In the past we would have lost again, but this Spurs team is different

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, January 16, 2016.

1. Big fran Guest

So this WK we actually gained a point on the league leaders. Not all bad is it chaps!☺
    Tough game for the Goons again v Chelsea next sat and a winnable game for us at palace. Hopefully a new face will be added by then.

2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Morning All.

Post weekend thoughts...

- Good result for us and the draws for Leicester and the Gooners was great news. Pity Palace leaked 4 against Sheik City.
    - Having watched all of MOTD, and some twice, there are no better teams than us in the PL. Gooners are the most dangerous for me, given Sheik City's adversity to travelling away.
    - The importance of taking 3 points from top teams. We led at Leicester late on, only to share the points, two wasted there. We dominated the Gooners for over an hour and similarly wasted two there. Add those to our 39 and take away the points from the two fellow aspirants and we would be top on goal difference.....as they say it's a funny old game....

So we are good enough, but if you're like me I've got the willies about DL not seeing how close he is to taking the Premier League and failing to deliver fresh legs....to all of us it's the easiest decision he will ever make. Come on Chairman please, please give us a late Christmas pressie.....
    COYS

Felon82 and Nomadico like this.
  3. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Bazza, I am sure every body on here shares your thoughts about the striker,Alas I am not sure Levy shares the same,There is no doubt Poch has given a list to him,but there is still that problem that it takes two to tango,if the other club chairman refuse to do business what then?????If it turns out that the reason no one came in was down to Levy haggling over a few Euros then he has his head up his rear end and should be told so..I will reserve my judgement until the window is closed...COYS.

Bazza47 likes this.
  4. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Looks like Liverpool have signed themselves yet another striker, someone called Steven Caulker.

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. guesty Guest

For me...if we buy a striker...it should be someone who can replace Kane! ...by that I mean I don't want a back-up...I want a top striker who is as good or better than Kane. someone who will come to us looking to be the no.1 striker. someone who is going to push Kane to be better. someone who can play alongside or with Kane (as twin strikers if needed).
    My guess is that Pochy feels a similar way....so I don't expect any panic buying

(NB - anyone read the RVP story! ...that would be funny. ....and certainly a talking point!)

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Big fran Guest

I fear we will miss out on berahino as Newcastle seem to be throwing thier money around doing business early. They are much improving draw crowds of potentially 50+ thousand and he will go there as first choice in his preferred CF role.

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong Fran,Berahino would fit well into our team?the problem is I do not think there chairman will do business with us,unless we meet his stupid price,the bar code's might pay it as they are desperate,time is running out for Levy to act..COYS.

8. Big fran Guest

Perfect for us. If he had that chance lamela had first half v Sunderland when Davies played him in your looking at him fun shiny with his trademark henry-esque right footed instep curler into the top bin. Would back him to finish one or two more Of the chances lamela has missed of late and that's nothing against the Argentine that's just fact... I've been impressed with the boy but he just isn't weighing in with the goals required of his ability.
    Peace will do business with the highest bidder or those that match the price tag. Its clear for all to see that spurs have yet to to match that value and have to be prepared to miss out if they continue to fall short.
    The problem is this. There aren't too many options out there especially on these shores with Austin already snapped up.
    Reported interest in Dembele while an exciting prospect the step up to the prem is massive to say the least. The same applies to Yidder from Toulouse not to mention the settling in period and culture shock..

Mattj78 and Nomadico like this.
  9. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Fran, If I understand you correctly,would you consider the WBA price to be a good one and that we should pay it???????I want a striker just like you but at the price that's right and fair for Spurs,He is a good player I have no doubt,but at 23-25mill is over the top...COYS..

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Bazza47

Not feeling positive Nomadico, given it's probably 5 or 6 January transfer windows I've been waiting for a miracle..

11. Bazza47

I'm not sure a player who has been warming his harris for much of the season is worth £25m, given that he seems to have an attitude problem...

12. guesty Guest

if Berahino is £23+million......we are being robbed. ....to be honest if its half that I would question it.
    the lad just hasn't played or produced this season to warrant that. ....no matter what has cuased that....that is the simply truth.

knowing Levy we have offered £10m...and I would probably agree with that sort of figure
    If WBA won't sell that is their choice. they can keep a player who doesn't really want to play for them

Nomadico and Bazza47 like this.
  13. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I agree with you both, even at 10-15 I would go for it, his attitude is ok,he is just being awkward because of what the chairman did to him,as you pointed out Guesty why keep a player in the team who hate's being there,madness on there part take the 15mill and get rid of him..COYS

14. Bazza47

Thoughts....

Having just scored the winning goal in the corresponding Sunderland tie last season, Erik the Dane was responsible for winning goals in 6 of our 22 games, plus one in a drawn match, 19 points in total, more than half of the 37 points gained by game 22.....interesting. He probably is the one disappointment so far this season. With a better performance Sunday let us hope he gets back to that form. It might just make the difference for us and help us push on to better things.....COYS

Nomadico likes this.
  15. Bazza47

Okey dokey then let's go for it and not even worry about the money, as for us fans it's only going to be upside isn't it...COYS

16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

On Sunday he played he best position,may be that is why we had a better game from him,I hope he continues to score,better still I hope he play's more killer balls into Kane..

17. Nomadico Well-Known Member

The rat pack are talking of a swap deal with Townsend going up to the bar codes and there young player Perez to us,any thoughts people????It seems the fans up there are not keen on the idea?COYS

18. Big fran Guest

Yeah I think he's worth it tbh..
    Its a sellers market with all the TV money knocking about isn't it.
    Wba don't want and need to sell although I'm in no doubt Pullis does as he knows the perils of keeping an unhappy player but wants the best price.
    They know we are desperate for a front man and MP has said he prefers to sign experienced prem players. Everything is in the baggies and of course you have to pay more than what a player is worth if the selling club don't want to sell...that's the nature of the football.
    Now, the ends really in all transfers justifies means and its what you think u can achieve and also actually achieve it.
    If spurs baulk at the asking price to prove a point but come may miss out on a CL spot what point have they proved.
    If I liked the player which I'm sure the club do and I think he's the difference then yeah I'd sign him.
    Benteke went for in access of 30m and can't get a game due to his lack of adaptability/technical ability.
    Afobe and Naismith are 10m players and people think berahino isn't worth anymore than that? Really?
    Romelu lukaku who had a similar record at wba and deemed not good enough for Chelsea went for £28m two yrs ago and has fulfilled that potential and risk Everton taken. Wilfried bony £30m need I go on?
    Regarding his attitude I'm seeing a player on the bench each WK not thru lack of ability let's be honest with each other eh guys and makes no noises comes off the bench playing out of his favoured position to inferior players gets cup tied in the process and still contributes!! I don't see the fuss.

Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.
  19. Nomadico Well-Known Member

A good post Fran,I am sure it is not Pulis who is holding back but there chairman?It has been the case with our player's,Bale,Modric,Berb,we set the price and the idiots paid up,the regret is the money was wasted,I agree that we should pay a price for what we need but when it turns to greed I do not agree,alas we were guilty also...COYS

20. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Just a thought,what do you all think will happen if we DO NOT get in a striker??Do we already have enough cover with Son,Niji,and Mason and the other break through player's???We all hope a new striker arrives but as each day passes I worry it will not happen until the summer,will it cost us 4th??may be not if the player's step up,a big if I know but may be they can.what are your opinions guy's??????COYS..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button