Irrational hatred and nonsensical bar setting

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, December 29, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Big fran Guest

When you get a chance pls read my comments again. I've based my opinion from what I have seen from day one Jose to what I see today! Not one game.

Felon82 likes this.
  2. THFC Guest

You said “For me, Jose was brought in to stop a side heading towards relegation and somehow try and rescue European football. Damn near got us CL given the injuries to kane and Son. He was the right man then and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise”. This following a 3-0 win...I may be wrong but did you post anything similar after the previous 4 games? If not, I was guessing it was off the back of a return to decent results for us after beating Leeds...I didn’t say it was based on 1 game only.

So, Leeds, Utd, City, Soton and Arsenal results aside, are you happy we have the right man? I’m not saying he isn’t by the way, I had doubts at the start but want to give him the full season to stamp his mark. I am not happy with the way we are playing though as think we sit way too deep and love a long ball which 9 times out of 10 hands over possession. I just wonder how given our performances (not results) last season and this season so far, how you can say “He was the right man then and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise”. I would argue we haven’t seen a great improvement to suggest he was or is the right man yet? I hope he is, I like our current league position and the opportunities we have in the cups but we have won nothing yet and could finish anywhere in the top 10 based on current teams and performances. Will you still think the same if we don’t win anything or finish in the top 4 and have played all season like we have? I’m happy to sacrifice any kind of decent to watch football if it pays off but there is a fair way to go yet before we find out.

3. Big fran Guest

Show me quotes I've commented otherwise.

4. THFC Guest

In that case, I really hope that you are right as it would be great for us to finally actually win something. If we don’t win anything, does that mean that you won’t be turning into an anti JM on here and will continue to think he was and is the right man for us? There are lots of people who loved Poch initially and now rattle on about him in a negative way despite the great job he did (IMO). In a lot of cases, those same people now love JM....it will probably be those who turn on him if we win nothing so would be interesting to hear your view if our season turns out to be cupless and 8th (although as I said I really hope that is not the case as I like JM and really want CL football and a trophy for us like most people).

5. Jose's Ghost Guest

You're far too polite to a fellow who can't be arsed reading your posts but expects you to read his twice?

Hilarious

Save your breath... you're 100% right

6. Big fran Guest

I'll be no more anti Jose than I were and poch, redknapp or anyone else for that matter. He's come in with a set of targets I'd expect and they're not adhered to he will move on like any other. I've no problem with that. That's the game isn't it. What I don't do is get too emotionally involved with players or managers for that matter as the only constant is the fans. Poch did well. I wish him well at PSG I'm sure he'd win something there. His target obviously will be the CL and if he falls horribly short the axe will fall there also as it will Jose at spurs. If it does happen at spurs another man will come in and I'll get behind him also especially if his record is anywhere near impressive as mourinho.

7. THFC Guest

Should have kept Walker-Peters

8. Big fran Guest

I thought Mane ripped him a new one to be fair but some poor finishing by his standards.

9. THFC Guest

I thought he did pretty well given Liverpool spent 90 mins attacking yet only managed 1 shot on target...if Aurier or Doherty were playing it would have been 1-1 thanks to a late penalty

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Would rather we had Hojbjerg in midfield than KWP as full back

11. THFC Guest

True

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button