It's nearly time...What's your starting 11?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, July 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mick Guest

Surely Bentelab is the defensive midfielder and Lamela to play in midfield instead of Pritchard. We can find out how good the young players are in Capital cup and Europe League

2. Mickey Webb Guest

My team for the 2015/16 Premier League season:

Lloris;
    Tripper, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
    Bentaleb, Alli
    Eriksen, Kane; Pritchard
    Berahino / new striker TBC

3. Costanza Guest

I think the amount of stick Lamela gets is unjustified, he's become the scapegoat of the Bale money we wasted. Is it his fault we overspent on him? No. Bearing in mind last season was essentially his first due to injuries when he arrived and the (slight) improvement he made towards the end of the year I'm ready to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and let him have another season to prove his worth, we can make a judgement on him next summer.

4. Mick

Mick Member

Still feel Lamela can come good. Need t find out early season otherwise sell in January

5. Lyn highes Guest

Loris

Walker Jan Toby Danny
    Dembele Bentaleb
    Chads Eriksen Lamels
    Harry

And no room for anyone washing elephants!

6. Dublin Spur Guest

You've just reminded me of a post I saw on another blog a few weeks ago. It was the annual "We should sell X and he will bring in at least Y Billions and that will free up the cash to buy A who can be had for Green Shield Stamps" that many seem to indulge in every transfer window.

On one persons "sell" list was "Lamela £23 mill".

I raised the question, "If he's really worth £23 mill, why would we want to sell him"? Would it surprise you to hear that I am still waiting for an answer to that?

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. Dublin Spur Guest

I don't see him as the scapegoat. This is someone who scored 15 goals in a season in Serie A, and little else since at WHL, though he continues to play regularly for hos country. Therefor he can't be bad, but he has shown little at Spurs to make you think that he has what it takes.

8. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Lloris with broken hand? Whatever, the Mancs will win 3-1 .

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Not at all. I actually think youth should be given a chance. Spurs have the youngest squad in the premier league. 29 players with an average age of 24. I still think we need some more quality in the squad but why not give youth a chance if we have it? It didn't do Alex Ferguson too much harm did it?
    Today's youth can be tomorrow's stars so all I am stating is that maybe we need to take a calculated risk. I watched Pritchard a number of times last year and he has strength and agility and even though he is small height wise, he could be a real handful for defenders.
    Kane didn't set the world alight in any of his loan spells but once he got his chance he took it. Alli looks a positive player as well and these youngsters often show few inhibitions and that can be an advantage as uniteds youngsters proved so aptly. Yes, we need experience and with Eriksen, Lloris, verts in the team, why can't the youngsters come in and succeed? Maybe not straight away but why not?
    Southampton under Poch and more so last season showed that if you give youth a chance, they can deliver. Maybe that is what we need to do and I think it is what Poch is already doing.

10. Dublin Spur Guest

Is he still on the injured list? I read somewhere that he was on the US trip?

Of course if you listen to Hoddle, he will tell you that it could be good for Spurs to meet Manure first game, because they "MIGHT" be slow starters again. I would love Hod to give an opinion where he doesn't qualify it with a "MIGHT, MAYBE, POSSIBLY etc. During the meantime, in the best traditions of Hoddle, I am going to say that the game COULD be good for Spurs because Manure might be struck down by a virus that affects players wearing red shirts.

Mattj78 likes this.
  11. JJ Faust Guest

You're a fool. This would MAYBE only be our starting 11 in a preseason friendly against some poor middle eastern country's national team. I agree with all who say that Poch will only use a 4-2-3-1. Personally my 11 is
    GK- Lloris
    Back 4 -Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
    Holding M's - Mason, Bentaleb
    Attacking M's - Chadli(left), Ericksen(center), Lamela(right)
    ST - The hurriKANE

Of course everyone has there own opinions. I feel this is going to be our best squad once it's developed to the next level of Poch's philosophy. Regardless, I can't wait to spank Man United Aug.8th with the squad our manager chooses!!! We may not finish 4th this season, but I think if the right players develop and blossom, I have faith we can win the Europa League trophy!
    COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. Fatspurs Guest

Dier in midfield might be a masterstroke by poch, can you imagine him and dembele in mid to give us that steel.
    .................................lloris............................
    Yedlin......Toby...............vert.............rose
    ..........................dier................................
    ..................................dembele..................
    .................lamela.........eriksen................
    .........................Kane............................
    ................................Hernandez....................

Mattj78 likes this.
  13. Slickahmed Guest

.........................Kane........................Chadli.......
    .....Pritchard...................Eriksen...Townsend
    ............Lamela.........Mason............Alli............
    ......................Bentaleb....................Dier...........
    ..Rose................................Tripper...Davies......
    ......Vertonghen...Alderweireld.....Wimmer....
    .........................Lloris.......................Vorm........
    ••{4-3-3}•••••••••••XI•••••••••••••••••••VII••
    Add to the McCarthy & Salah. Champions league here we come

14. Fatspurs Guest

We could play Pritchard,alli,mason,bentalab,trippier,Davies,caroll,Townsend but we would be no better than the other teams below us. The reason we finished higher than Southampton and the others is because we still had special players such as eriksen,dembele,Kane,lloris these are the players that make the difference. You never going to win the league with reliable steady players we need to buy players with a bit of spark.

Mattj78 likes this.
  15. Dublin Spur Guest

I think you are right about giving youth a chance. I know we have discussed this before, but to me, our best hope of regular CL football is tied up with the new stadium (Yes. I know the sign says "Free Beer Tomorrow")

Apart from Manure, we have a relatively soft start to the season. In my opinion, if we can't capitalise on this, then come matchday 2 the EL, is where we should be aiming our guns. Our next games after Manure, are Stoke., Everton, Leicester and Sunderland, which are games we win more often than not. If we can't do the business against these teams, then we can take it as read that unless two of our five challengers screw up pretty badly, there will be another season with CL unless we challenge for the EL

Mattj78 likes this.
  16. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

But other than revenue what guarantee is a new stadium of success. It took Arsenal years to win a trophy in the new stadium and before they moved they were already a regular champions league team whereas we are not. We may get more revenue but if we can't offer champions league football it is irrelevant whether the stadium holds 60 thousand or fifteen thousand isn't it?

Felon82 likes this.
  17. totcat New Member

Whatever team formation and tactics Mopo decides apon I will back ,we have all urged levy to back him in the transfer window, so we must back him from seasons start. I want us to win everything and loose nothing but our "spursy" tag. I challenge Mopo & co to create a team we can all be proud of and play our football with style and a flourish, when I walk out of the lane I want to feel that was money well spent, whatever the score. For me the result, win, loose or draw (win is best) is less important than the way we play. So for this season all I really want is for us to play our game the Tottenham way.

18. philip c New Member

loris
    walker vertonghen aldervireld rose

borlasie eriksen mccarthy salah

berahino kane

provided we can get them!

19. Dublin Spur Guest

I remember when we used to strive to attain mediocrity, reading the comments "If only we could could offer them European Football. Then they would sign for us". When we still failed to sign these players, we were told, "If only we could offer them CL football". Then Manchequebook City who were not in the CL offered silly money, and players had no problems signing for them.

Money doesn't guarantee success of course. If it did, Mark Hughes would still be Mancs Manager. However, it allows you to pay for a lot of mistakes while you are getting that success. We are currently the sixth largest wage bill in the PL at just over £100 mill. Arse's bill is 4th highest but is 50% higher than ours. So if a player has to decide between us and them, yes, he will have CL football, but he will also probably earn 50% extra in his wage packet. But if the choice silly money or CL, there are plenty are plenty who will scream, "show me the money".

Somehow, I find myself surprised at your question. Do you think that Chelsea etc would be so dominant if they lived on our budget? Before Mansour came along, 9th 16th 8th 15th 14th 9th 10th were the finish positions of Mancs which is almost average 12th place. Do you seriuosly want to suggest that Macs success has nothing to do with the money?

totcat likes this.
  20. big fran Guest

Bearing in mind that its an opening fixture v a team I expect to challenge for honours away from home and assuming Pritchard is not
    Fully fit id go with tried and tested experience. Lloris walker Jv Toby rose dembele(fresh start) bentaleb eriksen chadli lamela/Townsend and Kane.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button