Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. That’s the spirit oh ye of little faith

At full strength we can match anyone on any given day

I’m not suggesting we win all four of those games … but neither will lose them all … even if struck by another injury blight

In Ange we trust

2. voiceofreason Active Member

Haha

I didn’t say at all that we would lose them all. I just stated a fact that we have an incredibly tough period of games at the end and hoped we peaked for them, since “if” we lost them we could lose a fair few places.
    Just thought it was an interesting anecdote to be aware of a tricky run in to the seasons end

3. Genevaspurs Guest

Spurs are too often nonchalant in the game and in the last 16 meters. And too often we suffer in stoppage time because it allows the opponent to gain confidence and put pressure on our goal. In the end, a totally deserve result against a team which showed nothing apart from sending long balls... Messi says that Romero is the best defender in the world? He is very strong yes but he must have more humility and accept that he is still far from deserving such a title! The entry of Kulu reduced the team to 10 players! Two important points lost today....

4. Skippy Guest

Deserved nothing. Absolutely terrible substitutes from Ange bring on 2 ENIC bargain basements. 2 of the most inadequate ineffective players in the league who would not get into any other premier league teams squad. Trying to close out the win with 9 men when will he learn.

Bazza47 likes this.
  5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Must agree that anges subs don’t seem to clever.Why woiuld you put Skipp on when we were winning although we did not deserve to be ahead. Villa showed tonight how to dispense with bottom 6 teams

Bazza47 likes this.
  6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I love our new keeper but he really must strengthen up as he is going to be pressurised at every set piece from now on

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Well it’s been a while, but nothing really changes. That word, Spursy, just rings in our ears.

For me we’ve been found out tactically, and Ange needs to adapt accordingly. How did we compound the Felon(y)82 and leave Vic exposed for the first goal.

Playing Gung-Ho AngeBall is okay, but you need to avoid being one-dimensional …. Sadly we haven’t seemed to adapt very well - this is the Premier League after all.

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Tough watch today … didn’t play particularly well. Brighton moved the ball better than us under pressure albeit without creating much.

Still a work in progress … onwards and upwards.

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

This web site is dying.What happened to the banter and daily passing of opinions that we used to have .Not every body agreed with the conmments but they did show an interest

10. Genevaspurs Guest

Hi Preed, I often come to read what is said on this site and in fact, interventions are increasingly rare. Sadly..... Maybe because there isn't much to complain about for the eternal contradictors??

11. voiceofreason Active Member

Have to agree, there is not much going on, you do your best to keep it going but loads of regulars seem to have gone.
    I think it’s possibly because it seems to get too divisive, I must admit I do get frustrated when people seem to be saying things just to get a rise! I’m on other sports forums and there are lots of discussions and analysis but this seems to be going the way of very black and white opinions, and yes I am aware that I sit quite strongly on one side. I do try to see both sides and enjoy the occasional rational exchange of opinions though

anyway thanks preed for keeping it going as much as possible

12. Skippy Guest

Terrible performance against Brighton last week and got away with it. Same dross served up today. No sign of "ange ball". Back to boring sideways backwards passing. Lazy slow predicatable passing without zip with no off the ball movement.
    At a club that just takes part with no real ambition or pressure the performances like this can be expected with some regularity.
    Nothing will ever change under this ownership. Never. Levy will hand over to his son and on and on and on it will go.

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Absolute garbage today.Wolverhampton totally the better side.Dont we miss Porro.I think Ange has been sussed because he won’t change systems.Team selection wrong today no pace on wings

14. Guesty Guest

I think we failed by the team pressing too high.
    It leaves us as risk to long balls down the wings

If you were coaching kids you'd have said at HT.....look they are sitting in banks outside their own box and looking to play on the break.....
    let's keep the ball in our half and bring them out..... then play short passes and triangles through them.
    Or get the defence to test the keeper from distance 2 or 3 times to make their midfield engage

lots of teams will play this way against us....

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Now is a good time to judge Ange.I know any criticism will be jumped on by his fan club but it is allowed.I think that opposition teams have sussed the way we play and now sit back and hit us s on the break,.We need to be able to change and I am not sure that Ange can.Dont get me wrong I prefer Angeball to the mundane rubbish we have had for the last 3 years but I still want to win a trophy and I am not convinced this team can.I assume Ange wanted Johnson and Verner which makes me question his opinion of players although defensively he has done well.Finally when we struggle his subs leave a lot to be desired

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So with no Europe at all to contend with, out 1st stage of the LG Cup, 2nd stage of the FA Cup.

"But we sold kane" I hear you cry, without acknowledging that Ange has in return had upgrades in Goal, a settled Porro, VDV, Udogie & Maddison.

Yet with less games to negate, 5 1st team improvements we are a whopping 2 points ahead of last season at the same stage having conceded even more.

Everything about this club is judged on feelings over fact.
    We've been playing rubbish for months and getting away with it mainly down to opponents not finishing their chances.

I'm sorry to break it to you but Ange Ball is a Myth.

It's about the same level of school playground tactics "next goal wins".

And whilst I was told the last few seasons the defence needs better coaching, and we need to play to our strengths ....

What's the excuse for our current defence being absolutely shite?

N if its high risk/high reward what's the reward because this is another wasted season, no trophies, can only hope to scrape 4th maybe 5th via the back door.

But that'll be celebrated like an amazing achievement then used as an excuse for next seasons short comings.

17. I think you have your answer. People only come here to complain. Otherwise, no one (with the odd exception) has anything much positive to say.

18. Guesty Guest

Felon..... what is your answer to what needs to happen to make you positive!?

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I am also on other sites for spurs and believe me the comments from Felon are mild compared with some from The Fighting **** website.Personally I can understand why some people are not so sure now as they used to be .We have struggled in quite a few games recently and have relied on missed chances from the opposition to help us out..I really wish that Ange would change tactics occaisionly when needed.He should realise that he is not in Scotland where he had the best players and did not need to change but he is now coming up against the cream of management who will suss out your weaknesses very quickly

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

New owners, and fans with a spine/backbone

And of course being a proper football club not a money making machine for a property developer.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button