Game Over for Soldado

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Yid Forever Guest

It has be time up for Sold-a-dud-o after last nights performance. I think it will be better for the player and the club to part company in January, he just isn't going to do it at Spurs unfortunately.

bruski and Mattj78 like this.
  2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Levy and Lewis said not long ago that they were taking Tottenham Hotspur in a new direction.
    The only direction this club is going is up the motorway a bit to Milton Keynes.
    The club has no identity any more.

bruski and notnats like this.
  3. Mattj78

I really like Soldado, I really do. He does try to get into positions but he just doesn't get enough goals. I can accept in his first season he took time to adapt, but as I have said in my article, you cannot keep making excuses for a player not delivering.
    I have lost count of how many times we have seen on this forum and countless others, that with a goal Soldado will come good, or Lamela needs more time.
    How much time did Diego Costa take to adapt? Minutes, not years!!!

We have two players who have cost £56 million. The return on that investment is pretty much zero. A rabona goal from lamela and zero goals in the premier league.
    Soldado needs a fresh start. He will no doubt go on to score plentiful goals again and everyone will say why didn't we give him more time, but you can't keep waiting for something to happen.
    Other than Kane and Eriksen free kicks, where are the goals coming from?
    Maybe Bony will be the answer, but whether he would leave Swansea for Spurs is debatable.
    Spurs are no longer a club that players are going to get excited about joining.

The running of the club is simply ridiculous. Milton Keynes here we come. Just maybe we will never return. That isn't as daft as it sounds either.

The Cockerel likes this.
  4. justin Guest

dire straits! pls stop defending soldado, it's defending third rate players that's contributed to keeping us in mediocrity for years. I was hoping baldini would have been sacked this morning, start there. transfer list literally everyone and take all reasonable offers. sack poch and his backroom staff. he's clueless and is as lucky as the players that spurs fans are not overly demanding and like to show faith. good people. no director of football, just a manager, a budget accrued from the sale of this current mob of half hearted ladyboys and let's start again. either a proven manager or a good ex. the board ain't gonna leave so there's no point banging on about them. they don't make the players play so lamely. bad signings, bad management, lack of ambition and too slow to respond to the obvious. the big boys would have ditched lamela, soldado, paulinho, chadli, vertonghen, kaboul, dembele, townsend, adebayor, chiriches, capoue and rose by now. Sunday league players, all of em

5. phil o Guest

I will be in the minority here, but soldado isn't the problem, since we got rid of Harry R, we have played the awful narrow system where no one seems to have any room to play, AVB tried to wear teams down with boredom, though this included not playing the ball up-to soldado, Poch is playing the same style, but as soon as Soldado plays well(Everton) he drops him, most strikers score through confidence building, if you don't create opportunities, you don't score(AVB style), if you play well and there you get dropped(POCH) the confidence evaporates... I believe Soldado is a quality footballer, if he had played under redknap, using two wingers or having balls threaded through, he would have scored plenty.

look at the idea of poch last night, we need a goal, take of the striker(losing more confidence) and bring on a midfielder, keep on the utter **** that is townsend, and having also added the lame duck lamella..

for me, if I were soldado, I would want to leave, any striker that comes to our club currently would struggle.

COYS

6. Soldado isn't a striker who plays as a Lone striker. Spurs have ruined this player. He is a poacher who plays off a strike partner and frequent balls in the box. The inverted winger and lone striker set up was never going to work for him. His down fall started under AVB and continues under MoPo.

Spurs will sell him to a club who will play to his strengths, watch him come back to haunt us.

How can anyone call Soldado third rate ! Seriously, this is a player who came to us as third top scorer in la Liga .. Third behind Lionel Messi and Ronaldo.... He had an international career until we got hold of him.

Third. Rate my arse....

7. mikespurs New Member

As i have said in previous posts with Lennon on the right and a strike partner with him soldado will score goals. The system is so bad that i don't even want to watch spurs play anymore. 442 with a diamond midfield frees up eriksen and gives us 2 wingers to play to the strengths of soldado , Kane and even adebayor.

8. Gazza91 Guest

Lets be clear, Levy is to blame for managerial appointments but he does not pick the team or the formation. Poch is responsible for that and he continues to make basic mistakes every week. We played with width vs Everton and he then reverts to a narrow game and wonders why we dont look like scoring. There is also no passion and the players all look lost, again this is not Levys fault but Poch with his ridiculous systems that will never work. Soldado being dropped after scoring is a joke along with being substituted with 10 minutes to go in games where we need to score. I admit he has not delivered the goals he should for £26m but remember this is a guy who was only behind messi and ronaldo over 4 seasons in la liga in an average team so is it him or our team? Also virtually every player excluding Lloris is under performing so you can only blame the manager for that. Unfortunately Poch came with a good reputation and has not delivered.

notnats likes this.
  9. Gazza91 Guest

Exactly what i said below, its so basic but Poch just does not get it. Im also bored of his ridiculous excuses, 1) pitch 2 small. Villa is a big pitch and we were rubbish and nicked a win! 2) EL playing thursday and sunday, its not good but no different to wednesday and saturday in the CL and those games are harder. 3) We will be fitter in January? 4) it takes time for players to understand the way i want them to play? Well 25 games in no one else has a clue either! I would love him to come out and explain what he wants. Lets be clear about all of this poch is the man that made kaboul captain, what does that tell you about his judgement?

notnats likes this.
  10. Mikey S Guest

Hahahaha so many experts in Spursland these days. Hilarious. Of course Frank De Boer looks amazing on paper, a caveman could win the league for Ajax.
    Get rid of Ade, Lamela, Paulinho, get a striker, bring back Holtby from Hamburg, we are actually on the right track it's just SLOW moving.

11. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Actually Ajax hadnt won thier league for several years before FDB took over, he's a proven winner with a fantastic managerial record with one of europes best run and most professional clubs

12. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

I also like that formation as long as we can find some genuine width and pace and a top striker, i just dont think that Soldado will ever be that striker. If he stays past this season which I doubt then he could be a useful/decent backup player at best but not the striker that this club seriously needs.

13. mikespurs New Member

I agree. But at the moment that is what we have got to work with. I quite like soldado and Kane as a partnership and although soldado may still not score enough, his link up play is superb and Kane would benefit. We do need 2 strikers but i doubt we will get 2 most likely get 1 and another inverted winger.

bruski likes this.
  14. Mattj78

Sl
    Slow??? Thirteen years and we are still nowhere.

15. bruski

bruski Active Member

Like many, I am so frustrated with him and want him out, but when I read read another argument like yours I have to say I agree. Feed him plenty and play him EVERY game. It seems our club has a knack of screwing up good players.

mikespurs and Mattj78 like this.
  16. mikespurs New Member

He scored and then played 6 minutes in the next game. When we actually play with width we look dangerous and Bobby actually looks like scoring. The other reason he needs a partner is because his link up play is superb and Harry Kane would benefit greatly from playing with him. I know we need a striker in January but until then i just think these are our best options.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button