Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see that the big noise has now got involved with Kane transfer and has told Levy to sell if he won’t sign new deal and is not going to let him go free next year.About time this was done and we should have been scouting for a new striker weeks ago.Now watch
    Levy have to sell and then use the proceeds to buy 2 centre backs .Classic situation for Levy to avoid spending money .The centre backs should be a separate issue and not reliant on selling Kane but we all know how the devious little man works.I for one want Kane gone now as the whole club seems to revolve around him and we now need a more mobile attack.Best of luck to Harry one of our greatest players but not irreplaceable and still the second best striker we have had behind the great Jimmy Greaves.

2. Lol Levy is indeed a devious little man. When you read these articles from journos close to the club that we have to sell x, y, and z before improving the team, then our ambition is muted at best.

It is a bizarre set of circumstances; the ultimate bean counter doesn’t seem to understand that proper success equals pounds beyond his wildest dreams lol.

3. That all said … we have the makings of a very good team already!

You certainly wouldn’t have guessed so a few months ago, but a fair bit of talent has returned from on loan. And the new system 100% favours these lads. We have to make the most of it and not sign off on stupid deals to sell off our expensive assets for a pittance. A couple of these returning lads are very good players!

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I am fast becoming totally and unequivocally P****d off with the nonesense written by the so called press.Spurs interested in Mbappe.Do me a favour not even in a parallel universe,Now they report that Levy has told them that they can only afford one centre back and can’t decide which one.Arsenal have spent 200 million already so come on Levy stop this pauper act and deliver for the supporters who have made you rich.2 centre backs and not Lenglet plus a new centre forward with the Kane money.Muani will cost about 60 million and we will get more than that fron Kane sale and even have some over to help towards the centre backs.We can still sell at least 6 players for fees as well so get your finger out you miserable little man

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see levy is now refusing to pay what Blackburn want for Ashley Phillips.It appears that they have upped the price because it’s Tottenham but although it’s a bit naughty 5 million could be 50 million very quickly because the boy is tipped by most good judges as being a future star.Every move a manager wants to make is stymied by the tight wad.Take a chance you *****

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Any body know who Fabrizio Romano is as he is forever giving opinions about spurs transfer business.Yesterday according to him we have agreed terms for van der ven then today we are 10 million away from price.This man seems to know all tottenhams business but I have yet to see him get it right

7. He is a very good source! That is, he has many good sources. Of course, he is not present in these deals himself but he generally knows what is happening before time.

Spurs and van de Ven have agreed personal terms, that is what he said. Now the clubs have to agree the terms for the sale. Needless to say, there has been significant dialogue, and the deal will most likely go ahead since all parties are interested.

8. voiceofreason Active Member

He is usually very good. Most of the time if he says a deal is happening, then it will

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

From todays news it looks like he has got this one right(van der ven)

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great news if we sign Van and Phillips but what worries me is we have not unloaded any deadwood and we are still paying them wages which must eventually affect what we do in the future.It does say a lot about the old squad that nobody is rushing to buy any of them

11. Well part of it is no doubt the same reason we generally take so long to purchase players… the negotiating tactics of the chairman.

The other part is that the vast majority of teams outside England don’t have the same money to buy players as we do. So even though Gio, for example, is worth let’s say 30 million, no one outside of England is going to pay that. Rather they’d just pay a loan fee until his contract eventually runs out.

12. voiceofreason Active Member

Gio should stay. He is going to be a key part of ange”s team

13. Oh I agree… the system suits him

I want Ndombele here too

We need guys who are good on the ball for this to work well

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I will be pleased if Kane stays but I really don’t understand Levy.The price offered by Bayern is good for 30 year old and I fear if he stays he will opt to go to United for free next year.I suppose by next year he will be one year older and most clubs will have their strikers so he may not be quite the catch especially if his wage demands are exhorbitant.We wait with bated breath

15. Guesty Guest

isnt it that Levy has asked for £100m but Bayern have only offered €100m

my guess is that Bayern will offer £100m on Friday.

Kane scored 4 but it didn't look like he celebrated too hard

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Vicario looks every bit the cheap option

17. Guesty Guest

never heard of him either prior to signing

Felon82 likes this.
  18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Looks like Kane has gone and as is levy’s way no time to sign a replacement before the season starts.Brings Back memories of berbatov saga which left us with second rate strikers.Levy has obviously squeezed the maximum out of Bayern but how does that help us unless the money is used to buy another centre half and a top striker.I believe we have got young talent in Phillips and the young argentine striker but are they ready for the premiership.Don’t forget Messi played for big clubs when only 17 but will we give the youngsters a chance.Remember Birmingham blooding a young talent and look where he is now.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

All the fuss about Kane leaving is a bit over the top.Great goalscorer but would not be in my top 5 spurs players of all time as some suggest.When he has been asked to do something special (the European final and England World Cup semi final and euros final against Italy he was non existent.By the way my top5 Greaves Mackay Hoddle Ardilles Blanchflower

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Wow, our record goalscorer not in your top 5.
    This is some coping technique

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button