Alli could be the real deal

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 4, 2015.

Share This Page

1. To compete in the top 4 next season, we need to sign 4 top quality players(2strikers,1right winger,1cm).If I was Levy I would sign:Austin, Berahino,Yarmelenko (last season 19 goals 21assists),and wanyama as a destroyer in midfield

2. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

Fran your telling me you wouldn't take Llorente on Loan for a year??? Because that's the most likely way I see him leaving Juventus, if truth be told.

The guy is tailored made for the EPL with his size/ physique, and his movement, along with his finishing is 2nd to none. Did you see what he done to Man Utd when Bilbao gave them a spanking a few years bk. The guy was near-on unplayable throughout the tie!

His experience would be invaluable to our you squad, and he is EXACTLY the type of player that would have the oppositions defenders calling in sick to work. He is a player with GENUINE PRESENCE, and would instantly lift both the players and fans, alike.

Just imagine what he could do for a young striker like Kane, who has similar physical attributes, in terms of his development.

If Spurs can secure a player of Fernando Llorente calibre on a season-long loan-with an option to buy, it would be one of the best pieces of business done by ANY club this summer.

There are VERY few strikers in world football that hold-up the ball, and allowing midfield runners to frequently gamble with surges forward, better than FL. People like Mason, Eriksen, Alli and even Prithchard would only benefit from his arrival. As, I would like to think, Davies, Rose, Tripps and Walker.

Completely agree on Embolo. Just the type of striker the club needs as an option. Young, technically effeicent, quick, strong and a very good finisher, Embolo a 19 fits the mould of player Pochettino loves to work with. If Spurs aren't looking at this guy, I would be VERY surprised.

Fredy Guarin is an interesting one for me though. Seemingly surplus to requirements at Inter after there transfer dealings have left them with a plethora of CM talent, the Columbian international would be a real coup for a club like Spurs.

Although I am NOT against the idea of signing an out-and-out DM, I just feel that opportunities to sign a player with the quality and experience of Guarin simply does not come around everyday.

The guy has a bit (or a lot) of everything as a CM and I have to say I'm AMAZED more clubs in the EPLs top 5/6 haven't had a look at him. He scores goals, makes assists, controls tempo, puts his foot in, gets from box to box, has a turn of pace, a fantastic football brain, and even possesses leadership qualities. The guy has won a number of high profile accolades including the CL and at 29 should still be in his prime.

The most attractive thing about this deal for a club like Spurs though is that he would cost the Earth. Probably £10m-£12m.

The only question I would have about him is whether he would STILL have the appetite/desire to to readjust his game to fit into life, not only under Poch but, in the most intense/exhausting league in the world after spending so long in Italy.

But hey, if Cambiasso can do it, I don't see why Guarin can't!

Last edited: August 5, 2015
    Felon82 likes this.
  3. big fran Guest

Yeah worth a punt on a,loan I'm sure. Totally agree about needing a box to box rather than a def mid.

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. big fran Guest

Spurs said to be very close to signing Clinton njie and much like breel embolo you mention Ramos ticks allthe boxes in terms of price range age and variety of the positions he can play, rapid also. I'd sign the pair personally.

Take a look the boy shows some great awareness in and around the goal area for one so young!

Ramos43 likes this.
  5. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

I like BOTH players from what I have seen but you have to be a little careful about having too many established (1st choice) strikers/ players at your club, for obvious reasons.

I think we can all agree that Spurs are going to give Kane the opportunity to lead the line more often than not. And I think that we can all agree that, after last season, he undoubtedly deserves it!

My idea has ALWAYS been to have TWO strikers you can rely on (as much as you can rely on anything in football) to lead the line, with a 3rd promising young player/ versatile player who you can develop.

Personally, I believe Spurs could sign both and make a HUGE statement of intent, as Njie can operate out-wide, and initially would probably eased into life at the Lane.

But with Spurs, up till this point, seemingly sticking to the reported £15m or less transfer strategy, the likehood of acquiring a player of Lacazettes ability is extremely unlikely.

In any case, I believe Spurs still have some good options in the transfer window with the likes of Remy, Michy Batshuya, Llorente and Rodrigo (Valencia) all extremely talented.

A bit more far-fetched might be the idea of allowing Berbatov the opportunity to finish his career at the top-level as Spurs' 2/3 choice striker.

Now whether he deserves that opportunity after the way in which he left the club, or indeed whether at 34 he needs to be involved in any of Pochettino's grueling training sessions, is another thing entirely. But it is definitely an interesting thought...at least to me, anyway!

6. big fran Guest

I'd personally love to see Berba bk in a spurs shirt. Watching that brought some memories bk what a performer. One of the best I've seen in a spurs shirt in my time. Third choice and making cameos like that I'dlove it.

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So we head into the new season with 1 viable striker, the ambition is there if u look deep enough!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button