Adebayor stays at Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 7, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The one player we desperately need off the books with his 100k a week wages and poor attitude looks set to start the new season part of the Spurs squad.
    Apart from a couple of brief sparks into life, Adebayor has done little to endear himself to the Spurs faithful and his continued admittance that he is " happy " at Spurs even though he is unlikely to get a sniff, further shows him up as a typical modern day football mercenary.

So, the news tonight from former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood sends shudders through the spine. The deal to sign Adebayor on loan is off. Sherwood hopes the "deal can be revived" but admitted Adebayor "will remain a Spurs player."

His wages have been hindering Spurs in the transfer window for some time now and this news could scupper any chance we had left of signing more players in the transfer window and that is bad news for Spurs. We need at least one striker, I believe we need 2 we need a tough midfield box to box player and with Adebayors huge wages remaining in place, those signings could be difficult to achieve.

The "overachieving" , "clever businessman" that is Daniel Levy looks like he has got this very wrong. Much like his managerial appointments since his tenure began.

Hopefully that Adebayor deal can be revived, because if not, Spurs may just need resuscitating.

2. Simon Guest

Which bit has Levy got wrong? Signing him in the first place? Maybe so in hindsight but it's difficult to say whether him failing to sign for Villa is Levy's fault. Levy can't force Ade to sign for them. Levy has made mistakes, sure but can't blame him for Ade not joining Villa unless there is evidence to suggest that the club were being awkward with Villa or Ade and that is why the move hasn't happened.

3. Mattj78

Hang on. Levy can't force players to stay and he can't force them to leave??? Levy, who so many of his fans on here say is wonderful and is right to have a rigid wage structure agreed to pay him 100k a week. That's not hindsight it was poor business then and it's even worse now.

4. ped Guest

just don't bother giving him a squad number & put him with the cleaners after every game he can pick the rubbish up.

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Keith Andrew New Member

He has not been given a squad number and MOPO has already said he is not part of his plans for the season. So I guess we have to pay him to do nothing,

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Simon, I think the part that Daniel Levy got wrong was to award Adebayor such a long contract when we signed him, so we're currently stuck with him. It appears that Adebayor is being less than cooperative (what a surprise!) about his proposed transfer to Villa, seemingly preferring to pick up his £100,000 per week from Spurs for doing nothing but training with the youth team.

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Unrelated to the post but I have a French friend living with me at the moment, supports Lyon and is desperate to see our target N'jie stay - says he will be better than Lacazette in two/three years, and worth more than £30mill. Given how well he knows the French game this is high praise indeed and if we were to get him as is being suggested, it would be a fantastic capture

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. Tony Guest

well let's hope Spurs take your friends advice and go and get him

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Adebayor is a parasite, a problematic parasite who had previous consistent form for being a liability and pain in the arse!

He was a good stop gap loanee and Arry got a tune out of him. At that time though we definately needed a long term younger hungry striker to kick us on we didnt do this and took a massive gamble on him.

True to form he became lazy and disinterested. Avb with his zero man management skills isolated him fueling his awkwardnous then Dim Tim came in on more of a level with Ade and his complexities knowing that there is a player in there and revitalised him.

Poch (who is poorer Avb mkII) again has a 1 dimesional blinkered team ethic where personality isnt considered over the robotic nature of their methods so again Ade does not fit this mantra.

Now it could be argued its down to the manager to get someone on a contract the size of Ades and with the ability he posseses to get firing, enjoying, playing and earning his obscene wage.

Its definately a conundrum that needs sorting.

As does the whole striking situation in general, i cannot believe we only have 1 viable striker for the seasons start tomorrow. This to me is total inept management all round WTF is going on ???

totcat and Mattj78 like this.
  10. Mattj78

I am yet to be convinced fully by Poch but I am not sure he is AVB mark 2 just yet. He needs to be much more flexible in his tactics to succeed but I do like the fact he will give youth a chance.
    What is most alarming is the fact that our strength in depth is non existent but that's not really poch's fault. We all know whose to blame for that one.

Felon82 likes this.
  11. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Lets face it Ade to Villa and a reunion with Tim is or was our best hope of getting rid of this oxygen thief, not to mention the alleged strikers best chance of revitalising his career. If he had an ounce of ticker he'd jump at the opportunity. Ade represents everything that is wrong with the modern day mercenary, happy at Spurs??? talking about mercenarys noticed a few calls for Berbatov ? not for me, doesn't deserve to wear the shirt and doesn't look a Poch type.

totcat likes this.
  12. totcat New Member

Togo's greatest wage thief is a man without honour and as such he should be treated with the upmost contempt. He should be banished from all Tottenham premises and under no circumstance should he be allowed to contaminate any member of our current squad via personal or media contact. If this fail's to further encourage him to leave, we could always promote him to our middle-east ambassador and send him on a tour of Iraq and Syria, wearing a "yid army" t-shirt, this will go down well with the locals and put him at the "cutting edge" of world peace. Just an idea.

Felon82 likes this.
  13. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Reportedly, Ade wants to commute to work from London, while Villa don't agree and want him to relocate.
    Can you blame Levy for that? No, but if the chairman sold Adebayor to Hammers in January, all could have been happy, including Ade who would have kept staying in London.

Felon82 likes this.
  14. big fran Guest

2 good points from the above.
    Number 1 adebayor was signed by then manager redknapp. Levy cannot be blamed for backing his manager in signing a player who had just the season before played for real Madrid and we had his wages subsidized.
    Point 2 there is a player in there as redknapp and Sherwood have found out. Avb and Poch so far havent yet managed to. A good man manager would relish the chance of getting ade firing again. Granted u would expect a pro football player not to need his ego massaging but unfortunately that's modern day football.

15. Mattj78

Adebayor has shown glimpses of what he can do but he has been trouble wherever he has been. He gets easily bored and once that happens he is quite happy to collect wages and just do nothing.
    Levy is without doubt to blame. Agreeing to pay him 100k a week when he is supposedly a master businessman who won't pay stupid wages just doesn't add up.
    If shows the true levy.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button