Battered by Dortmund

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, March 10, 2016.

Share This Page

1. johnnyhrvat Guest

I feel we didn't deserve to lose 3-0 - six-nil would have been much fairer.
    I do feel sorry for some of the players though - this was not a team, just a bunch of players thrown to the wolves.
    Did we just throw three competitions in the last three weeks? If the players' confidence is as shattered as mine we might just well have. A slip-up in either of the next two league games and we have thrown the season away. Who needs Champions League football if this is what we have to do in Europe to try and sustain our league form.
    Was Lamela trying to get a red card? He was a whisker away for the second game running - the guy is a liability. I seem to remember throwing CL football away at Villa Park once before playing with 10 men.

2. Big fran Guest

Let's be fair Poch has rotated well in the EL all season but against one of the top sides in Europe away in front of 75;00 plus fans was a big ask and a step too far especially with such a weakened team. Poch underestimated the ability of the Germans and that of his fringe players. Its looks to have been a huge mistake but hopefully it can be a masterstroke. Who knows? Disappointed nonetheless and feel for the fans that went over. But if we seal top two or three it will be a great season for the club..

Spurporter likes this.
  3. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Exactly. Correct.

Whether through apathy to the competition or underestimating Dortmund's qualities, Pochettino botched this night. His failure to augment some understandable alterations with strategically smart choices wasted an opportunity for Spurs to test themselves against formidable opposition.

With Dele Alli suspended and Eric Dier left at home, the physical and skillful Mousa Dembele was a must for this game. If Harry Kane was so in need of a rest in attack, then at least starting Erik Lamela would have given Spurs a semblance of aggression.

Instead their soft midfield underbelly was consistently exposed while the failure to give Dortmund anything to think about was exacerbated by the attacking midfield's general refusal to pitch in with anything defensively

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-winners-and-losers-from-europa-league/page/5

4. Mick

Mick Member

Just seen city draw at Norwich shows no gimme's in premier league. Providing we get 6 points from next 2 games Poch will be vindicated in my opinion. As I have said previously will be need to strengthen for champions league next season but first we have to be there

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button