Bournemouth Versus Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, October 25, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

It's Sunday so it must be time for Tottenham to play after a Thursday European game!

After beating Manchester City 4-1 playing lovely, fast flowing football, Spurs have gone back to somewhat pedestrian football in their last 2 games.
    Against Liverpool, Spurs played very much in front of Liverpool, and although we did create chances, there was a lack of creativity.
    Dembele stood out in that game and with Dier back after suspension, it will be interesting to see what personnel Pochettino starts with this afternoon.
    Mason should be back from injury, whilst Son, Bentaleb and Chadli are all out injured.

Lamela has shown signs of improvement this season but has been anonymous in the last two outings. Kane is working hard and his strength off the ball is excellent but he really needs to get the ball in the onion bag soon. With Chadli and Son out, it is hard to see where the goals will come from.

Bournemouth were well beaten last time out but they will be no pushover and Spurs will need to be at their best to pick up 3 points today. These are the games that Spurs must be winning to break into the top 4.

In the league we have only lost on the opening game of the season but our record actually shows just 4 wins in 13 games which is simply not good enough.

As ever, Come on you Spurs!!!

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

What can you say, feed was jumpin about so when i finally got a picture we were 1 down already. Then it went again and came back n it was 1-2, from then on it was cruise mode some poor defending by Bournemouth (who obviously have studied our defence from last year and executed it brilliantly).

It did look like 2 different level sides with out being spectacular good to see HK baggin a hatrick just what the doctor ordered. All in all a good result another vs Villa will be welcomed as a Big November Looms.

COYS!

Mattj78 and Jonesy like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Indeed, the goals will certainly give Harry some much needed confidence. 3 points are a must against Villa now - shame Timmy won't be in charge still lol...

No excuses Poch!

Just looked at the fixtures for November; not kind at all!

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Definitly not spectacular and a very poor Bournmouth but an honest and deserved win where the team worked hard and fought well for the ball winning it back on many occassions.
    Would have loved to see Eriksen shot go in but cant complain about 5 and good to see a decent goal dif for a change. On another note what do the Tim Sherwood fan club think about his sacking ? still think we should have kept him..

Bazza47 likes this.
  5. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Only saw the few minutes of coverage from the Beeb on MOTD2, so difficult to assess the all round performance. The fact is we scored 5, rarer than rocking horse poo for sure, as well as the Harry hat trick, ditto.
    Thought we looked professional and clinical against a poor Bournemouth side, albeit they were made to look so much worse by Boruc.....what a shocker. What must Eddie Howe have thought....not good 'eh!
    Great to see Eriksen back on form and looking so sharp - I agree notnats it would have been great to make it six with the best of the bunch from the Dane.
    As for Timmy, it's a little bit sad. I do think he could do a job at Spurs and he had a tough job at Villa, made even harder by the Benteke and Delph sale. He'll get another PL role.
    Need to do the same against Villa on Monday week before the London onslaught from the Gooners, Wet Spam and Chelski.
    COYS

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Prob shouldnt take the P1ss too much about Timmy and def some mixed feelings for him. I thought he was a disaster waiting to happen at Spurs and extremely relieved when he left. There is something likable about the bloke and I did hope he'd do ok at Villa but Tim is Tim and personally I wouldnt let him run a fish and chip shop let alone a football club ffs. Good luck to him in the future I actualy dont mind him as a pundit, good for a laugh. Having said all thst i do accept that Villa are a club on the slide, someone posted somewhere that Villa sacking all these managers is like re arranging the furniture on a sinking ship which is quite apt. I think that Villa are there for the taking next week and in honour of Tim we should give them an almighty spanking.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Timmy was a complete tool and desperate to be the next media darling. The guy is a rookie and tactically inept - how many times did we buckle with him. Talks a good game - yawn yawn.

Should of stayed put doing the decent work with the academy etc. The grass was greener eh Timmy?

Bore off with your meaningless win % stat...

Last edited: October 26, 2015

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button