Manager, squad, owners

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, November 2, 2021.

Share This Page

1. I am beginning to really like how the team is coming together. Who would have thought any optimism was possible a few months ago?

I read Bissouma has been earmarked as a key player by the manager and the lad is feeling happy and confident again and loves our new system. It does suit him.

Now if we can sort out our front line. I am divided about Harry staying or not, as strange as that may sound. We certainly should not keep him here against his will. Either way, the sooner it is sorted the better.

2. Guesty Guest

it wouldn't suprise me now if Kane stays and gives Ange and the new team a go......

knowing he can stiff DL at the end of the season and leave for free

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What next for this club,After hiring a director of football who is banned we now have our owner splashed across the headlines for criminal activity,How much info was he giving to Levy if the accusations are true.I am not saying Levy knows anything about this but the question will be asked.We really needed this right now and Poste must wonder what comes next.Could this force a sale???

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe no comments on this site about Lewis.The other site I am on has bee buzzing for a few hours

5. I thought to comment but could find no information on what the charges could possibly entail, i.e., if found guilty.

6. I’m pretty sure Postecoglou could not care less at this point in time. He is here to do a job this season, and he will do it as well as anyone possibly could.

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If guilty possibly jail

8. If jailed, I imagine he would have to sell? Can you recall any owner in England ever being in jail?

9. Hugh New Member

Hi, my name is Hugh Bailey, and I have a proposal to make. I have supported Tottenham since I was 11 years old, 62 years to be exact. There have been some great players at this club over the years. However none have come close (in my opinion) in showing such loyalty as Harry Kane. In this light I would like to make a suggestion. I would like to see our stadium named after this player. Harry Kane Lane stadium would be my proposal. I just want to put it out there and see what people think about it

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

i have supported spurs for as long as you and I seem to remember Kane trying to join Man City which he would have done if Levy had not stopped him.If you want to talk about Loyalty how about Perryman or Mabbutt far more deserving.No naming stadium after Kane please great player but not as loyal as you say

11. It does have a nice ring to it Hugh

But old Harry hasn’t lifted any silverware here, and while he is the club’s greatest scorer, naming our stadium after him might suggest we’re not interested in winning anything.

12. Guesty Guest

Harry Kane Lane stadium.....
    ha ha ha that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see we are negotiating to sell Lloris .Surely after the Stirling service he gave the club over many years should have earned him a free.This sums up Levy buy on the cheap but try and wring blood out of a stone on sales .No wonder we have so much dross unsold

14. No wonder Levy is so flush when he carries on like he is always broke.

15. voiceofreason Active Member

He certainly shouldn’t play too hard ball to stop him moving where he wants but as a businessman he needs to get what he can for him if possible. Harry was a good servant, should we have let him go where he wants for what he wants?

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Are you comparing a 30 year old with a a 36/year old

17. voiceofreason Active Member

Nope I’m comparing a long standing servant with another. Plus a goalkeeper stays viable much longer than a forward usually. TBH I think we have sold Harry just in time, he was never fast and will only become worse in the next few years

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe we agree twice in one day Kane will get gradually worse

voiceofreason likes this.
  19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Watching Postelogou today I believe reading between the lines he is getting frustrated that we won’t buy until we offload the dross.easier said than done when you pay second rate players good contracts.Nobody else will pay them that so they will stick around.He should make the players he wants out train away from the main squad and hopefully that should force them to leave.With players like Dier just cancel their contracts and take the hit because do we want to keep paying wages and stopping new signings.It won’t happen because We have Scrooge in charge

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Watching sky today do an interview with Paul Barber of Brighton and what an eye opener on how to run a football club.No panic last minute shambles but everything planned even down to having a shortlist of players to buy if one of their stars is sold.The man gave clear and precise answers which must please Brighton fans Oh what a dream that would be if we were even close to that type of organisation.The Owner obviously understands football

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button