Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. voiceofreason Active Member

And yes if you analyse someone just on their last games before getting sacked, they are bound to be poor, that’s sort of why they are sacked!!

2. Do we know this as fact though?

I thought it was an absurdly harsh sacking at the time. Twelve games into a new season after leading us to our greatest ever finish in Europe? But to be perfectly fair, he did look completely burnt out. Can anyone blame him though given the parameters he was dealt to work with?

That said, he doesn’t impress me at all these days. His persona has extended his talent … and I believe he will get suitably found out.

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What makes you think he wanted to come back .Have you spoken to him.Don’t believe what you read in the papers.It was never on his agenda unless he could not get another job.If you believe the press we would have signed another centre back a centre forward and a midfielder alreadyYes I was judging him on his last games because that. Is what all managers are judged on

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just to prove that you should ignore paper talk until a deal is done.Todays press says we are in negotiations over Orban but we are also interested in David Lukaku and gnonto.Total rubbish to sell papers.Levy needs to stop arguing about the price for Orban as we have just received 100 million for Kane so spend some now without hassling over pennies and also get another centre back in.This is priority ,

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Looks like Chelsea are going to sign Elise making it 3 this week.They will have spent900 million since new owner took over .Football is becoming a joke to the ordinary man in the street.This used to be a working man’s sport not any more .

6. voiceofreason Active Member

What makes you think he “didn’t want to come back .Have you spoken to him.Don’t believe what you read in the papers.

see how that works?

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Money

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I will be so glad when this window is closed so we don’t havve to see the drivel from the press.Today apparantly we are interested inOrban David Vlahovic Ferguson Martinez Muani.Howcan a club that is arguing about paying 28million for Orban be interested in all the other names I mentioned who would all cost much more.We are also interested in Laporte what a joke .Biggest joke today is the news if true that we are trying to stop Lenglet going to Saudi.I personally would drive him there myself.While we dither Chelsea have bought 3 players and also seem after Olise who all cost more than we are prepared to spend on a much needed striker.It seems Lenglet is the missing centre half and means we won’t spend and will bank the Kane money.You can’t get more laughable than Levy’s idea of getting a bargain (cheap alternatives)

9. Big fran Guest

Given levys statement preseason and having lost our only world class plater aspiring to break back into the top 4 and compete for trophies we have a net spend of just over 50m. Thoughts?

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Chelsea spent 3 times that today and look like spending more on Olise.Levy will never commit to the football side over his pet track and concerts.Please hope that Our revered owner is found guilty of insider trading and is forced to sell the club its our only hope

11. Welcome to Tottenham.

We live in a mansion and eat out of a garbage bin.

12. To be fair … we do pay to make the occasional good buy, such as Maddison or van de Ven.

But it is always opportunistic. The rest of the time we speculate on the cheaper option. You won’t find us spending 80-100 million on a surefire player despite our wealth.

13. Guesty Guest

the dithering about with purchases doesn't help. fighting over £1m or so
    then another club comes in and offers £2m or so and we lose out.

I guess this will happen with (reported) Gift Orban

what about Lukaku & Gallagher from Chelsea????
    I think Gallagher is a good forward thinking player....
    Lukaku....I just can't decide. He was a big powerful good forward...... is he still!?!?

14. Do we need another out-and-out striker? I think Richy needs to start this season. Then, at the very least, we will know.

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Yes we do as Richarlison is not up to being a 20 goals a season man or for that matter not even 10.No centre forward signing no top 6 finish.As much as we know that Postelogou should be given time the spurs fans will soon change if we struggle in bottom half.Levy owes this club for all the years of failure but nothing seems to click with him and he carries on with the same stupidity as always.If we were a shop we would be called the pound shop

16. Geez I don’t know. He’s got 20 goals for Brazil in 40 odd appearances. He scored double digits for Everton three times. I really don’t see why he can’t for us. He certainly doesn’t need to score 30 goals for us to be successful.

I do agree our forward line looks the weakest link at the moment though. Son doesn’t convince me anymore, and Kulu is too predictable and not much of a goal threat. Richarlison is the most promising out of that lot. So keep him in the centre and bring in someone class who can score goals from out wide.

17. Genevaspurs Guest

Richy is not a striker. His best position is in a 4-4-2 behind the striker but not the number 9 in a 4-2-3-1 ... We will see it this Saturday again

18. Interesting.

Postecoglou likes him a lot, and keeps calling him a striker, and the manager only plays one in the middle.

My only concern for Richarlison is who is accompanying him up front because he’s got all the right attributes to lead the line in this system.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I agree that Richie is not the only problem.Son is not performing anywhere near his best and I was sh9cked he was made Skipper and I have said again and again that Kulu offers nothing out wide as he can’t beat a man

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Lukaku…. No!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button