Away days are coming.....

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

And the opposite can be said about the deludedly pro camp who would have you believe- Levy is working on a cure for cancer, is close to erradicating air polution and Enic almost have a peace treaty signed across the middle east etc but nothing of the sort has been said its just an elaborated ploy to make little of the issues raised and make out the facts are not important but hey the gullible will be gullible.
    Some people will always be happy treading water, talking up the 'buisness' Spurs are doing while on the pitch they deliver basically nothing.
    Spending has stopped the stadium isnt being built and we have gone backwards but dont let the facts fool you its all part of the master plan aye Ramos?

Mattj78 likes this.
  2. lee butler Guest

Levy is a complete wanker he is not a football man he is a business man has not got a clue about a football team , he thinks buying mediocre players and selling your best ones is good business not good for the team which is why we all support the clue not because we have some golem lookalike in charge . I see on one site today that Lewis wants to sell the club for 1billion is he mental let's hope there is someone out there as equally mental that will pay it and they can all **** off and take a lot of the **** foreign no Hart or gut players with them

3. stu Guest

These last property owners are greedy and selfish and should be ashamed of themselves for preventing this development that will bring not only joy to thousands but will also give jobs and improve lives to many in the local community, please feel free to contact them if not bombard them and express your feelings of disgust, as I have done, SPREAD THE WORD, here are their details - Archway Sheet Metal Works Ltd.
    1-3 Paxton Road,
    Tottenham,
    London,
    N17 OBP
    info@archwaysm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/search/more?q=sheet%20metal%20works%20limited#!/archwaysm/info

4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Football has never been top of enics agenda and they are an investment company. They ultimately bought the club to sell it for a profit. A profit for them.
    The issue, whether it be levy or whoever, is that Archway have NOT suddenly decided they will dig their heals in. They have been openly opposed for SEVEN years!! Ramos is not wrong, I fell over my own shoe laces this morning and I blame levy!!

Joking aside, the point is that we get the statement about moving into a new stadium in 2017, I said it was pie in the sky and many responded by saying levy wouldn't release such a statement if it wasn't true.
    Erm.....yes he would, yes he did and yes he will again.

In ten years time, their will still be spurs fans lauding the wonder of levy when the trophy cabinet is still empty and we have become MK DONS reserves!!!

5. Mattj78

Excellent work. I have just sent them a lengthy e mail

6. Mattj78

The rumour surrounding Joe Lewis selling the club and the issues with new stadium are simply a coincidence. Actually, no they are not. ENIC only ever bought the club so they could sell it, and with the issues with the stadium arising, ENIC will be starting to lose money the longer that the issues goes on, the more likely it is that Lewis will want to sell. After all, it is he that has put the money into the club.
    Levy has only ever been, and only ever will be Lewis' puppet and has never had this clubs long term future at his heart.
    I am not so blinkered as to not see that there are some positives from ENIC, not least that we do have a stable financial footing, but in terms of on the pitch, long term footballing success, after eleven years we are still left waiting for that success.
    Tottenham have always attracted some of the best talent in Europe. Ricky Villa, Ossie Ardiles, Jurgen Klinsmann, Dumitrescu, Lamela, Soldado?, etc. not to mention the likes of Gazza, Sheringham, Barmby, Lineker. The idea that ENIC have suddenly attracted the top talent to Spurs is laughable and based on what exactly?
    Tottenham are a club steeped in history and tradition but currently we flounder on the verge of being a top four club, but season after season, it simply does not happen.
    I remain convinced that this season will be a good one if we can claim a trophy and finish no lower than sixth, but as for the long term future, I expect it lies in hands other than Daniel Levy's.
    It won't be someone as small as me that gets levy out of the club, it will be the fact that neither ENIC nor he actually have, or ever had the long term future at its core.

As for the sale of the club, one billion pounds is hilarious!!!

7. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

There goes that feeling of deja vu, again! :rolleyes:

If spending had REALLY stopped as you claim, my friend, then how do you suppose that the club managed to, reportedly, break it's transfer record 3 times over the course of last summer?

And unless you know something I don't, as far as I'm aware the staduim plans have merely been delayed, rather than stopped altogether as your comment above suggests!

And as far as your theory that the club 'has gone backwards', have you forgotten, in FACT, that the season before last that Tottenham achieved it's record points total in the history of the EPL. And that despite what most Spurs supporters consider a disappointing last campaign, Spurs only finished 3 points (1 win) away from equalling that total again.

Have you ever pondered that it may NOT be Levy that/who is the problem, that causing you so much discomfort in your practice of 'supporting' Spurs, but your own sense of entitlement?

And while your mulling that over, perhaps you would also find perspective in the idea that maybe Spurs are NOT standing still, but rather competing against more established/affluent teams that are also progressing.

Hey, just a thought...

Because while it is easy to spell the word fact/s, I have found some members of this forum actual ability to comprehend, and use, the term in it's correct definition has clearly proved far more difficult/challenging.

Listen guys, as much as I like/love you ALL (and I do), I have no desire whatsoever to go over old ground (excuse the pun) for what could possibly very well be the hundredth time, at this present moment. You all know my feelings regarding The Chairman, and if you don't, there are PLENTY of posts as a point of reference within the archives of this very forum.

Personally, I believe the best/ most suitable option would be to ground-share with Arsenal, and judging by Wengers rather evasive response to the subject matter, it seems that there is a conversation worth having Arsenal hierarchy.

If Milan and Inter can do it and make it work, then I'm SURE that Spurs and Arsenal can make it work, for one season!

That brings me on to the real reason I'm writing this post. And that is my recent comments regarding Danny Welbeck.

Although I do NOT rate the young forward to the extent that I would want him anywhere near a Spurs shirt, I DO believe he could turn out to be a good/decent signing for Arsenal.

Providing he stays on the defenders shoulder, and looks to stretch teams, rather than simply get drawn towards the ball he could prove quite the asset for our NL neighbours.

He will certainly get plenty of chances playing with the plethora of attacking options the Gunners have at their disposal, and yet having the required finishing prowess to take them is another matter entirely. ;)

8. Mattj78

The reason we were able to break our transfer record lady summer was due to the sale of our best player. Which resulted in us not actually spending anything. We replaced one player with seven. Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen will be good, but I don't think the spending of money from one player who has nowhere near been replaced, and whose goals gave yet to be replaced, represents good football sense. Good business for the PLC, yes, for the football club, not so sure.

Felon82 likes this.
  9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The patronising Ramos strikes again, selling your best players using that money and making a profit is not spending.
    The stadium is not being built at the moment boardings are up but no work is going on and the delay is holding any start of building further.
    No spending No building going on.
    And if more affluent teams are taking over us? then no were not standing still we are going backwards as i have said. In your words- Mull that over.

10. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

I think by definition that, the term 'break even' includes some expenditure, right? Look, there was very little stopping Levy and co from selling Bale for £86m, and spending half of that sum on new players was there?

It would of been very EASY to claim that after buying, lets say Soldado/Lamela, Eriksen, Capoue and Chiriches, that the rest of the money was going towards funding a new stadium, but the club did NOT do that?

So to suggest that the club has stopped spending - because, perhaps, you are a little jealous/envious of the business being done by other clubs this summer -although understandable, is a little opportunistic, as well as inaccurate, don't you think?

But, hey, why let the (whole) truth get in the way of a good rant, right? ;)

Buying players, who then go on to be successful at your club is NOT an exact science. We have seen in the past with the likes of Ashley Young, David Bentley, Darren Bent, A.Shevchenko and Ferenando Torres (just to name several high profile examples) who all were very successful within the structure of their former teams, which in turn earned them big money moves ,that there are NEVER any guarantees, no matter how much you spend, that your investment will come good.

So, while talk of replacing one man's achievements with another is all very well and good, in theory, the actual practice of such act is ALWAYS a lot more difficult execute!

Guys we could all throw our toys out of the pram when things don't go the way we would've liked, but the point I've been trying to make for the best part of a year (or more now) is that you cannot claim you want a happy home without at least attempting to support/make peace with EVERYONE in it. Otherwise, it is, simply, a flawed concept to begin with.

Last edited: September 12, 2014
    notnats likes this.
  11. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Why is it that if we sell players and then buy players that some fans say that we arnt really spending money?
    We buy we sell, we sell we buy, this is how business works and also why the club is not in debt. Does anyone really believe we can stop our best players from leaving? if they want to go we let them go and hopefully make a shitload profit in the process and then buy new players. I hate the international breaks.

Ramos43 likes this.
  12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Ramos,
    If you think Enic run the club to break even you are living in a dream world, they are profitting every season NOT the club its all in Enics interest. And with that comes the stagnation- stagnation with others progressing = going backwards as is evident.
    Now as contemptuous your opinion is of others knowledge I understand that money has to be generated for a build of this magnitude (much of which will be supplemented by TV,sponsorship/naming rights, rents, buisnesses, grants etc) but the ridiculous amount of time it is taking is very questionable indeed and the longer it goes on the team/club suffers.
    With no building happening or any extra being put into the team they are failing us on both fronts! 2018 dont bet on it, Top 4 dont bet on it, mid table sackings transitional selling our best players - dead cert for the forseeable!
    They have proved they dont know what they are doing and cant deliver promises or seasonal club objectives either!
    So dont make out they have the clubs interest at heart all they want is to milk it then sell it for a huge profit when it is deemed fit for them. Couple all this with the consistant clangers and that is why i cannot wait for them to move on they are a cancer at the club!

Mattj78 likes this.
  13. big fran Guest

While levy and enic have made a lot
    of mistakes in some appointments Ramos santini and Timmy and failed to bk certain managers in certain windows with players namely a world class striker the year after our success in the CL which was never built upon. We have to be thankful that we are a very well run club who WILL in the foreseeable future move into a state of the art stadium debt free thanks to our owners n levy like it or not. Sometimes u get what u wish for and if we end up with an owner like
    Randy learner then what?

notnats likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button