Have we blown Top 4?

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Felon82, March 10, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Glint New Member

I had a premonition...
    Beat City.
    Beat Juve in the semi.
    Finish 4th in PL.
    Arsenal 5th.
    Lose CL final.
    Arsenal win Europa and nick our CL place for next year.
    ...Spursy.

2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

You've got to beat the best to be the best....and it's a funny old game - City,Juve, Barca, to win it....definitely at the top table lads.....COYS

3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Nooohhh

4. palmover Member

City are beatable but you have to be prepared to fight to beat them, and that is something this current spurs team hasn't shown much of this season.
    MP is a fitness based coach so it surprises me he doesn't have more athletic players. The best spurs team under MP had speed, strength and guile this team is not as strong and not as fast.
    Slowly but surely after 5 years of MP spurs seem to be back to where we started in terms of team quality.
    These are the games where i wished spurs had a fast FB as city seem to always get a goal through trippiers lack of pace, also city always run rings around Dier in midfield.
    The one bright spot is that cities CB's can be got at and if Mp can get the tactics right, spurs can score and goals change games. City are favourites so losing to them doesn't do much harm, accept that players who have ambition to win thing's might want to join a club that has the same ambition as them.

5. Big fran Guest

For us to beat City over two legs is a near on impossible task.. I don't fancy us on a one off game tbf. A few years ago we seemed to have their number for a short period as Liverpool do now. You have to match their work rate and as someone states above our team seems to lack the pace and energy to do so. Liverpool have a front three that all press high together and three work horses in centre mid. We have too many who like to play between the lines.

bruski likes this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Once again at this level it comes down to tactics especially over 2 legs , if at full strength our 1st 11 isn't that inferior but it does rely on the correct attitude/application/game plan.

The nicey nicey, we gave it a go naivety needs to go and be replaced with a steely do your jobs mentality.
    In game action/reaction from Poch & Players, no languid starts or customary early goals

And we might have a chance

7. Big fran Guest

I'd put a tight bk four together with the full bks given zero permission to attack until the latter stages. A midfield powerful three of dier sissoko wanyama(for as long as his legs hold out) ... And a narrow front three pressing hard and high in Kane alli son.

Play them at basketball with full bks high up the park..... Forget about it. Sterling and sane will have a field day. Watford had the game plan to T last week until an awful offside goal made them open up.

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Sounds sensible to me but can u see our lot having the sense to carry something like this out?
    Wel play like we always do especially under Poch the inflexible

9. bruski

bruski Active Member

I fear the worst big Fran!

10. palmover Member

Being owned by Enic is so painful, knowing spurs are owned by an investment company that has no interest in winning trophies. Levy's latest statements basically said as much. He said something along the lines of buying players is the easy way to win stuff, however, his investment in the stadium will serve the club better over the long term. Spurs need new owners, as this guy hasn't a clue about what makes football great.

Felon82 likes this.
  11. bruski

bruski Active Member

2 ways to look at this Felon. Fear.. which is understandable and right, or hope...that somehow everything clicks and we pull it out the bag. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button