HSV representatives in London

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by James McC, August 29, 2014.

Share This Page

1. James McC

James McC Member

Twitter:
    JMcCarthyLIVE
    Holtby joined Spurs for just £1.5million in the January transfer window of 2013, but has admitted that he may need to leave in search of first team football and he looked set for a return for a return to his native Germany after former Spur Rafa van der Vaart recommended the 23-year-old to Hamburg.

He impressed in pre-season but has not appeared in the starting line-up of any Premier League team this season, with Aaron Lennon and Nacer Chadli being preferred in the creative 3 next to Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen.

After being shipped out to Fulham on loan last season, Holtby’s officials met with that of Hamburg to discuss a potential deal according to reports.

Money Talks
    Yet at the same time, Goal.com have claimed that Hamburg boss Mirko Slomka has been priced out of a move for the former Germany U21 captain, with Daniel Levy driving a hard bargain for any outgoers this summer.

"Holtby is a class player," Slomka told Bild. "That is not up for discussion.

"But I do not know if it is economically feasible."

Hamburg toyed with relegation last season but have invested this season and spent over £20million on the likes of Johan Djourou, Valon Behrami and Pierre-Michel Lasogga.

Holtby remains certain that he wants to fight for a place at Tottenham but admits that first team football is a must:

"We're just going to have to see what happens in the next few days and weeks," Holtby told t-online.de.

"I'm a young player and I want to be playing all the time. That's very important for me, for my development and for my career."

Holtby’s contract with Spurs expires in 2018, and he clearly loves the club:

"Preferably, I would stay here with Tottenham of course and that's why I really hope that I get a chance," he added.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button