Bouncebackability

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. big fran Guest

All players are tapped up my mate. Not all as public as real Madrid do it.... But yeah tap them up.
    What we saying don't sign anyone??
    When we have all agreed there are clear weaknesses in the side/squad?

Nomadico likes this.
  2. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Agreed we need to sign but not at any price,the CL is vital to the club but we need to trust in Poch,he is the one who has to work with the player,I hope Levy will back him if asked to buy..

3. Lee2 Guest

Here's an alternative view. We're not really that goal shy, only 3 behind arse. Yes we can't just rely on Kane, but son and njie could play up there for a couple of games...

But if we lost dier or dembele, I think that'll land us in more trouble. Wanyama?

Nomadico likes this.
  4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Let's just take a reality check. Vardy will be going nowhere in January. I understand that Austin is perhaps considered older but for the rest of this season and next season he could be a very useful addition to our young squad. He scored goals in the premier league so we know what we would be getting.
    As for Benteke, I would be surprised if Levy would touch him with a very large barge pole after the way he messed the club around in the past.
    What Poch needs to do is to think about how he changes things when we face teams who will play us at our own game. At present, when that happens we struggle.

I've said recently that the top four is more than achievable and I believe not getting top four this year would have to be seen as a failure based on how the league is shaping up.
    It would also have potential long term repercussions.
    When we move into the new stadium, we must be a champions league club. 61 thousand will not turn up to watch Eurpopa League football and one or two seasons in that competition when we are in the new ground could be very damaging indeed. The increased revenue would not occur meaning we may struggle paying off the stadium and therefore we could see a drop in investment in the squad.
    I am confident this will not happen but is just that word of warning that we must achieve now.

Nomadico likes this.
  5. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Well written,a good summary of the situation we are in regarding the CL,I can not see Poch asking for Benteke but this Frenchman looks the deal,not sure about Austin a lot of cash for a player who we can use for a season only,we did it before with Saha who flopped so that leaves the lad from WBA if they play ball with Levy....

6. burnt Guest

Even if we get Chp LG football this year it doesn't mean we,ll maintain it every year ... The money bags clubs aren't going to stand still id imagine .. This is an odd year and its highly unlikely its going to be like this every year but who knows i suppose .. The one thing no body is mentioning is we will have a full season playing somewhere else when the development is underway , no home games for a full season is quiet frightening i think .. Trying to predict what's going to happen from game to game is impossible at the moment never mind season to season , all things considered its going to be a turbulent few years i.m.o ..

As for saying it will be a massive failure if we miss top 4 this year goes , it all depends on the circumstances .. If we ended up getting a spate of injuries in the second half of season like Mancs or Arse have so far , Toby , Dier , Kane , lloris ( God forbid ) then that would have to be taken into consideration in the end ... All speculative at this stage i know but there's so many diff variants to be considered its wrong i.m.o to state it would be a failure if we didn't make it this year at this stage anyway ....

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I have pointed out before gaining CL is one thing keeping it another,if we fail this year, the Levy out, and doom and gloom brigade will be out in force.So far we have been lucky only to have a few major injuries but like you say it only takes a bad one to Kane to screw up the season unless, we re-enforce In the Jan window.I think it depends where we have to play away as to what level of fan base we get,stay in London and things should be ok,We have the BEST fan base in the PL and no matter where we play we are SPURS...

8. big fran Guest

Am I missing something in regards to the age of charlie Austin I make him 27 yr old next summer???

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button