Kane gives Levy unfortunate New Year present

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, January 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Robspurs Guest

There is always pressure at The Lane, it's just that most of the time it is unrealistic. Looking at things as they are at the moment, Spurs are genuinely strong contenders for a place in the top four. Not the only ones, but we are in there. Suggesting that may in any way be a bad thing is ridiculous. Any pressure on the players to achieve more than they were expected to before this game is more than outweighed by the morale boost and winning mentality this victory will foster.

2. Pickleman1967

Pickleman1967 Member

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the January transfer window, it rarely means quality signings at a sensible price. The win against Chelsea was a massive (and unexpected) morale booster, I'm f*cking delighted to be basking in the glory of a win against them when I'd have been happy with a draw. Whatever else, this should give the team an increased sense of belief that they can beat top four teams, enough said lets enjoy the moment.

As I've said, not that bothered about the January window, but if we can get somebody like Schneiderlin then fine, and I'd be happy to swap Adebayor for the youthful promise of Berahino. I still think we need a quality CB, Faz and Verts have the stats to suggest a decent partnership, but I think Lloris covers a multitude of sins. I won't be crying if we don't spend big in January, the summer signings are always more important, I'm interested to see where Pochettino is going with this squad. Last time I posted I said the team looks to be shaping up, nothing here to change my mind about that.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button