He's Magic ... er noooo

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, August 26, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

....I wasn't suggesting that the 5 were of the same level....clearly some are better than others.
    my point was that given a regular run of games to gel as our best available team....those 5 wouldn't be in it before the other 5
    And I just think Kane wants to see the better players playing together....as surely do we??

Yes you can argue that sometimes Kane, Alli and Eriksen go quiet in games......but I'd look at who is playing alongside them at the time.
    For me...play the best team and the best players will turn up

2. Thomas Guest

Fully agree with you that Moura isn't a mid-table team player and on the same level as Lamela. Moura almost single-handedly got us into the UCL final last season and turned up when the team needed him even though sometimes coming on late in the game.

Kane turns back and should be wondering why Lamela and not Moura is playing.

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't think Pochettino knows how to manage a squad , he's turned into the ultimate tinker man except his constant tinkering is self inflicted rather than tactical because he runs players into the ground until they're injured/tired/injury prone and then has to juggle the stock pile of supposedly 'utility' players he 'likes' who excel at nothing which creates this error prone dull incoherent football.
    His squad management along with recruitment has been woeful with any ideas how to build or move forward he's been overtaken and left behind by Pep & Klopp and before Pochs body guards come on here talking about money while Klopp was buying Mané & Salah for 70 odd million we were buying Sanchez and Sissoko for the same amount so let's not play the poor Poch against the odds card.

His game has slipped badly , his in game management has always been woeful as soon as the tide slightly turns , his squads injury levels are appalling , a large number of his signings have failed , his favourites are always chosen at the detriment to the team in many instances , positions within the squad have been continuously neglected.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  4. P reed Guest

Totally agree with all felons comments that is why when he does eventually move to a bigger?? Club he will win nothing and all his worshipers will have to have a rethink

Felon82 and Gordon Mc like this.
  5. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

For a Spurs fan this season there is a simple reality in life, which is that when you go into an away game against the top 5 contenders, you have no expectations. I didn't at City, at the Gooners, I won't for the Scousers, Manure and Chelski. None.

You can't have the likes of Sanchez in your side and hope to succeed, nor for that matter Rose. Sanchez was a car crash, Rose in part at fault in both Gooner goals.

Kane, Son, Lamela and Eriksen combined well for our first. Why exactly didn't Xhaka get booked for the Son penalty, why Ffs?

Contrast the introduction of Ceballos and Lo Celso. I'm worried for him already, a lightweight Lamela play alike we don't need.

And why oh why bring on Dele and not Moura, why?

It could and should have been so much better, but we are Spurs, and we are Spurssy.....it's going to be painful this season, for sure.

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

On the button post there Baz. I alluded to the Xhaka biz - and plenty more sins that weren't punished- in two words concerning Atkinson. I've not seen, ever, a game where Xhaka has played and shouldn't have been carded red or yellow - he's a thug, simple as that, along with Sokratis, Kolasinac and the excreble Torreira. However, those four didn't cost us the points - it was our failings once more, in Poch's selection, poor performances and strange tactics. I'm getting a bit down posting more or less the same stuff over and over but I see nothing else to comment on. I despair yet again.

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  7. palmover Active Member

I agree with Felons last post, Mp has been at spurs for 6 seasons and still hasn't put together a winning formula. He will use an assortment of Am's playing narrow, with the width coming from the full backs, which didn't win anything when spurs had the players to play that way and won't now that spurs have inferior fb's.

Lots of players get stick on here, however, Verts and Toby seem to get off lightly. When was the last time they kept a clean sheet? i rate them, however, they don't seem to have that grit to see it out and both lack vocal leadership, VVD is easily the best Cb in the league, because, he has an aura which toby and verts lack.

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

It's certainly true to say that Toby and Verts have fallen away, as age catches up no doubt, although having two dodgy full backs and a constant tinkering from MP sure don't help.

Felon82 likes this.
  9. Big fran Guest

The season is looking a disaster already. No right bk, Fallings out and injury hit already. Next summer we lose Jan Rose Toby eriksen all for FREE. So before we even contemplate strengthening the areas needing they have to be replaced. It needs an even bigger war chest this summer would have needed had we addressed the issues now rather than then. With statement of intent now maybe one or two of the above would have signed extentions meaning less issues next summer of you follow. I'd write top 4 off and integrate parrot tanganga sessagnon white an Skipp now ready for next season and if they are good enough then possibly need less recruitment in the near future.

10. Spurporter Well-Known Member

24 September against Colchester we should see all, if Sessegnon is fit by then.

11. Big fran Guest

That will be the starting point but I'm looking beyond that. First team regular football in particular sess and tanganga.

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Jeez if Toby Jan n CE go on frees this ahead of schedule project will be so far behind it'll of gone full circle and then regressed

13. Big fran Guest

It's gone from a summer that needed 3 top signings of intent. Bissaka pepe ndombele. To a complete rebuild. Two centre halves two full bks a no10 and another attacker. That's before you even look at thickening a squad. What we talking 300m. Then you have to bed them all in. It's madness. It's spursy.

14. Spurporter Well-Known Member

They will sign and will stay, as I predicted. Why would they go? To try something new? Really? Isn't it a code for "better wages"? It is cheaper for Levy to pay each 250 per week for each 3 or even 4 year contract than find and buy a suitable replacement that may or may not be adequate. I think Spurs will let them both talk to probable suitors in January and then will match any offer. Do they want to win CL? Sorry ManCity wasn't interested in neither one. Any European club that may get close to winning CL may only offer them a place on the bench. With Poch they are all a guaranteed starters. So you get a chance to be paid, to be played and winning is up to you.

15. Rob Guest

Hi, I realise I'm on the wrong thread but I've never done this before and am wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of getting tickets for the Spurs vs Southampton game? I live in N. Ireland so don't have any contacts in London and don't want to get duped by some fake internet site. Can anyone help?

Thanks

16. palmover Active Member

Expect a tough game, C.P are tough opponents and are dangerous on the counter. Don't know what to expect from spurs in terms of team selection, however, i hope for fluid football with slick one touch passes.

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Excellent 1st half best we've played in a long while

Bazza47 and Spurporter like this.
  18. voiceofreason Active Member

Great result. That’s the spurs we love

Imagine what the nld score would have been with Aurier instead of Sanchez. I thought he played great

Son was everywhere and Harry did some nice touches and played for the team

Bazza47, Spurporter and Felon82 like this.
  19. palmover Active Member

MP has never won at the Arse so even if Serge had played a spurs victory would be unlikely. I do agree that serge is the best RB at the club.
    Everything fell into place getting the early goal and then another, leading 2-0 after 20mins, made a potentially hard game a stroll in the park. Son, Lamela, Winks and sisoko all had good games sisoko played some sweet passes to break the lines.
    Toby passed with accuracy and speed over long distances creating chances and picking out the fb early with the diagonals.
    Good win, hopefully the first of many.
    Was that 11 spurs best or is there a better 11 to come when the others are fit? will mp work out the best 11 and play them to their strengths? time will tell

Bazza47 likes this.
  20. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Good win, hopefully this is a catalyst that we needed to kick start our season. The urgency was there for the get go. Vert and Toby at the back to me, that's a no brainer. We haven't played at this level for a long time, now it's up to the team & MP to keep that consistency!

Bazza47, Spurporter and Felon82 like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button