Inter director flies to London as Spurs target three new players

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, December 24, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    The winter transfer window hasn’t even opened yet, but the rumour mill is well underway and to no surprise, Spurs are dominating the back pages as Mauricio Pochettino aims to cut his bloated squad down by removing the deadwood.

Yesterday we reported that there may be exits for Younes Kaboul, Eric Dier and Erik Lamela – depending on other deals Spurs are able to do. Today, emerging reports suggest that midfielder Paulinho is another player who could leave the club in January, but more importantly for Tottenham, his exit could pave the way for new key singings.

Bye to the Brazilian Lampard?

Billed by Baldini as are our answer to Fat Frank, the only link Paulinho seems to have with Lampard at present is that both of their club futures seem uncertain. The 26-year-old has only played just 110 minutes of Premier League football this term, being used primarily in the Europa League, and has been consistently linked with a return to former club Corinthians.

Now, The Daily Mirror and Sky Italia report that Inter Milan have expressed their interest, with Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio flying out to London to secure a deal. Inter however, only want to take Paulinho on loan until the end of the season, before making the deal permanent in the summer for a fee of £12m.

Interest from Inter may also be rivalled by Brazilian champion Cruzerio, who are also hoping for a loan-then-transfer deal. Cruzeiro director Alexandre Mattos told Radio Italia: “Paulinho is a loan deal that can happen. Although, Tottenham have been unclear whether they will be willing to loan the player. However if Paulinho does have possibility to leave [White Hart Lane], he will first think of Cruzeiro.”

Whether Spurs are open to such a loan deal remains the sticking point, with Tottenham thought to favour a sale if money is on the table in January. However, a loan deal could still free up funds for the club, as Spurs would demand that any side wishing to loan their number eight, would have to contribute to his £60,000 a week wages.

Where do we reinvest?

If Paulinho bows out of Spurs, The Mirror confirms many press reports that Spurs are taking serious interest in West Brom’s Saido Berahino. Pochettino is said to be desperate to bolster his attacking department and Berahino may fit the bill, albeit for a fee of £25m.

Website Sporting Witness also confirm Inter’s interest in Paulinho, they however think Spurs will use any fee gained to fund a move for PSG’s Yohan Cabaye. Widespread reports in France suggest that Cabaye is less than thrilled with his time in the capital, feeling badly treated by coach Laurent Blanc, who uses the player sparingly and not at all in the big games.

Sporting Witness believe both the interest and the transfer could be extremely plausible for two reasons. The first is that they see France Football as an extremely reliable media outlet, while the second is that Cabaye would be interested in a move in order to get more playing time.

PSG our feeder club?

Along with Cabaye, another PSG midfielder has been linked with us – this time the familiar face Adrien Rabiot, although this move may only be a loan deal. In a story that has been gathering speed for a few months, L'Equipe are reporting that Rabiot may be join us on loan in January, with an eye towards a permanent move in the summer.

Rabiot and his parents are currently both frustrated and disillusioned with the lack of playing time given to the Frenchman, with Spurs, Arsenal and Roma keen to take advantage. Despite his age Rabiot certainly fits the profile for a Pochettino player, as he is an athletic defensive midfielder who is adventurous in his passing.

Keen to prove himself in one of Europe’s top leagues, the 19-year-old could be the perfect fit for Spurs at present, who are resigned to lose Nabil Bentaleb to the African Cup of Nations.

2. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Cant believe how many players have passed over the radar. I'd sell Paulinho, Naughton, Dembele, Holtby - as much as I like Lewis, his sale would get us some money - and bring in the likes of Dzeko, Jovetic, Mirallas from Everton - all players with quality, abnd BPL experience, and all out of favours at the current clubs. Get those, top four would be likely with another CB coming in - Barzagli from Juve would be favourable

3. big fran Guest

I'm a massive fan of miralles and would be a great signing as would cabaye. I cannot see the Schneiderlin deal coming off until the summer but arsenal seem to have stolen a march on that one. Berinho looks massively over priced to me but certainly bags of potential. I feel we are still a centre half short so maybe dier will stay and fight for his preferred position. Also I still feel we are very lightweight and inexperienced in cm with as well the young lads have done there I don't seem much room for them to progress much in particular mason at 24yrs. Be interesting to see exactly how much is available when you consider the net spend over the last 3/4 yrs and the amount of deadwood to flog plus dembele who I really do rate but poch clearly does not so if the board and us fans back him unfortunately will also move on!! My Xmas wish list for a new team lloris walker dier vertonghen Davies Schneiderlin cabaye Kane eriksen miralles bony/benteke to dare is to do!!

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Sell- Naughton Rose Poorlinho Adeycantscore soldadwarf Yousless-Kaboul Crapo, Chiriches

Buy- Some actual talent

5. Ollie Guest

Would love to see Cabaye in our midfield. We need another more defensively minded player in there too, just not sure who or what is available

6. Billy G Guest

sell Chicheres, Rose, Kaboul, Paulinho, Stambouli, Capoue, Adebayour , Ekotto
    sign Cabaye, Bony, Shaw, Vidic, Delph

7. SpudILike Guest

Dzeko? There's more chance of hell freezing over than us signing him. Besides Dzeko is not out of favour, he leads the City line during Ageuro's frequent injury absences.

8. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be selling Lewis, id be bringing him back.Lots of praise for Mason this year and theres no doubt that he has lifted the MF but the truth is that he doesn't bring anything that Holtby doesn't bring except that Holtby does it better. Links to Cabaye would be interesting because although we have spent heavily on CMs we are still a bit soft in that dept. That said I dont expect much activity during the jan window

9. Nidal Guest

Vidic??! That's an amazing shout! I'd love to see him take charge of our defence and he'd be an incredible mentor to Dier.

10. Artistrunner New Member

sell Rose, Kaboul, Adebayor, bring in to Help Our two goal scorers Martinez or Ronaldino if fit ;)

11. Marvin Guest

Mason can be better than Carrick and Carrick is credited with running the Manu midfield ever since he left us. Mason is doing well as a 'new to pl level' player just needs a year or two of pl experience to up his game to that level.

12. big fran Guest

Hope he can but to only break in the team at 24 and not tearing any trees up I really can't see it. Carrick was never replaced until partly by palacios and then modders. Top drawer player IMO who was very underated by the English fans and media and his trophy cabinet would
    reflect this!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button