Bouncebackability

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Nomadico Well-Known Member

The problem with your wish list Fran is any proven goal scorer is going to cost big bucks and we have to convince his club to let him go,A Jan signing of that type of player is not going to happen so who to turn too??There will be people on here blasting Levy but if a club will not sell what should he do???????...

2. guesty Guest

Sherringham mainly played in a 442....with him dropping into a hole behind the forward and in front of the 4.
    Sherringham had the space to play in....which he did very well of course....as the oppo midfield had a 4v4

But in todays football....I think that space is less due to more teams playing a holding deep DM.
    ...I don't know of course....but my guess is that Eriksen has been pushed wide because there is no space for him to create centrally.
    He does go in there....once a Dembele or a Lamella or a Kane has gone in and attracted the DM out....leaving him the space to create

3. big fran Guest

Austin would be a nice cheap option at under 10m. To play as two up top, a back up to Kane, impact sub or to play Kane as an orthodox number 10. Berahinho would be more but probably less than the 25m we were
    LLooking to pay in august.
    How much would it take to prize away benteke I wonder??

Nomadico likes this.
  4. big fran Guest

If we wanted to go down the foreign
    Market players like Lacazette and Embolo fit the profile of players spurs have had success with young and room to improve and become world class.
    Like u say nobody wants to sell in Jan especially on the cheap but what price do u put on failing for the CL spots?

Nomadico likes this.
  5. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Fran,If we do buy then it should not be Austin to old,Berahino ok Pulis will sell but there president will not deal with Levy,the player would come but to much bad blood,Benteke why would he want to move again and I do not think he would fit the team,the foreign guys may be if the price is right but I am sure Poch has his targets.The price for failing CL the same as it has been for past seasons we have the team to get there this year and keep us there.....

6. burnt Guest

Think if someone comes in it will be someone like Dembele from Fulham or someone of that ilk , young , talented , unproven potential , it def seems to be our modus operandi at the moment ....

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I agree,this is the way to go,not over priced panic buy's,the problem is the fan base on here want the big spend if not Levy out,very short sighted.....

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

You can only create if you have clever movements and bursts of pace moving positively wide or in behind at goal. Give Pirlo the ball with no runners and even he will find it difficult to create.
    The Main plan is press and harry (no pun) the opposition which in essence is defending from the front, which i am not knocking and has a big place in the game. Its great when it works but its very hit and more miss with regards to really going for goals.
    And the very prevelant problem is if were not all fresh and on it together or the opposition can weather the storm it soon becomes very predictable and we struggle.
    Ive talked about players taking responsibility to make things happen you have to be clever n brave from time to time to crack defences, i find the supporting 3 are so focussed on carrying out 'a job' in the centre they leave or expect Kane to do the rest.
    I dont believe Chadli Eriksen and Lamela should ever play together at the same time as it defeats the object of the press.
    I feel eriksen is wasted on the left.
    Lamela- fran your bang on all graft no craft.
    Njie and Son i was hoping would provide that pace and movement we need to open the play up but both have been inconsistent.
    Either way we have lacked width for some time now and this isnt a call for 442 or crosses into the big man its just an obvious thing. You will not break down stubborn well drilled defences with out pace in behind or width.

Nomadico likes this.
  9. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Felon,I still think Son can do the job he needs the run to get his form back and with Clint out we have no choice chadli and Erik can't cut it,any other options?????

10. big fran Guest

Nomadico. Respect your opinion and like your positivity but from what I'm watching we have been in the top four for only one weekend all season and given that your looking at only one spot up for grabs,our sketchy form,the spending power of the teams around us likely to spend utd and city mainly and the fact that everyone alludes to that an injury to our only consistent scorer HK we would be struggling.
    Now say we could only sign one player then I would be looking at coming in and improve the starting 11 rather than warm the bench so that for me would be a winger with pace to open teams up. If that winger could also play up front then even better.
    However on my reckoning the 20-25m berahinho money should still be available plus the impending sales of fazio and tTownsend between 12-15m gives us between 32-40m or thereabouts to sign two or three players in my eyes would near on seal top four. Especially if one of them players was taken from Leicester.

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  11. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Not a bad wish list,Vardy would fit and the other guy who bangs them in but I can't see Leicester letting them go,plus as you point out the other big boy's are there to out bid us,so who can you see who can come in??Yourself and Felon understand the weakness of the team but with the cash you say we have who should we spend it on who is available????Granted we have been in the CL places for a week and to stay there will be harder than getting there,do we not have a winger on loan up in Scotland??could he do the job if re-called????he seem's to have some talent...

12. burnt Guest

Not a dig but i think its very naive to think all we have to do is Spend x-amount , bring in 2 or 3 and top 4 is ours ... Scousers and Mancs have spent 300+ mill each over last couple of years and nothings locked in for either of them .. look i agree as much as anyone else we need to add to the squad but make no mistake it guarantees nothing ....

Nomadico likes this.
  13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Fran n Felon in Jan couldnt be worse than the Saha n Nelsen window

Nomadico likes this.
  14. big fran Guest

Not saying it guarantees but if we buy well then it would go a long way. If u don't sign u stand still. If others then sign well u go backwards and well I don't need to spell out what happens then. Look nobody wants to sell that's why you have to make them sell. Do you think we wanted to sell modric berba bale Carrick Keane etc of course not.
    But surely we have the resources to sign players like mahrez vardy mane berahino Austin miralles embolo laczarette and the stature combined with ambition to push on. If not its time to pack up and go home.

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  15. Nomadico Well-Known Member

At last some common sense,Burnt you hit the nail on the head,there is NO magic wand or fist full of pounds that can be sure to work,every buy is a gamble and in a few months the player will be berated on here if he has not scored 10plus goals and then it is Levy who screwed up....same old story....

16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Sorry I should use a comma,but a good pickup thanks...

Felon82 likes this.
  17. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Fran,Modric,Berbs,All wanted out the problem here is the player's you mention at the moment do not so what to do Tap them up??we are not Real Madrid we are better than that,maybe we do have the funds,better to spend wisely,just because they can waste cash we can not.Ambition is not just who we buy but the passion in the club from the fan down to the team...

Mick likes this.
  18. burnt Guest

Taught Fran retired , if i remember correctly he was with Deportivo and was quiet handy ... Not sure about this Felon guy , for 50 cents i think you,d expect a bit more .. He might be a touch overrated ....

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

50cents would price me out of a Move to Spurs then

20. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Look's like the season to be merry,and maybe I should take an English class,MERRY XMAS..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button