Countless offers rejected

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, June 5, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

It seems like several Serie A clubs are planning an Italian job style raid on Tottenham Hotspur with three midfielders linked with a move away from White Hart Lane.

Since the end of the 2013/14 campaign, Sandro has been linked with a switch to Italy and Napoli are looking at bringing him to Naples.

Is Sandro irreplaceable?

The Daily Mirror believe Napoli have made an approach for the Brazilian and are ready to offer £8 million for the 25-year-old, who has struggled with injuries over the past few seasons.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is asking for double of the £8 million figure being reported in an attempt to scare off the Italian clubs interest in Sandro, who remains a favourite with the fans.

Although off the pitch the former Internacional player has developed a great rapport with the fans – and when he is fit on the pitch, also – could he be replaceable?

A recent blog by Josh Bolton certainly got the brain thinking about how important the beast is to the club. £8 million isn’t probably enough for the Brazilian but if Napoli did double that offer then maybe it would be worth Levy considering.

Mousa linked

Another Italian club are also interested in signing one of our midfielders. Roma have put Mousa Dembélé on their transfer targets list and they have made several enquiries to the Belgium’s representatives. The Mirror believe the midfielder may be interested in a move as well.

Like Sandro and Napoli, Roma believe an £8 million bid could tempt Dembélé away from White Hart Lane, Tottenham are expected to hold out for more though.

Always take Lamela with you…

The final midfielder being targeted by Italian clubs is Argentine Erik Lamela, who many fans will be hoping can enjoy a productive second season after struggling last year due to form and injuries.

Lamela has been linked with Napoli and Internazionale but it seems Spurs have not given up on him yet and will reject any permanent or loan deals for the youngster.

Gianluca Di Marzio is certain that despite the big interest in Italy, Lamela will start the 2014/15 season with Tottenham and aim to show the Premier League how talented he truly is.

So Sandro, Dembélé and Lamela have all been linked with a move away but would you be willing to say goodbye to any of those players?

2. Edwhite Guest

I get really fed up this time of year with all the BS put up on websites about Spurs.
    According to them, just about every single member of our squad is to be sold, without exception this summer. It is harder to find a single player who is not being mooted with joining another club.
    So I wish that these delusional, pathetic, lying fantasists would deal in truth. Instead of the reams of total bollocks they regurgitate every day.

3. Michelle Guest

I do hope that Levy tells them where to go and where to shove their offers.
    If he lets Sandro go for whatever price IMHO he will be well past the "Last Chance Saloon" jobwise.

4. Marky Guest

I know there is huge transfer gossip at the present for Spurs but if you look at the squad I wouldn't be surprised if any member of the playing staff was sold over the next transfer window. No one is safe from either being poached from a bigger club or moved on by the manager to free up space for his transfer targets.

5. The Cockerel

The Cockerel Member

Poch will probably want to bring some players of his own plus we need to bolster our full back and central defence positions. We also need another striker. All this means that some current players have to move on and our bloated midfield will surely be one the positions for consideration. Some hard decisions will have to be taken and Poch will have to be given the space and trust to take them.

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Eric Bookie Guest

It really does make me laugh that every season there is a fire sale mooted at WHL and in truth it's never happened yet. Now I agree there is some dead wood at our club that needs moved on (Chirches, Naughton ,Lennon and even Siggy) but none of these players are being touted as leaving its only the players we have no interest in letting go. And another thing since when have spurs been a club that let our players go on the cheap even the ones that aren't worth big money we still get top fees in for them so to claim that we would let Sandro or Dembele go for £8 mill when we payed almost double for each of them when they were brought in is just laughable really. Oh and yeah let's pay £56 mill for 2 players last season (Lamela and Soldado) and then just a year later we will let them go out on loan does every idiot writing these stories think our club is buttoned up the back or that we came down in the last bloody shower. Total and complete clowns that wouldn't know a true scoop if someone slapped them with it.as much as I am not Levy's biggest fan I know when it comes to money he doesn't lose out so please come out with a story that at least has some credibility because these just DON'T simple fact...........COYS

7. Harold Guest

Anyone remember the days when we just spent summer watching our county cricket team and suddenly looking at the calendar to see when the new season started? Now it's a daily barrage of speculation, with so much media available you just can't avoid it. And, as rightly said by others, so little comes of it all. What the leagues need is trades, just like in American baseball leagues, as well as today's "free agency." That would keep the fans buzzing!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button