Chiriches to join Roma, Destro goes in opposite direction?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, August 21, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

Tottenham Hotspur defender Vlad Chiriches could be set to leave White Hart Lane shortly after various reports today suggested the Romanian is close to a move to AS Roma.

The Italian side have been linked with Chiriches throughout the summer and were close to a deal in July.

Agreement reached between Spurs and Roma

No transfer was forthcoming but developments today suggest a move is close with Calciomercatio journalist Nicolo Schira tweeting that Spurs and Roma have agreed a deal for the transfer of Chiriches.

Schira tweeted:

“Agreement today between Walter Sabatini and Franco Baldini for Vlad Chiriches from Tottenham to Roma.”

Sabatini and Baldini’s meeting reported

Meanwhile this news comes after Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Baldini and Sabatini had met over dinner to discuss the Romanian.

The Italian paper believed the two Sporting Directors discussed the possibility of Chiriches and Roma forward Mattia Destro being involved in a swap deal.

Whether or not that can take place remains to be seen but it seems certain that Chiriches will be leaving White Hart Lane before this transfer window shuts.

Chiriches set to leave

The Daily Mirror back up claims that the 24-year-old is going to leave Tottenham and muted Roma as a possible suitor.

The Romanian didn’t play in Spurs Europa League match this afternoon, the official line that he missed out through injury. However, it is wondered whether that is to protect him from picking up an injury that would jeopardize this transfer.

With more and more reports linking Chiriches with a move away from the club it seems we can prepare our goodbyes to the defender.

2. nick Guest

like the lad. keep keep keep

Europa League Cup ect keep keep keep, don't think he will cheat on is wife on millions a year life other do like like like chriches

3. stevethespur Active Member

Yeah i like Vlad too. In the right set up he could be a real asset, but not sure he can fit into a Poch side so maybe best to let him go if we can improve the squad somewhere else. Think Poch likes 'stopper' type CB's, a bit stronger and tougher than Vlad that can excel in the Prem. Coys.

4. nick Guest

I remember when he was Barclays Man of the Match at Man United. last season.

Is he Jonh Terry? No.
    Is he shaky? Yes
    Is a young lad who can put a stone of muscle on is frame and command imo, yes. i like the guy. like and keep imo.

5. stevethespur Active Member

For a time last season i thought Spurs might go the 3-5-2 route with 3 CBs and wing-backs, but it didnt happen. I think Vlad would be ideal as a libero, tidying up and/or bringing the ball out and joining in the attack. But were on a different path now under Poch who is just as attacking, if not more, but who employs a different system to what Vlad is suited. Coys.

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Don't know what to think of Vlad tbh. He looks a good player on the ball but doesn't look like a real CB to me, I think he might be better suited as a RB as he seems a bit lightweight at the back, not so much in his size but he just doesn't look strong enough on the ground or in the air. Im also confused with his so called injury and these rumors that he doesn't want to play for Spurs or in the EPL. If these stories are true and he wants to play for Roma instead then let him go, there's no room in this team for a CB with the heart the size of a pea, I just hope we get a decent replacement in before close of window.

7. Michael Guest

As already mentioned..if Chircheş wants to go then I wish him well. He has some potential to excel in a high line or even as a DM as he can play the pass. It is ability to intercept passes that impresses me and he never seemed to give up. Unfortunately he didn't get a long run of games and I sure would like to see him develop here with us.

But with Dier and potentially Fazio, he may end up being forced out without ever getting a real chance to show what he is like game in and game out.

As far as Destro coming in I think we could do worse but I also think we should look at someone like Aleksandr Kokorin of Dynamo Moscow

Not nearly a finished article either but he appeals to my ideal of a Defoe type who can create his own goals and has some pace too.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button