Are Tottenham ready for 2015/16? Well, not quite...

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by James McC, August 8, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Smithy1255 New Member

At last someone who realizes the kind of player bentaleb is.Don't understand the amount of comments made by fans and sky pundits that he had a great season last year and how he is so important to the team.I thought he had a very average season and made far too many mistakes, with the usual square ball passing can understand he's young and can improve but we can't wait for that to happen if we want to break into top four

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Afternoon All. Back to venting our thoughts and concerns about our beloved Hotspur.

For 10 transfer windows I've hoped and prayed for a heavyweight striker. For 6 of those 10 I've banked the Benteke drum, to no avail. Here we are with no striker, no creative midfielder on the horizon - and we've already lost the opening game. FFS.

Pre season in NA, with a game 7 hours behind us on the clock, then a flight to Germany a further hour ahead, to play daily games is just total Shite.
    Who the f**k was responsible for scheduling that, including not being able to fly home until later Thursday.

When I first reflected on the loss to MU, I wasn't over fussed. we weren't the worst side - in fact both were decidedly average. That was until I saw Swansea run Chelski ragged, then Leicester all over albeit a poor Sunderland. I'd say that we would have likely lost to both of those two teams. They played with pace, have spent well and had an energy and passion we only dream about.

It was painful to watch Kane labouring unsupported - that didn't happen with Gomis or Vardy. Bentaleb was so disengaged throughout his time on the pitch and gave away the ball for the goal. Shabby.

Were there any positives....Toby was by far our best player...that and knowing MU are not going to be a threat.

Good to be back.....I've been here before............COYS

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Bentaleb is bang average, ive had a couple of happy clappers snipe me over calling it but yesterday he was at his best.
    Ive had them saying there were CL clubs after him (nothing to do with his agent working a bumper pay rise then)?
    Unfortunately he looks like a main stay but because hes young its ok if he makes loads of mistakes and doesnt improve the side whatsoever because hel learn. Never mind Tottenham Hotspur football club because theyre all learning.

4. big fran Guest

agree with the person above that leaving out Ade Sol Lenny and Andros whether u want them sold or not is suicide when the game was there for the taking and crying out for more width n pace from spurs. As frustrating as it is starting the season without attacking reinforcements I can fully understand its financially irresponsible bringing lads in when u haven't yet shifted players u wish to move on and maybe unable to do so before the window closes.

5. Mads UG New Member

I completely disagree with analysis of the match. The lads looked quite comfortable on the ball for most of the 90 min.'s and nowhere near as jaded and/or tired as the article suggests.

Yes we need striking reinforcements asap. as our lack of gamechanging offensive quality was obvious, but with N'jie on the verge of signing and maybe 1 more attacker/winger and preferably a quality defensive midfielder I believe this season is looking encouraging.

Let's dispense with the gloom and doom, it was only the opening match after all. Every team needs some time to adjust and get in gear.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button