And now for something completely different.....

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

After the debate over the Spurs new captain and Europe back on the agenda tomorrow night, I felt that now was the right time to congratulate and offer all our support to the Tottenham Ladies team who have made a flying start to their new campaign.

Five in Five

Our Ladies team made it five wins in five in their last outing against Tranmere Ladies in the preliminary round of the cup with a one - nil victory but were given a good game by the team from the Wirral.

They now face a trip to Sheffield FC Ladies - currently second in the Northern Division - in the first round on Sunday, October 12. If their are any Spurs fans in the Sheffield or Yorkshire area, it would be great to see the Ladies get some support, as far as I am concerned, I support Spurs at all levels and it is great to see the team starting the season so well!!

Manager Karen Hills was pleased with the win;

'We started on the front foot and really took the game to Tranmere with Avilla Bergin and Sophie showing excellent link play down the right. '

"The goal came on 11 minutes when Fran Gamble played in Avilla down the right, she beat her defender and delivered a cross that Katie took in her stride and slotted into the bottom corner.'

The manager commented that the team must be more ruthless in the final third, so it would appear we have similarities here!!

Anyway, good luck and well done to the ladies team and after the Under 18's lads recent success, let's all hope that the future for ALL of Tottenham Hotspur Football club is bright!!

As ever, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button