now think about this new stadium of ours, projected increase in turnover? About £70million. It won't all be profit but it's a start. And with Spurs £ for players efficiency that extra money will go a long way providing Levy hasn't cracked and just starts throwing it around like the rest of them.
    As far as selling goes, Levy resisted selling berbatov and we all know what happened there, he then resisted sell modric, same result, and he put a ridiculous price on bales head. He doesn't sell for profit he manages the exit of players that are determined to leave to the best situation for the club. A bit better than some other clubs do I might add.
    We bought in players that no one could fault at the time, not one pundit had a bad word to say about any of the seven bought in but they haven't all worked out (supprise supprise) now all the pundits and boo boys all say that the money was spent badly, how clever they are.. Soldado's performance has been shocking at any level which to my mind coupled with adebeyours unwilling efforts has been our main problem. From Levys perspective he signed one on the back of a good season for us and the other because he was undisputedly the best Spanish striker in the Spanish league. Both have been about as threatening as a fart in a thunderstorm and teams have played us knowing we are going to struggle to score hence the pressure on our defence. Then we have kaboul! What was that all about at the start of the season, by the time he was dropped I was convinced he was taking bungs to loose matches he was unberleivably poor compared to previously diner havining to step in too early for him just added to the problems.
    So we have a player crisis? No, we have an out of balance squad caused by seriously underperforming players that we have all seen do better in the past. Has it had a major devastating effect on our league status? Nope, 6th is 6th however you look at it. Is there a plan in place to improve the squad? Clearly yes. Is there a plan in place to increase our financial strength? Yes.
    Boo boys will never be happy that's what they do. Win the league and they will demand CL. Win that and they will protest if we come second in the league. They think it pushes the club forward when to me they are just noise that we could all do without.
    Levy knows his job, he's dragged us out the bottom half of the league, he's developed the clubs potential to create better players by use of the the new training ground he's paved the way for the new stadium and found the funds to make it happen and he's maintained Spurs in a position that however frustrating matches our current finances.
    This season is over for us, the players know that and they are under performing (probably trying to get out of EL in my opinion) let's see what next season brings, personally I can't wait to see all these new youngsters we have going into the side. We're going to be the fastest team in the league as well as the youngest. And probably win nothing. COYS.

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I agree with some of your points Bazza, but i was one of few who questioned soldados physical abilities to play lone striker in the EPL and i also questioned 30 mil on a prospect Lamela when a club of our size spends 56 million on 2 players youve got to do your homework on how they fit what role theyl assume and have they the character to deliver soon into their arrival.
    The Berbatov window where we got Frazier Cambell in return pretty much sums up our recruitment policies.
    A player Crisis? Who over sees all the business involving stock piling and not shifting sh;te players?
    So he squeezes every last penny out of every deal so f#cking what, im a Spurs Fan i want us competing/winning not ticking along and surrendering.
    14 years hundreds of millions spent 1 single outing in the CL which Levy set about dismantling the minute we looked like we were getting there.
    And wether u can keep top players or not if you get big money in then you improve your side with same or better quality this is where hes failed time and time again.
    Are you happy watchin the dross weve turned out last couple years? Happy at the hammerings taken? Happy at the points decline?
    Happy at the standard of our Defending?
    Happy we have senior players rotting on the bench stealing wages?
    Happy we have kids putting a shift in but not genuinly of the level to move us forward while in turn getting schooled by quality and experience?
    Happy with the Managerial merri go round?
    The scarce decent performances/results are highly out weighed by the embarrassment of watching this regurgitated sh;t week in week out.
    Same mistakes window after window, same excuses season after season, same actions repeated one big loop of back to square 1.
    14 years delivered next to nothing but a few league places.

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

If you buy a batch of Sh;te players and they perform Sh;te then indeed you have a player crisis, is that the players fault or the Guy who bought them?

9. sean1018 Guest

YES YOU CAN MARK

10. Lee butler New Member

The man is a **** he is a business man not a football man he has not got clue about players or tactics just look at the **** he has bought to the club . I've said it since he sacked redknapp which is a decision that still baffles me . Get rid of the director of football let the management sort out which players come in and out of the club who can run a team with players that are not really wanted . And as for poch not the man for sod a plan B I sometimes think he don't have a plan A . I'd like to see hoddle bought back in I no it didn't work out the first time but he talks so much sense also promote ledley and get sherringham back may also bring a bit of pride and Hart back to the club having people in charge that loved the club .

11. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Financial stability versus success ON the pitch.

Lee butler likes this.
  12. big fran Guest

Since taking over from Sugar Enic and levy to be fair have done a great job of stabilizing the club on and off the field. Financially one of the best run if not the best. But they have peaked,reached thier limit and to agree with felon currently going backwards on the pitch. Times time so thank u levy but pls let somebody else have a shot. By all means I am happy for Enic to stay on but levy at present is failing the club and fans!

Felon82 likes this.
  13. Big Mal Guest

There is so much guess work and conjecture on here by people who do not know how the club is run and therefore believe what they read in the papers. Does anyone seriously believe that Tottenham have spent £56m on Soldado and Lamela. There are so many add ons that the fee will get nowhere near the already exaggerated figures that appear in the press. Both players include international appearances and Tottenham qualifying for the CL; they also include appearances for Tottenham. If they leave in the summer, Tottenham will not have paid more than £24 in total for both of them. I read these comments about Levy being an amazing business man and penny pinching and failing to get players because Tottenham don't offer enough and then that we have paid £56m for Soldado and Lamela. Sorry, how does that work? (Just think for a moment. Levy sanctioned £56m for Soldado and Lamela? Did someone just write that on here? Wow.) Finally, get some action going like other clubs if so many of you want Levy out. I'm getting so bored of listening to it, but hearing no solutions, lots of threats of action and NOTHING happening. I know what the club are doing and how they are doing it, but if you feel so passionate - do something about what you believe in. (Btw it's Levy not Levi or Levey if you are going to produce a Levy Out banner.)

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

And the only time hes gone and done business like this is when he had a stack of cash from the Bale sale.
    And look how he wasted it wether its 56mil or 24mil still a complete waste of money badly thought out transfers again!
    And if he hasnt spent the amounts mentioned then why do we need to sell before we buy when according to your sums were up 32 mil still?
    The bloke is incompetent wether spending or not spending, heavily proven over 14 years and the last 4 windows have been a shambles showing hes lost the plot big time and is incapable of moving us forward.
    What do you cheer about how financially well run we are? Is there a spot in the honours list for this? Shall we have a party?
    Its Dull, Samey, Boring going slowly backwards and the majority of 'performances' have been an embarrassment to the shirt in recent times!

Mattj78 likes this.
  15. Big Mal Guest

So stop whinging and do something about it

16. Mattj78

Bazza, when we sold bale we spent 105 million pounds my friend. Letting levy do his job would be to turn our backs on the traditions of Spurs.

17. Mattj78

Has anyone noticed that Rodriguez has signed a new five year deal with Southampton today? Another player who doesn't want to sign for Spurs.
    Where will Benteke go? Not Spurs.
    You see, players simply don't see Spurs as being good enough to warrant going there anymore. That's we end up with the likes of Paulinho, Lamela, Chiriches.
    And levy sanctioned those signings so don't give me all this rubbish about him not getting involved in who the club sign.
    Redknapp wanted to sign a player from Atletico Madrid called Sergio Aguero. Daniel levy intervened and instead signed Louis Saha.
    Get it into your heads people that levy interferes T every level of your football club and until that stops we are going nowhere.

18. BigStew Guest

ALL you doom-mongers had better be VERY careful about what you wish for!!
    Levy out?? Oh yes, so let's have a USA cluster-f*** of an owner shall we?
    So who would you have buy OUR club? Stop & think before you get far worse than what we have!

19. big fran Guest

You do realize Levy isn't the actual owner don't you?

Felon82 likes this.
  20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Also whats the alternative?

Just keep ticking along in a never ending 'transition' of failure?
    4th 5th 6 th theres a pattern emerging!

We need new leadership at the top not the silent dictator whos-

'all about the books bout the books no honours'

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button