3 points a must at Villa

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, March 12, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

You can tell Spurs fans are getting nervous as everywhere I look I keep seeing statements that there are no easy games.
    Okay, so that may be the case but tomorrow? Look, if we take anything less than 3 points against an appallingly bad Villa team I will be very embarrassed. They have next to no chance of staying up, are filled with bang average players who couldn't give a toss about football, Villa or their fans.

As disappointing as the defeat against Dortmund was, we have to now put that to one side and try and beat Villa and beat them well. City's result at Norwich was surprising but welcome for us, and our goal difference could be worth an extra 3 points to us in the title or race for the top 4, whichever it may turn out to be.

Dembele, Kane, Walker and Rose should start but Dier faces a late fitness test.

In a positive season, the last 3 games have been a low point but a win and a good win will be welcome and really put the pressure on Leicester. Usually, the Leicester V Newcastle tie would have been a home banker but as we well know, the new manager factor may put the Tigers amongst the pigeons.

I can't see anything but a win tomorrow. Anything less is just not worth considering.
    Let's get right behind Poch and the boys tomorrow, forget the last 3 games and start believing again.

The race is on and Spurs are in it. As ever, Come on You Spurs!!!!

Nomadico and Jonesy like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

We certainly remain in contention on the proviso we take the 3 points. Anything less would be very damaging, in many ways. I've become slightly nervous of late but I must remind myself this team has a very different feel about it (compared to previous squads!). We have steel; hunger; mix of experience/youth; some quality and a never say die attitude - this should absolutely secure an away win tomorrow.

Citeh dropped vital points today, Goons won't play until they face Everton next week (likely to drop points there IMO) - so, time to capitalise and apply some much needed pressure. Points on the board, or, "games in hand"... I would rather the former!

As for the Foxes, I agree Matt not necessarily straight forward now against the Barcodes. Let's hope the Spanish waiter can serve up something real sweet for us Lilywhites!

COYS

Last edited: March 12, 2016
    Mattj78 likes this.
  3. burnt Guest

Hopefully the relentless Tottenham we,ve got used to watching this season is back to full throttle tomm ... It's been a difficult patch for us but tomm and next Sun gives us a big opportunity to get back on track , rebuild the confidence and settle the fans nerves a wee bit before the final countdown which looks quiet difficult on paper ... C.O.Y.S .....

4. johnnyhrvat Guest

No mistakes allowed and we cannot afford to concede early and spend the rest of the game making their keeper look like another new Tomaszewski (you need to be a certain vintage to appreciate this).
    I would start Bentaleb (I'm surprised he didn't play Thursday) as we need an enforcer when Dier is not available. Play him with Dier if possible but tell him his duties are purely defensive - this gives our wingbacks more scope to get forward.
    Play Harry as a number ten because he is far better than most of the others in this position and tends to get very little service up front alone. Save Alli for later in the game if needed.

Lloris
    Walker/Tripper - Toby - Wimmer - Rose/Davies
    Dier - Dembele - Bentaleb
    Kane - Eriksen
    Chadli

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button