It's Tragic you know

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, September 25, 2019.

Share This Page

1. voiceofreason Active Member

Hard to know how we played that game since Aurier decided to confirm his Jekyll and Hyde persona

Aurier ****,
    Hugo- he is no Cruyff!
    Erricssen, still not all there, first touch is poor and gets pushed off the ball easily
    Ndombele- some nice moves and stuck in there- work in progress
    Son- mom for us
    Winks- always gives his all
    Harry-pretty decent but different gameplay after Aurier left

good result, we didn’t end up being spursy, notwithstanding Loris’ best efforts

let’s continue the winning feeling on Wednesday

Bazza47 and Spurporter like this.
  2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Having criticised us for lack of effort I must hold my hand up today to say at last they showed some bottle.Agreed it should not have been so hard but can’t allow for Aurier indiscretions although I thought the referee over reacted and then once again Lloris showed why spurs should not play from the back. Agreed he made two excellent saves in the second half but he really is a liability with his distribution.Must give good marks today to Winks Sissoko Son and Kane and special praise today for Lamela who helped close the game out when Southampton were coming on strong.Lets hope we can carry this effort on to Bayern on Tuesday.But with all our troubles lately you could not make up the hard work we make of a straight forward game

Bazza47 and Spurporter like this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

How much longer do we have to suffer these serial clowns ?
    Aurier is ridiculous he's probably had as many Red Cards as he's had starts since joining us.
    Lloris is beyond a joke , I don't care if he made a decent save later all prem goal keepers can make good saves but not all keepers do Cruyff turns on their own goal line while a striker breathes down their neck, on the actual team performance he has a lot to thank Kane for saving his blushes.
    Just gone down to 10 n there he is our captain setting the bar for the rest to follow.
    You wouldn't mind if it was once in a blue moon but this guy is just a constant accident waiting to happen.

We need better full backs period , we need to stop sitting so deep , we desperately need pace injected into this side not just physical either we need quicker passing and positive movent badly.

The plus we dug in after doing our best to throw the game and went on to get the winner is the main thing, but performance wise barring N'dombele Son & Kane all very very average

Gordon Mc, Bazza47 and Spurporter like this.
  4. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Agree with all, have nothing to add, except one thing.

Poch is a highly emotional dude. That is good, all the best are. But he has so much influence on his lads, that his mood instantaneously rubs off them. It used to be good- he is disappointed, players are disappointed with themselves and start perform better. However, when the human waste named Mike provoked him, which sent him to the stands and Poch has became lost not knowing how to do, his team lost direction as well.
    But now, it is much worse. I believe, Poch is weighting on leaving. And that made his players unsettled. Not CE 0r Toby, they knew about them long ago, but Poch himself was and perhaps, still is unsettled. He has to learn to stay calm and fully concealed, even he might have been waiting for a call from MU or RM.

I root for those clubs to do well in the interim. If Poch is gone Spurs will be ruined and, although they, no question, will come back, a few seasons will be abysmal. I remember way too many.

Last edited: September 29, 2019
    Remy Uwilin likes this.
  5. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Wasn't able to make it today, so tablet watch time.

Agree that the fight was great, thought HK looked sharper and lifted the team.

When that Aurier first challenge went i, I thought it's going to be a testing afternoon for him. as it was it was only 5 minutes more - talk about a Curate's egg.

Hugo ..... Disaster waiting to happen every game. Poor.

Eriksen. Watched him closely. I've got a better first touch than him. Ran around, contributed nothing. Even the assist to Kane was a poor touch. Not good.

Sonny needs to get his confidence back. Needs a goal.

Tuesday a real test of the character of these players and MP. We will see. Not feeling too confident for sure.

COYS

Gordon Mc likes this.
  6. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

Fran - I got a loooong message from a mate last night re shenaningans at the club: one player (allegedly) involved in a trousers-down-skirt-up situation with another's wife, a huge dressing room bust-up as a result with another vitally important player getting involved, the (alleged) guilty swordsman player now on the wrong end of a refusal of a new contract from THFC, others taking sides, not talking to each other, the offended player was due to move to abroad but the situation led to other factors and the move was scuppered with him now "not in a good place" re playing for the team, Manager not able to do much about the whole show and he along with other players wants out ASAP - he's likely to head off in the Summer and take a couple of the headline acts with him. Individuals were named in the story but I'm not going that far on here. Maybe fact, maybe not, maybe exaggerated - who knows. I'm not hugely convinced but if you take the main actors in this Soap, it may go a distance in explaining their current profiles. Stranger things have happened.

Edited footnote - I'm seeing that Gareth Southgate is the preferred replacement for Poch if (when) he leaves. "No comment" is better than what I actually think, I guess.

Last edited: September 29, 2019
  7. Big fran Guest

Yeah I've had that message too. Can't see it but you never know

8. Cheshuntboy Guest

If your 'trousers-down' rumour is true, and a bit of extra mural activity is in the process of bringing 'the Project' to an ignominious end, it's quite a contrast to an (allegedly!) similar occurrence in the days of flared trousers and hot pants, namely the strange departure of Jimmy Robertson to Arsenal, in exchange for the unknown and hopeless David Jenkins. There's no doubt that we got the worst of the bargain, and Bill Nicholson struggled to find a winger as effective as Jimmy (spending vast sums - records in their day - on Roger Morgan and Ralph Coates, neither of whom really clicked), but at least the team didn't implode, perhaps because players could be shifted at the drop of a hat in those days, unlike today!
    As for Southgate as new manager, please don't let it be true, but given Levy's abysmal record of appointments, with nine to date (including Pleat's near-full season as 'caretaker' in 2003/04), of whom three were more or less successful, albeit without a trophy between them, and six more or less disastrous, the odds are that he's going to pick a dud, whoever he goes for.

Bazza47 likes this.
  9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If Gordon mc is correct about the rumour why has no one had their contract cancelled which would be logical whatever he is worth.Surely even levy hs more common decency than to leave the dressing room in that state.Hope the other rumour about Southgate is not serious as he was useless as a club manager please stick to England

Bazza47 likes this.
  10. voiceofreason Active Member

Personally I call BS on the punch up story. It was on another forum as well, with the similar “friends sent me an email etc.
    Pretty sure gutter press would have been all over this already. The other site reckoned it was just a piss take that got started when Verts had his black eye and was out of favour

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Do you think Moura banged Pochs Mrs that's why he doesn't get a game?

Bazza47 likes this.
  12. guesty Guest

you gotta love professional footballers! ha ha

13. burnt Well-Known Member

Well if he flatters to deceive as much between the sheets as he does on the pitch , Pochs Mrs is going to be disappointed ......

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call a brace at Old Trafford and Hatrick in the Semi final of the Champions Lg flattering to deceive , when was the last time Lamela Alli Eriksen etc did anything remotely that effective ?

Gordon Mc likes this.
  15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t often disagree with felon but Moura is an enigma when he starts with Kane and Son he is usually anonymous and easy to knock of the ball but when he comes on as sub he looks a world beater. I am not sure Pochettino knows where his best position is .He had the same problem at Paris and could not hold down a first team slot

16. burnt Well-Known Member

Wow , selective memory or what . Mouras had far more sh1t games then good ones regardless of what the others are achieving . All the other 3 have score far more important goals on their day then Moura , lol as if you don't know that . I'll take one of your lines and say " C,Mon Felon , your better then that " . Lol ..

Pamela , lol , we've done that one to death . I don't disagree with your views on him whatsoever . How he's still at the club after what he's contributed since he came I'll never understand .
    Eriksen has always been wishy washy , now he's just washy washy but it shouldn't be forgotten how important he was to the team . Almost everything came through him in some form . We've discussed it over the years how maddening it is that one of our most important players can go missing at any stage of the season for 6 or 7 games at a time . This on top of his customry slow start to the season . As for Alli , the golden boy , nobody has been more critical of him over the last few years on here then me . How many times have I asked , what is he . Hes not a striker but he doesn't have enough ability to play in any advanced position when he's not scoring regularly . He's definitely not a midfielder . He's a passenger , even at his best he's massively overrated and always has been . But all this is completely irrelevant to Moura who's massively inconsistent and more often then not hughly disappointing and this is the reason I never bought into the Champions League final nonsense hindsightarry that he should have started instead of Kane . All evidence would suggest he would have been far more likely to do nothing then to do something regardless of what he did in the semi . A one legged Kane would start before him all day , every day . If I remember correctly tho , I did have him down to start but it was instead of Alli , not Kane and even that was a 50/50 because more often then not , neither of them offer anything . At the end of the day sure it wouldn't have really mattered to you whether we won it or not . Surely you couldn't take much enjoyment out of a fluke like that .....

Last edited: October 1, 2019
  17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Not so much selective as pointing out when was the last time any of those aforementioned scored a brace Vs a top 6 side away ? Or a Hatrick?
    We know Alli CE & Lamela r shoehorned in at all costs whereas Mouras inclusion has been patchy at best from Poch.
    He has a good game and is rewarded with being snubbed for weeks because the serial failures play ahead of him and are rewarded with more games to dissapoint. How's he supposed to get form together?

Mouras stats even back it up in his 1st full season with us he scored more goals in the Prem than Lamelas last 4 years combined , doubled Allis total last year aswell playing just 7 games more, out scored Eriksen too in less games ....

Moura 5 CL goals aswell last year
    CE 2
    Alli 0
    Lamela 1

Moura was our 3rd top scorer last season if he's flattering to deceive then the rest are a disgrace

Last edited: October 1, 2019
    Gordon Mc likes this.
  18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well that was the AVBesque thumping we've just about fended off for a year.

What an absolute capitulation

I'd love some of the fair weather enjoy the ride fans to come on here now , the ones that get shirty when transfer windows are a shambles , that cry Leeds at the mention of money , that told us it could only get better .........

Won't do though because they'll be crying into their cockerel duvets

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I afraid you have just been proved correct they are a disgrace to the shirt.Never have I been so embarrassed by a spurs performance.Pochetino has to go now.I dont care what the media say he has lost the plot completely and it is clear the players don’t believe in him.Never has the transfer window shambles been shown up so drastically.Who the hell thought Aurier was a player .How much did he cost??? I assume pochetino had some input into the buys made.When we are 4 down we go gung ho and get truly spanked.Why was winks not subbed early as he gave the ball away every time he touched it.How have good players now become so bad and how has the best defence of 3 years ago now become a shambles.It must be down to the coaching or lack of it and a manager who is tactically inept.Trouble is a good manager watching that shambles would run a mile.I personally would beg Mourinho to take the job and sort one or two of the prima donnas out.Just watched Pochettinos after match comments and as much I admire his guts for fronting up he really does talk double dutch

Bazza47, Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  20. Guesty Guest

I've given up

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button