Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Slating the club by telling the truth.
    The truth is we just saw a new manager bounce with a couple of quality 1st team additions.
    Like I said predictably many of you shot your bolt over a few sketchy wins over the likes of Sheffield Utd & Luton.
    So desperate were you all to pretend previous managers were clueless you were basking in it, but now Ange is working with the **** forced on previous the whole narrative has changed.
    Exactly as I said it would.

So yes when all these flaws in the team & hypocrisy rears its head il be here to remind you.

2. voiceofreason Active Member

translation « when we lose »

Nobody expected us to win or challenge for the league. It’s been very clear from the beginning of the season that we are on transition and he isn’t expecting it to be quick. The problem is we had a much better start than expected so that made some people think we are already the finished product and others think that when we actually lose games (that was also expected!) they can be all happy saying « told you so » even if that was with a hugely depleted squad - 2 gk on bench FFS

we are about where expected, we have a great first 11. Need strength in reserves in centre backs, Ange was clear about that and didn’t get it. Let’s hope we can find someone in Jan (FYI - I wasn’t happy we chose Ange and said so but I am definitely happy seeing free flowing football as opposed to the dross Conte served up!)

3. FFS? now now we can’t have that sort of aggression on this website lol.

You jumping ship already? lol… that is pretty pathetic.

We are absolutely decimated at present. Six starters absent against Villa, including our very best game-changing players, and yet we still deserved to win.

The cupboard is utterly thread bare, and what’s left was truly broken last year. I admire the manager for seeing the big picture. Long may he continue.

4. voiceofreason Active Member

You haven’t understood at all!! I am all for the way we are playing and think we have a great first team. I along with absolutely everyone else believes we need a few more players to really be consistently challenging in case injuries or suspensions occur.

5. voiceofreason Active Member

Bentacur out for 10 weeks?!

Ange will need to start putting on his boots soon.

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

So sorry for Betancour a really class player and a good fit for Maddison then the animal Cash commits a red card tackle and gets away with it Scott free.This is not his first offence and needs someone to sort him out.All teams get injuries but I can’t remember many where 4 of their best 5 have all been out at the same time.Dreading this weekend because City will take us to the cleaners.I fear that unless we adjust we are heading for a few more losses and come January when hopefully Maddison and Van are back we will have had our confidence ruined and will have our season Peter out.If we have dropped out of the top 4 we will find it difficult to attract new players.Its the hope that drives you mad being a spurs fan and I hope I am wrong but the circumstances will probably mean our season becomes another mediocre one

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Any body else watching today from behind the sofa.Now we have Sarr injured.This means probably Bissouma paired with Le celso and one other Hojbjerg or Skipp which means we will be over run and I fear Harland will have a field day.This could be so embarrassing .with West Ham and Newcastle to come we could be looking at 6 defeats in a row and that would be a record we don’t need and people will start to question our tactics.As refreshing post is with his philosophy sometimes you have to change to accommodate the circumstances this is not Scotland where you only had one challenger

8. voiceofreason Active Member

Yep definitely worried for this one. I see no Dier even on the bench. Is he injured, if not then that seems stranGe. I know he is not everyone’s cup of tea but if we have two injuries at the back who do we put on?

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t watch it but I know we are losing and city have hit the woodwork 3 times.Please hurry up January or we will plummet

10. voiceofreason Active Member

Great result
    Terrible decision by the referee but we were owed one!
    25 mini heart attacks every time royal gets the ball!
    We need to keep lo celso, he is very good, perfect to be back up to madders
    Looking forward to having Romero back next week

I think we would have all taken this league position and this result at the beginning of the season. Doing it with all the injuries is great. Team spirit is immense

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Agreed a great result but don’t get fooled as City should have scored 5 in first half and we got our first bit of luck when the ref did not allow city to play on at the end.I knew when we equalised we would still give them another chance.Playing out to Emmerson is not good for the nerves.Still Romero back next game and hopefully Sarr.I agree we should keep lo celso.I am seeing Johnson getting better bit by bit.City could have scored at least 3+from Emmerson receiving the ball from the keeper

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe how quiet this website is.Yes we were probably fortunate but don’t knock the spirit.

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

A point away to City is a good result.

Needed a fair bit of luck to get it, but at least we've not lost 4 on the bounce.

14. Guesty Guest

agree a point away is a good result…..given our previous three games……and the needed a bit of luck…..
    ….but I do think the three goals we conceded were from our own mistakes.

15. voiceofreason Active Member

I know this maybe controversial but I dont blame Bissouma for that error. He was 5 inches away from slipping it through and that would have left 3 players in his wake and a great counter would have been in process. If it had come off we would have been going crazy about it. I guess with 2 decent centra backs the error is less likely to be compounded ?

16. Guesty Guest

I just think against the top teams he just had to play that the way he is facing and pass that 5 yards to the left back.....who had the space to move it up the pitch

17. Genevaspurs Guest

Totally agree. He was apparently tired and he had to play more safely in this area !

18. Genevaspurs Guest

Ok but we gave them one own goal + 1 big mistake on their third one so even if we had a lot of chance on the big mistake from the ref we should be proud of this result

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a let down again score first lose again.Cant keep blaming injuries because other teams have them and don’t get one point from 5 games.The horrible word Spursy is starting to raise its ugly head again.We cannot manage a game and that is down to the manager.I Pray that Postelogou gets it right but I don’t think he knows how to manage games. Because at Celtic he did not have to.The first boos after the game tonight so the fans won’t accept this continuing however attractive the football appears to be.

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

This web has gone quiet again .Tonights performance was mainly down to the players not being at the races and we have dominated at least 3 games inthe first halves but our goal scoring is pathetic.

Last edited: December 7, 2023

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button